Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73381 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2015, 05:09:34 pm »

Probability of 4maskwolf being a third party rising...
And you're assuming I'd be that stupid as a third party?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2015, 05:11:21 pm »

I'm saying that at the moment, the scum are the town's concern, not the third-parties.  They can sort themselves out well enough.
I agree with 4mask, although your insistence does make me lean 3rd party on you. Not that I care about voting you.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2015, 05:16:16 pm »

Probability of 4maskwolf being a third party rising...
And you're assuming I'd be that stupid as a third party?

I'm assuming that the way you've been acting is the way a third party would act. The question now is if you're the Good, the Bad, or the Ugly.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2015, 05:20:37 pm »

*4maskwolf shrugs

Everyone: Let's actually get some scumhunting in by the end of the day, shall we?

TheDarkStar: Okay then.  How useful do you believe that a Guardsman is?  What considerations must be taken when choosing who to target with your night action?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 23, 2015, 05:24:30 pm »

EBWOP: By your, I meant "as the Guardsman".

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 23, 2015, 05:27:43 pm »

TheDarkStar: Okay then.  How useful do you believe that a Guardsman is?  What considerations must be taken when choosing who to target with your night action?

Like you say, it's the most useful because it's a normal jailkeeper. When targeting people, I'd lean towards trying to protect them by jailing the most vocal ones first. Why does your question assume that I'm the Guardsman? (answered by your second post)

Isn't this a repetition of the stereotypical "Would you jail to block or jail to protect" RVS question? If so, how is it scumhunting? Also, I notice that you tried to shift the topic of discussion off of yourself. Are you a third-party worried that the opposing third-party (group) will kill you? Are you scum trying to avoid getting shot by the Bad/Ugly for looking like you're third-party?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 23, 2015, 05:29:33 pm »

I don't see it as a repetition, no.  I asked what needs to be taken into account, and you didn't answer that question.

I see no reason why I should answer rhetorical rolefishing questions.  I'm not trying to get talk off myself, I'm looking to get talk towards finding scum.  Please note the difference.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 23, 2015, 05:30:29 pm »

Peradon, do you think it's worth spending time looking for the Bad then? Would you try to lynch the bad over someone you thought was scum?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 23, 2015, 05:31:24 pm »

I don't see it as a repetition, no.  I asked what needs to be taken into account, and you didn't answer that question.

I see no reason why I should answer rhetorical rolefishing questions.  I'm not trying to get talk off myself, I'm looking to get talk towards finding scum.  Please note the difference.

You are, of course, implying that any and all scumhunting directed at you is not 'real scumhunting'.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 23, 2015, 05:40:34 pm »

pfp

post coming soon, but to prevent problems...

Deathsword

unvote
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2015, 05:45:26 pm »

Peradon, do you think it's worth spending time looking for the Bad then? Would you try to lynch the bad over someone you thought was scum?
I do think its worth looking for the bad, but not lynching him over the scum. The reason is that the bad is just a SK with a specific kill needed to win. Its more likely that he will kill town than it is that he will kill scum or 3rd party, and anything that kills town is bad, and should be lynched. Do you agree?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2015, 07:39:49 pm »

You are, of course, implying that any and all scumhunting directed at you is not 'real scumhunting'.
You have been third-party hunting me, not scumhunting me.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2015, 07:50:55 pm »

Everyone: who is your top scumpick right now?  Vote for them.  Seriously, we've got only about a RL day left in the day and only a few pages of content.  I'm trying to get things moving, but you all need to be assertive as well.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2015, 07:54:40 pm »

Peradon:
I have put thought into it of course. Think like the enemy it seems to be the way to play. Town are trying to think like scum to figure out who they are and scum try to think like town to hide. Motivation and reasoning is the name of the game (well actually it's mafia). I suck at putting this idea into practice though.

How would you play the good?
I would probably play as a normal town, and then kill off the most suspicious person around D2 or 3. Also, are you implying that you are good/ugly by trying to think like your enemy, the bad?

Sorry I havent been active during the weekend... I'll try to get to it...

This seems unnecessarily nitpicky. Normally I wouldn't mind but you voted him and this looks like an excuse to keep your vote on him. And your line of thought is severely undercut by the "if" in front of "we don't". Seems unusual for someone being nitpicky to blatantly forget a word in from of the words he's focusing on.
Deathsword
Caught scum D1 last game Caught scum d1 here.
The if is irrelevant. For example: I am town, so if I say "if I do vote you", I am saying that implying my alignment. Now, if I was asked what I'd do as, let's say, the Bad, I'd phrase it as "if I did vote you".

Furthermore, I believe that if you do indeed cause my lynch, you'll be quite disappointed with your streak being broken, for I am not scum.

8 pages in and the circle jerk continues...
roo: Then why are you not doing anything to try and break it? So far, all I've seen is you complain about it, but not actually do anything about that.
DeathSword, this looks like a OMGUS to me. First he votes you for criticizing DA based on wording, which was entirely justifiable. Then you respond, defending yourself. Then you quote his circlejerking post, and vote based on that, which is by no means justifiable, and looks to me like you are trying to cover up your OMGUS.

I already have voted for him. I am still waiting for him to respond. He has been active, he was on half an hour ago, so its not like he isnt around.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2015, 07:56:09 pm »

I wasn't specifically referring to you, but thank you for giving me something to look over and analyze that I would otherwise have to read back to find.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33