Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73455 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2015, 09:54:59 pm »

He was answering from a townie perspective. It is not part of the wincon to lynch the GBU.

I'm pretty sure Hector meant the part he colored orange. What were you referring to?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2015, 10:25:49 pm »

I'm just saying that hector's answer is from a townie perspective. I don't know why TDS specified that it was from townie perspective when he already answered as such.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2015, 10:58:29 pm »

Everyone:1. Would any of the third parties merit a policy-lynch if you found out who they were?
2.Should the scum be lynched before a scum-sided Bad or should it be the other way around?
3.If you were town, would you try to help the Good/Ugly, the Bad, or neither?

1. No, not part of the win-con
2. Yes, they are part of the win-con
3. See 1.

I don't like these questions TDS, you seem to be encouraging town not to vote for the scum. Why is that?

Why do you think I'm encouraging people to not vote for scum? Why are you so worried about third-parties?

^This is town btw. I eagerly wait for an answer to the latter. two obv scum day 1?!? Nice. Ogs might be one of them strawberries hue an emphasis on might be; I'm going back and forth on my read of him.
Ogs how long have you been playing? I did mean what I said earlier were you unfamiliar with how rvs worked as opposed to rqs? If you were ignoring me say so, and explain why.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2015, 11:08:50 pm »

I've played in  5 games so far.

1. Operation overlord
2. Vengefull mafia
3. CYOM
4. The troll BM
5. The Wolf BM

I do know what RVS stage is. But the problem is that you keep changing your vote so often and give very few reasons so I myself have stopped caring about your votes. That defeats the purpose of RVS. Don't you think?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2015, 11:13:19 pm »

I've played in  5 games so far.

1. Operation overlord
2. Vengefull mafia
3. CYOM
4. The troll BM
5. The Wolf BM

I do know what RVS stage is. But the problem is that you keep changing your vote so often and give very few reasons so I myself have stopped caring about your votes. That defeats the purpose of RVS. Don't you think?
Pray tell:
What is the purpose of rvs and how is me changing my vote once, "so often," and how is that defeating said purpose of rvs? Am not liking your response so far.
Or not it's cool.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2015, 11:29:06 pm »

All of the trivial arguments...

origamiscienceguy, one vote change does not constitute a problem in RVS.  While RVS has become significantly tamer than it used to be, that is still an overreaction.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2015, 11:31:56 pm »

The purpose of RVS is to get conversations going and using your vote as a kick. I personally don't participate but I do watch it intently. When I said 'so often' I was referring to your meta and the fact that you voted me for a completely unrelated reason and immediately voted Deathsword for an equally dumb reason and then fos'd me right after. All in all,  I can't take you seriously with your votes meaning that your vote is not acting as a kick in this case.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2015, 12:00:16 am »

I am alive and posting later on. Net problems though :/ we don't have much access to it here (or mobile internet <_<).

Also as a non-game related aside, Roo, your name reminds me of a childhood...like. Well, that one character in Winnie the Pooh. x3
Loved Roo a lot.

ANYWAY. Howdy y'all. Let's be civil war people!
Let's give this early RVS wherein-I-lack-time-to-give-my-own-RVS some thought on how I think!

Also note ahead, I skimmed to answer those addressed to me :x Sorry if the queries were answered in advance!

Tiruin: As the Good, who would you want as the Ugly? Why?
Ya mean if ah can pick my Ugly, aye? :D

Well, if I could pick my buddy-ugly, then I'd pick...
4maskwolf
TheDarkStar
Deus Asmoth
Peradon
Silthuri
Mastahcheese
Deathsword
hector13
OrigamiScienceGuy
Tiruin
roo
Comrade Shamrock
This is an equally hard choice. Usually, these questions would come about the topic of prior knowledge--though I'm a person who considers inner potential in everyone :/ I'd doubtfully pick the ones I played with before (Deathsword, Silthuri, Mastercheese, 4mask, TheDS, Deus)...one of them, but that'd leave out possible others like Roo and Comrade, who I either did not play with before or is my first time playing with them.

I n that knowledge, I'd basically play with anyone AND WE SHALL FORGE OUR SURVIVAL TOGETHER because...of my principles, basically: that anyone can be a great Mafia player (as judgement is usually deferred to skill here), with the correct guidance and application of knowledge in response to interaction.

Query for you, good sir. Why would you ask me a completely mechanical question, unless it was meant to dredge my insight and delve into how I think? Was there any other purpose behind the notion?

Everybody,
of the three third-party roles, which sounds the most fun to you?
Spoiler: Lesee 'ere (click to show/hide)
Bad = Third Party SK or survivor-aligned vigilante + Godfather.
Ehh...has the usual 'power' idea in the mix, but unappealing to me as I'm a more attitudinal-focused person. It has powers to balance the wincon, but...not my usual fair.
Good/Ugly = Very nice. Ugly has a reflect which is like Mr. Hyde! In that analogy, e's like the hated townie, though (obv Mafia on inspect) instead of (lesser votes req. to lynch). May play as jester (though personally, I won't do that ever). The same goes with Good, but Good seems like the least 'handicapped' of the three, but has a one-shot nightkill--an analogy is Sherlock Holmes: may do the kill, has a choice to the kill, knows it is limited, and instead has priority towards survival and keeping his buddy alive!

Either of the Good/Ugly, I'd throw my lot in, falling more with Good, due to its precarious situation...though compared to the Bad, they don't have to 'side' with one or the other, and must focus more on personal survival than which-side-wins.

Now query to you, friend gentleman! Why would you inquire as to the interest on third-parties as an RVS question? Are you vested in the arts of extraneous variables affecting the play, or is there a more simplistic idea behind the innocuous question? May I indulge in the ways of your mind, there?

Everyone: Which of the two possible town power roles seems the most useful to you?
Well, on this chance, I'd move towards a Captain or the Angry Private--both because of the one-way nature of their powers compared to the other two having a dual-nature condition to either the effect of their powers, or a 'balancing' beam to possibly unveil identity (unsure what 'reveal' means here...seems best played late-game as it is like...a "confirmed" town point).

Why those two is because of their power: one is a vanilla cop, and the other is a decider. Why, again, on the latter, is because they wield a considering power--in my context, power which is a very precarious tool in the hands of thought and idea, and can be waived in many instances which would 'bluff' which the other powers cannot even do. It's like Good, but without the survival requirement or the ties to buddies!

Query to you, my British friend (Scotland, aye?): Why the inquiry on preferred power roles? I can see the obvious and evident note of randomness in the context--so there is a deeper detail on why you asked this, or is this skipping stones on just knowing preferences?

Tiruin and Silthuri:
Our resident lurkers.  ;D

As the bad what do you think the greatest danger to you would be?
Oi D:<
Is my net, guv! Don'cha see me as a footpad 'ere :I

..Um. Random kill? :v
Anything-which-infringes-on-killing-me-straight-out works! Also me hilariously shooting the Ugly. That too.
But not the lynch, not the day game. Just any extraneous variable which affects my words to be spoken, to be iredeemably silenced.
FOREVER o___o

But yes: Query to thee! What purpose does that question serve?
Be ye an existentialist?! :I

Err...my posting ended there because lack of time!
Will try to be back later!

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2015, 12:03:48 am »

The purpose of RVS is to get conversations going and using your vote as a kick. I personally don't participate but I do watch it intently. When I said 'so often' I was referring to your meta and the fact that you voted me for a completely unrelated reason and immediately voted Deathsword for an equally dumb reason and then fos'd me right after. All in all,  I can't take you seriously with your votes meaning that your vote is not acting as a kick in this case.
Actually, given that roo comes from a different site, what he's doing makes sense. If you look at Mafiascum, they do pretty much a pure RVS with no questions for the first couple of pages. So really what he's doing isn't very suspicious.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2015, 12:13:59 am »

I don't think that he is suspicious, especially after the BM. I am maybe just slightly annoyed. (He didn't come from MafiaScum either)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2015, 12:18:09 am »

I'm sorry...

I can't play tonight...

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2015, 12:39:36 am »

Query for you, good sir. Why would you ask me a completely mechanical question, unless it was meant to dredge my insight and delve into how I think? Was there any other purpose behind the notion?
It was purely an RQS question. I dont know any different kind of question to ask, besides on mechanics.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2015, 01:20:22 am »

Did my vote not do just that, what you explained as rvs? Or am I misreading the context? (Hint: random is there for a reason). I think this is what you're butting up against lol. Like I highly doubt you are familiar with rvs never having partaken and being heavily influenced by mostly rqs starts.

I submit that you are misguided in not participating in rvs. It is easy, gets the game going, gets people engaged, isn't rqs, definitely isn't rqs and it can become very serious very fast as demonstrated. And Meta? one beginner game is now meta?Check that. One beginner game where I was lynched day 1 is meta?Far be it from me to correct a man on his misguided definitions. (kinda undercut myself there huh?) Meh. But moving on to more relevant matters. My vote on deathsword was dumb? I would like to hear more on this. If you would expand on that pls. (noting that you didn't call my fos on you dumb Freudian slip?) And I frankly do not care if you take me seriously you might very likely be scum here.
Or not it's cool.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2015, 08:22:00 am »

Everyone:1. Would any of the third parties merit a policy-lynch if you found out who they were?
2.Should the scum be lynched before a scum-sided Bad or should it be the other way around?
3.If you were town, would you try to help the Good/Ugly, the Bad, or neither?

1. No, not part of the win-con
2. Yes, they are part of the win-con
3. See 1.

I don't like these questions TDS, you seem to be encouraging town not to vote for the scum. Why is that?

Why do you think I'm encouraging people to not vote for scum? Why are you so worried about third-parties being lynched?

67% (rounded) of your questions orbited around considering voting for third-party, which obviously means not voting for scum. Your second question indeed outright stated should one variety of them be voted over scum. That's why I'm worried about third-parties being lynched, at least in the context of your questions.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2015, 08:39:05 am »

Third parties my ass.

Seriously guys, don't worry too much about the thirds.  If we do, it just distracts from scumhunting.  And given the state of the town power roles, we'll need all the scumhunting we can get.

Which I suppose means that I should actually scumhunt rather than just grumping.

The problem is, I'm not really invested in the cases going on right now and don't have the energy to come up with new ones.

Urk.  What is life.

hector13: I don't read those questions as asking us to not vote scum at all, they are asking under what circumstances we should vote third-parties.  Yes, voting for a third-party means not voting for a scum, but what you conveniently forget to mention is that it also means not voting for a town.

Darky: 1. nope 2. scum 3. Good and Ugly, duh.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33