Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73390 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #90 on: March 21, 2015, 12:44:31 pm »

Seriously guys, don't worry too much about the thirds.  If we do, it just distracts from scumhunting.  And given the state of the town power roles, we'll need all the scumhunting we can get.

hector13: I don't read those questions as asking us to not vote scum at all, they are asking under what circumstances we should vote third-parties.  Yes, voting for a third-party means not voting for a scum, but what you conveniently forget to mention is that it also means not voting for a town.

I was going to mention that, but thought it was rather too obvious a thing to point out... evidently pedantry is the route to go in Mafia.

However, the bolded paragraph of yours is basically what my opinion is in regards to his questions. TDS in his first question is making us consider if it's a good idea to lynch third-party on principle, and his second is whether it's worth lynching a third-party over scum.

In both instances, I don't believe it's a good idea, so I made sure to point it out as I think it's muy importante for the town to know that lynching third-party doesn't help win the game.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 21, 2015, 12:46:52 pm »

Tiruin: curiosity, I suppose. I knew the two roles that I thought were best for the town, but it's useful to have other people's opinions to make sure I haven't overlooked something. I can also assure you I'm not British. We had several wars over that distinction.

OSG, which would you consider more worrying then, someone voting you after voting for several people, or someone voting for you after voting for no one beforehand?

Mask, are you scum trying to drop third party tells by feigning disinterest in scumhunting, or have you just made me paranoid?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2015, 12:56:32 pm »

Mask, are you scum trying to drop third party tells by feigning disinterest in scumhunting, or have you just made me paranoid?
Probably the later, although you left off the possibility where I'm third party and genuinely don't give a shit about scumhunting and the possibility that I'm just tired of scumhunting because it's ineffective at its original intent, didn't get good sleep last night, and generally am in a bad mood (hint: it's the last one).

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2015, 01:00:28 pm »

I am curious though, Deus, why are you so paranoid of me?  My only good game as scum was the last GBU over a year ago.

unvote.

Seriously though, everyone, stop obsessing about the third-parties.  They'll sort themselves out while we deal with the scum.  Also stop obsessing about power roles: most of them are garbage, nobody but the players themselves know who have them, and there isn't really much anyone else can do or say on the matter.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2015, 01:18:18 pm »

mastahcheese: Pick two players who you believe would make the strongest scumteam out of those people present.

Tiruin: What is the biggest scumtell, in your opinion?  This question can be answered with "I'd rather not say".

roo: This is your second game of mafia on Bay12, correct?  What do you believe is the most important lesson you took away from your last game.

hector13: Give me one insight you've had into the game of mafia that you discovered on your own, rather than were told by other players.

Peradon: How many games have you played, which was your favorite game, and why was it your favorite game?

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2015, 02:23:48 pm »

roo: This is your second game of mafia on Bay12, correct?  What do you believe is the most important lesson you took away from your last game.

Not to get livid with white hot rage at people who insistent on pulling town back into rqs when there are several reads already out there and instead of focusing and discussing them. Discussion goes on a tangent about frivolities and inane useless hypotheticals that don't do anything for town. Don't worry I'll still probably get angry. As far as things taken from that game or picked up on or learned. Just what is done what is accepted as site meta and a premonition of the daunting arduous task that I have from changing to rvs instead of rqs. Means I might have to mod games, but I don't mod games hopefully my play is good enough to convince people to change styles slightly. Even if I am how would you say difficult and unpleasant. I promise you tho deep down I'm a complete ass :p.
Or not it's cool.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2015, 02:26:24 pm »

Mask: I've had two games with you as scum and been completely unaware of that until it was nearly too late/far too late, so I'm being more suspicious this time round.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2015, 02:31:42 pm »

Mask: I've had two games with you as scum and been completely unaware of that until it was nearly too late/far too late, so I'm being more suspicious this time round.
You're referring to BM 51 and Choose-Your-Own-Mafias, yes?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2015, 02:37:07 pm »

Those are the ones, yes.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2015, 02:45:09 pm »

Mmk, thought so.

roo: Interesting.  Pray tell, what site did you come from?

Our meta is all screwed up, to be quite frank, but I don't have the energy to write up a post of everything that is wrong with it.  It's why I like having power roles, except useless power roles because those suck.  The town probably will lose this unless it gets incredibly lucky, to be quite frank.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2015, 03:33:46 pm »

Hey Cheese.

On your behalf, I'm going to post something:

DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS??!?!?!?!

IT'S TIME FOR THE WEEKEND INACTIVITY ANGST!

Because nobody is ever on when it's the weekend!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2015, 05:28:51 pm »

Or maybe they're all on and it's just awkward to talk because no one expects them to. Unvote, by the way.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2015, 05:58:24 pm »

Peradon: How many games have you played, which was your favorite game, and why was it your favorite game?
This is my 4th game, and I lost all of those, so I dont have too much experience. I'm sticking to it though, because I AM GOING TO WIN SOMETIME! My favorite game would be the CYOM, even though I died D1, mainly because of it being my first game that had full on craziness.

I promise you tho deep down I'm a complete ass :p.
This is good to know...........

The town probably will lose this unless it gets incredibly lucky, to be quite frank.
Mask: Why the pessimism? Do you always feel like this when playing mafia?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2015, 06:08:28 pm »

why the pessimism... that is a very good question.  A mixture of IRL and game things.  While the setup has been significantly fixed from the one that caused a D3 scum and thired party win by lynching the last townie (and for reference, a scum was lynched D1), I'm still reading a heavilly scumsided setup.  And given my experiences with scumhunting, I doubt the town will have much success in lynching scum.  Then, the town is forced to rely on its power roles, and that.... Yeah no, the power roles aren't going to be much use unless we have a Guardsman.

Interesting... It's your fourth game.  Good to know... I went on a winning streak in my first few games, but streaks tend to even out over time, plus the last game was lost to cheese (not mastahcheese, system cheese) so it's not as important in the grand scheme of things.

In general, don't get too discouraged about the way we act, most of us are nice people who can get overly aggressive when getting into mafia.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2015, 06:26:14 pm »

4maskwolfie
mastahcheese: Pick two players who you believe would make the strongest scumteam out of those people present.
Well, first off, you, because of you being the driving force behind the last GBU game's scum win (I mostly say on the sidelines, and followed your orders)
The other person would be harder to say, really. There are pros and cons to each choice.
Who would you like to most have as a scumbuddy?

Hey Cheese.

On your behalf, I'm going to post something:

DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS??!?!?!?!

IT'S TIME FOR THE WEEKEND INACTIVITY ANGST!

Because nobody is ever on when it's the weekend!
Thank you. :P

In general, don't get too discouraged about the way we act, most of us are nice people who can get overly aggressive when getting into mafia.
Understatement of the year.

Unvote

This vote requirement is going to take getting used to.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33