Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73388 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2015, 05:42:58 pm »

Peradon and origamiscienceguy: Are you going to answer his intended question or are you just going to nitpick?
I'm fairly certain I did answer the question.
Oh ok. I would say the guardsman and the captain then. Guardsman because the Jailkeeper is a really powerful role anyway, and the captain because a rolecop is always handy. General is pretty useless, because it basically means that he gets two votes that one time, then dies because everyone knows who he is, and the Private is just dangerous, unless you know what you are doing.
I then revised my answer based on what Persus said.
Oh, in that case the Captain is pretty useless. I would go with Guardsman and Private then instead.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2015, 05:50:28 pm »

Everybody,
of the three third-party roles, which sounds the most fun to you?

Probably the Bad, like everyone else. Randomly killing folk without hurting your own winning prospects sounds fun!

Everyone: If you were the Bad, would it be wiser to try to hunt down the Good/Ugly, or just try to live to the end and win with the town/scum? Why?

It would be wiser to just try to live until the end, because it's easier. Wouldn't be very fun though.

This role is probably anti-lurker, because the Good and the Ugly have no real reason (beyond 48 hour voting) to take part in the game.

hector13: As the Ugly, who would you want as the Good? Why?

Someone who wouldn't draw attention to themselves, really.

Not sure I would necessarily choose anyone from this game because I've not played with them much  and thus don't know much of their playstyles, but I'd want someone who doesn't draw attention to themselves as they're unlikely to get lynched. If the Confederates are trying to keep the game in a low-information state, it might work against me, but they would still have a 1 in 10 shot of hitting that one player.

I wouldn't choose Shamrock or 4mask though, the games I played with them they were... prominent.

Everyone: Which of the two possible town power roles seems the most useful to you?

In terms of use, Guardsman is best I think. Captain is next, even if there are 2 false-positives in getting Confederate roles, but knowing that any particular player is Union is incredibly useful so you know who not to vote for.

The General and Angry Private are more... niche I s'pose is how I'd describe it. The General would last one day after revealing themselves, so would only really be useful toward the end of the game, and suffers from the same problem as the Angry Private; namely, it falls on the player to correctly guess who is Confederate in order for them to be useful to town.

Everyone:1. Would any of the third parties merit a policy-lynch if you found out who they were?
2.Should the scum be lynched before a scum-sided Bad or should it be the other way around?
3.If you were town, would you try to help the Good/Ugly, the Bad, or neither?

1. No, not part of the win-con
2. Yes, they are part of the win-con
3. See 1.

I don't like these questions TDS, you seem to be encouraging town not to vote for the scum. Why is that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2015, 05:58:00 pm »

I didnt see these questions...

Everyone: Would any of the third parties merit a policy-lynch if you found out who they were?
Should the scum be lynched before a scum-sided Bad or should it be the other way around?
If you were town, would you try to help the Good/Ugly, the Bad, or neither?
The Bad would merit a policy lynch in my opinion. A 3rd party killing role is more likely to kill town than anything else, and we dont lose anything if he is killed anyway.

That all depends on the situation. If we have a confirmed mafia and a confirmed bad, go for the mafia.

I would help neither, because helping them benefits no one.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2015, 06:33:20 pm »

Everyone: Would any of the third parties merit a policy-lynch if you found out who they were?
Should the scum be lynched before a scum-sided Bad or should it be the other way around?
If you were town, would you try to help the Good/Ugly, the Bad, or neither?
I don't see much point in lynching the Good and lynching the Ugly would take two days and wouldn't bring us any closer to eliminating the scum, so it'd be a waste of time. The Bad might be worth lynching, since them siding with scum is a risk, but I think it'd depend on the player and wouldn't really be a policy lynch then.

Lynching scum should be the priority. Unless my maths is off, lynching a scum and leaving them with the two night kills would put them at the same distance to their wincon as lynching the Bad and leaving two scum alive, whereas it puts the town a lot closer to victory.

The GBU's problems are no concern of mine. They can do their thing and I'll try to find scum.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2015, 06:37:35 pm »

Peradon: I posted that without reading the thread, I had just read some of my email notification and gave up after a while because you all post so much.

*grumble

Screw it, I'll get back to this later, too many posts.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2015, 07:06:50 pm »

OrigamiSG
for dying on me without catching any scum last game.

Now to read the epic bread (thread).
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2015, 07:27:33 pm »

roo: From our earlier BM, we found out you are from a different Mafia community. What community is that, and how much experience do you have with mafia?

quote snipping is hard on the phone, why do you do this to me? Hmmm I found that rqs isn't a very good way to get a game going: It benefits mafia by generating non-content, does not motivate players to get in the mood or swing of the game. I would prefer RVS to rqs. Granted they are necessary evils (they because this place is using rqs. Your votes can be semi serious as well and you can ask things that aren't necessarily random and can start moving the game out of rvs. Experience? Well Theory a lot practice Ive been out of the game for awhile. The forum I played on no longer exists. I play sometimes on IRC tho. You might have noticed that I sometimes post blocs You'll see longer and longer posts as the game goes on.
Or not it's cool.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2015, 07:40:35 pm »

OrigamiSG

I was killed by scum night 1. And I couldn't catch scum because you were basically asking to be lynched. I don't want to have a conversation about another game, so please ask me a question that is beneficial to starting a conversation.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2015, 07:46:19 pm »

DS: if we don't have any way to determine which of them they are, leave them alone. Otherwise it's a one in three chance that one of us will end up dead instead, which doesn't seem like good odds to me.
DA: I find it pretty curious that you said "we don't", as if stating something that is, rather than "we didn't", meaning a hypothetical situation. Why is that?

This seems unnecessarily nitpicky. Normally I wouldn't mind but you voted him and this looks like an excuse to keep your vote on him. And your line of thought is severely undercut by the "if" in front of "we don't". Seems unusual for someone being nitpicky to blatantly forget a word in from of the words he's focusing on.
Deathsword
Caught scum D1 last game Caught scum d1 here.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2015, 07:51:46 pm »

OrigamiSG

I was killed by scum night 1. And I couldn't catch scum because you were basically asking to be lynched. I don't want to have a conversation about another game, so please ask me a question that is beneficial to starting a conversation.
Google is your friend. Don't know if you are unfamiliar with the concept of random voting stage or if you are trying to start something here. Why did you take offense to it? Did you think I have short term memory loss and don't remember that I know you died n1? Did you not notice my scintillating wit? Seriously tho that tone seemed very unnecessary. slight fos.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2015, 07:52:46 pm »

or am I being overly sensitive osg?
Or not it's cool.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2015, 08:09:20 pm »

Mastahcheese: When, in your opinion, would be the best time to try a gambit as town, and why?
Eh, I don't feel I can really answer this, due to the fact that gambits are waaaay too individual in nature to just give a catch-all answer.
It's too dependent on the situation, so I'll just say "When the situation warrants it, and the rewards outweigh the risks."
Do you disagree?

Everyone: Which of the two possible town power roles seems the most useful to you?
Angry Private cause lol vig kills, and the Captain for the often underestimated power of being a massive scum magnet.
Honestly, Captain would be freakin' great in the hands of gambit-heavy players like 4mask, because of the uniqueness of the power.

Everyone: [1] Would any of the third parties merit a policy-lynch if you found out who they were?
[2] Should the scum be lynched before a scum-sided Bad or should it be the other way around?
[3] If you were town, would you try to help the Good/Ugly, the Bad, or neither?

[1] Not really? The real threat is scum. Not saying we should ignore third parties, but they aren't the main threat.
[2] Lynch scum first. Always. You can potentially reason with the Bad.
[3] I'd try to lynch scum, and if the third parties help, that's great. Do I detect the faintest of scum slips in your wording?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2015, 09:37:33 pm »

Everyone:1. Would any of the third parties merit a policy-lynch if you found out who they were?
2.Should the scum be lynched before a scum-sided Bad or should it be the other way around?
3.If you were town, would you try to help the Good/Ugly, the Bad, or neither?

1. No, not part of the win-con
2. Yes, they are part of the win-con
3. See 1.

I don't like these questions TDS, you seem to be encouraging town not to vote for the scum. Why is that?

Why do you think I'm encouraging people to not vote for scum? Why are you so worried about third-parties being lynched?

[3] If you were town, would you try to help the Good/Ugly, the Bad, or neither?

[3] I'd try to lynch scum, and if the third parties help, that's great. Do I detect the faintest of scum slips in your wording?

I guess it's not the best wording, but I specified that the question should be answered from a town perspective rather than a scum/third-party one (which would attract different responses).
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2015, 09:42:18 pm »

He was answering from a townie perspective. It is not part of the wincon to lynch the GBU.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2015, 09:53:49 pm »

He was answering from a townie perspective. It is not part of the wincon to lynch the GBU.
Defense of Hector noted.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33