Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73385 times)

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2015, 10:22:33 am »

TDS:
Everyone: Would any of the third parties merit a policy-lynch if you found out who they were?
Should the scum be lynched before a scum-sided Bad or should it be the other way around?
If you were town, would you try to help the Good/Ugly, the Bad, or neither?
Ending the conflict between the GBU in the good and ugly's favour actually seems the way to go because as soon as the bad's win condition is fulfilled they all leave which drops three votes out which brings us ever closer to lylo or mylo. So:
1. The bad, he's a SK basically and when he kills the right target removes 3 players (the whole GBU) otherwise he'll probably kill the villagers.
2. The bad, removes a NK and if we knew both the scum's identities the game is over anyway. Plus reasons above.
3. The good and the ugly. It seems to be the best way to go about it.

How do feel about my way of thinking?

Tiruin:
Is my net, guv! Don'cha see me as a footpad 'ere :I

..Um. Random kill? :v
Anything-which-infringes-on-killing-me-straight-out works! Also me hilariously shooting the Ugly. That too.
But not the lynch, not the day game. Just any extraneous variable which affects my words to be spoken, to be iredeemably silenced.
FOREVER o___o

But yes: Query to thee! What purpose does that question serve?
Be ye an existentialist?! :I

Err...my posting ended there because lack of time!
Will try to be back later!
The ugly only kills Confederates which the bad is not. So don't worry about hilariously shooting him unless you are a Confederate.

I think you kinda answered your own question with the second one. I like to look at how people go about things as well as what they do. I had to look up existen-thingy and I think that's what it means correct me if I'm wrong.

So if you were the ugly would you try to encourage an attack?

This is an equally hard choice. Usually, these questions would come about the topic of prior knowledge--though I'm a person who considers inner potential in everyone :/ I'd doubtfully pick the ones I played with before (Deathsword, Silthuri, Mastercheese, 4mask, TheDS, Deus)...one of them, but that'd leave out possible others like Roo and Comrade, who I either did not play with before or is my first time playing with them.
Also what is this lie? You know me, me and Flabort lynched you when you were SK who turned up mafia. I'm insulted.  :'(

4mask:
Are you a third party? If not then what is wrong trying to find them? Two are millers which would be handy to know if we do in fact have a Captain and the other is a SK.

Peradon:
Launch a general spread of attacks, you know my usual crap cases but more of them. See if anyone tries to defend the certain partner. Push  case on suspicion of scum team if so. Keep up the pressure up until they either reveal if they are the good and the ugly. Proceed to shoot either if lynch does not fall through. Ugly kills confederates not bad if I'm reading this right. If this does not work. Look for patterns which indicate a large degree of trust between two players, scum will probably try and avoid looking like a team, good and ugly probably not as concerned.

What do you think of this? Is it helpful? Idiotic? Not detailed enough? Too detailed?
Well, that is certainly detailed. It looks like you have certainly put a lot of thought into it. Have you?
I have put thought into it of course. Think like the enemy it seems to be the way to play. Town are trying to think like scum to figure out who they are and scum try to think like town to hide. Motivation and reasoning is the name of the game (well actually it's mafia). I suck at putting this idea into practice though.

How would you play the good?

Hector:
I'll need to request replacement for this one. I can't invest as much time as I'd like into it :( sorry guys!
Bye

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2015, 11:14:29 am »

Comrade Shamrock: Am I a third-party?  I can say whatever I want in answer to this question and it is abjectly meaningless, seeing as how you can't confirm my alignment.  My answer is no.

What's wrong with third-party hunting?  It wastes time.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2015, 11:50:40 am »

4mask:
Comrade Shamrock: Am I a third-party?  I can say whatever I want in answer to this question and it is abjectly meaningless, seeing as how you can't confirm my alignment.  My answer is no.

What's wrong with third-party hunting?  It wastes time.
Nothing is meaningless. Reactions gives reasonings and reasonings give a motive which is what we use to determine someone's alignment. I'm getting good vibes from this as you are not trying to be friendly but are blunt and to the point. Ergo not buddying.

But just to be sure could you possibly give me a link to a game which involved third parties (along with a scum team) and you?

mastahcheese:
How do you feel about 4masks choice of scumbud? What did it gain you?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2015, 02:19:09 pm »

Could I give you a link...

The last game I played in which had guaranteed, known third parties was...

Well if you're asking for a game in which I was town, I can't give you one.  If you want one in general, have the original GBU, in which I was a newbie scum.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2015, 02:20:18 pm »

Deal with it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2015, 02:21:16 pm »

Deal with it.
origamiscienceguy has stolen my avatar and butted in to make an inane comment.  Why did you say something with so little relevance to the game as the only content of your post.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2015, 02:23:03 pm »

Because it was hilarious. You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now. he he. I'm changing it back right now.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2015, 02:55:38 pm »

I'm assuming from context that OSG stole the airplane turtle thing?

Comrade, why would the Good and Ugly be more likely to aid the town than the scum once the Bad was eliminated?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2015, 05:31:01 pm »

mastahcheese:
How do you feel about 4masks choice of scumbud? What did it gain you?
Eh, I was hoping he'd say someone other than me, but I can't really blame him. That was a good game.

Didn't really gain me anything, overall. I'm trying to think of other things to say, but I'm tired, and it's the weekend anyway.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2015, 05:48:50 pm »

hector13 has been replaced by Cheeetar

If this votecount is off, blame the LurkerTracker.

Votecount:
origamiscienceguy-4maskwolf
roo-Comrade Shamrock, Deathsword
TDS-hector13
Deathsword-roo

Day 1 ends Wednesday, March 25 at 3:00 PM EST.

48 hour vote rule will go into effect Monday, March 23 at 3:00 PM EST.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2015, 06:43:49 pm »

Peradon:
I have put thought into it of course. Think like the enemy it seems to be the way to play. Town are trying to think like scum to figure out who they are and scum try to think like town to hide. Motivation and reasoning is the name of the game (well actually it's mafia). I suck at putting this idea into practice though.

How would you play the good?
I would probably play as a normal town, and then kill off the most suspicious person around D2 or 3. Also, are you implying that you are good/ugly by trying to think like your enemy, the bad?

Sorry I havent been active during the weekend... I'll try to get to it...

This seems unnecessarily nitpicky. Normally I wouldn't mind but you voted him and this looks like an excuse to keep your vote on him. And your line of thought is severely undercut by the "if" in front of "we don't". Seems unusual for someone being nitpicky to blatantly forget a word in from of the words he's focusing on.
Deathsword
Caught scum D1 last game Caught scum d1 here.
The if is irrelevant. For example: I am town, so if I say "if I do vote you", I am saying that implying my alignment. Now, if I was asked what I'd do as, let's say, the Bad, I'd phrase it as "if I did vote you".

Furthermore, I believe that if you do indeed cause my lynch, you'll be quite disappointed with your streak being broken, for I am not scum.

8 pages in and the circle jerk continues...
roo: Then why are you not doing anything to try and break it? So far, all I've seen is you complain about it, but not actually do anything about that.
DeathSword, this looks like a OMGUS to me. First he votes you for criticizing DA based on wording, which was entirely justifiable. Then you respond, defending yourself. Then you quote his circlejerking post, and vote based on that, which is by no means justifiable, and looks to me like you are trying to cover up your OMGUS.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2015, 08:10:44 pm »

Hello friends. I am the new Hector13. I'll admit, I did not expect to have to replace in on the first day of this game. Should be able to make an actual post when I get home.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2015, 08:18:42 pm »

Cheeter, just wondering, why do you sign up for replacement instead of actual game? Do you not like the RVS or something?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2015, 08:22:24 pm »

Somebody replaces out in pretty much every single game that's hosted here- it's not a fun thing for the rest of the players, and signing in as replacement means it impacts the game less (plus I'm pretty much guaranteed to still be playing it.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2015, 08:40:06 pm »

This is an equally hard choice. Usually, these questions would come about the topic of prior knowledge--though I'm a person who considers inner potential in everyone :/ I'd doubtfully pick the ones I played with before (Deathsword, Silthuri, Mastercheese, 4mask, TheDS, Deus)...one of them, but that'd leave out possible others like Roo and Comrade, who I either did not play with before or is my first time playing with them.
Also what is this lie? You know me, me and Flabort lynched you when you were SK who turned up mafia. I'm insulted.  :'(
I remembered you after I posted that but then didn't have time to post so I'll be posting later if ever able! D:

Also I was a bit bitter there but that was only bitter in idea and not...like, continuous.

Yeaaaah I'm a bit behind the game as it is due to technical issues <_< will be back though because EXAM WEEK fun x_x
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33