Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 55466 times)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: Fight club
« Reply #345 on: August 03, 2015, 03:36:36 pm »

And i proceed on rolling a 1 and fucking everything up :c

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 03, 2015, 05:21:25 pm »

Jim gets up and dusts himself off, his face showing bitter anger.
This is a travesty!  These people have no respect for up and coming medical professionals!  This kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated in a civilized society!

Suddenly a thought struck Jim's mind.

Hm, if they are so hostile to heroic people, then perhaps....they might be villainous!  Of course!  That would explain why they couldn't tolerate my presence.  They're probably worried that I'll figure out their evil plans.  Well, I know how to stop their villainy!

Find a phone and call the police, the FBI, the military, and any other crime-fighting groups that I know of.  Tell them that I discovered an evil group is plotting terror at the local convention center.  Be sure to describe how I was mistreated, despite being nothing more than a pure-hearted and merciful man of medicine.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 03, 2015, 07:36:46 pm »

Tell her that's fine, and she doesn't need to be my sidekick. Then run off, in search of people to save.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 03, 2015, 09:38:45 pm »

Carve the portal to LaoZi in the factory. Look through the book for spirits or beings of combat, battle, and/or tactics, regardless of rank, then Google all of them. Go through the doorway and ask LaoZi about them as well.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 04, 2015, 10:52:24 am »

Shotgun his head. Shotgun the woman's head. Kidnap the child and make him a proud American.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 04, 2015, 07:30:53 pm »

"SURE, I DON'T THINK I'VE EATEN SINCE BEFORE I GOT SERUMED UP SO I'LL GRAB SOMETHING TOO. ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR?"

Head to whatever place sells what he asks for. If he asks for something this town doesn't have just head to a burger place and order for him.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: Invasion
« Reply #351 on: August 08, 2015, 05:57:34 pm »

GET IN THERE

AND BY GET IN THERE I MEAN turn around him so that i am facing his head and punch him there b]
[5] yup. You sit down on his chest before he can really get his shit together and just start pummeling his face. Once the eyes are swollen, nose broken and most of the front teeth are gone you stand back up. The Khan is just gurling on the ground, and nobody is saying something. It seems everyone is waiting for the next person to speak first.

Well, I guess I never have to use the stove anymore. What would this superpower be useful for, anyway? It's not like I can just...

I will be the world's first vigilante. Why leave this damn city if I can just clean it up instead?

Put on dry clothes. Put on a coat with a high collar and turn the collar up to cover my face. Put on a fedora and have it cover my eyes. Roll up my sleeves. Then go outside, into the night!
You put on your trusty coat and hat, popping the collar for maximum mysteriousness. You roll up the sleeves and exit into the next. You are the vengeance, you are the night, you are...George!

Jim gets up and dusts himself off, his face showing bitter anger.
This is a travesty!  These people have no respect for up and coming medical professionals!  This kind of behavior shouldn't be tolerated in a civilized society!

Suddenly a thought struck Jim's mind.

Hm, if they are so hostile to heroic people, then perhaps....they might be villainous!  Of course!  That would explain why they couldn't tolerate my presence.  They're probably worried that I'll figure out their evil plans.  Well, I know how to stop their villainy!

Find a phone and call the police, the FBI, the military, and any other crime-fighting groups that I know of.  Tell them that I discovered an evil group is plotting terror at the local convention center.  Be sure to describe how I was mistreated, despite being nothing more than a pure-hearted and merciful man of medicine.
You call both the local cops and the council special constabulary, but neither of them actually listen to what you have to say. You call up a small crime fighting firm, a merc company called Hercules Inc. The woman on the phone seems to note down what you've said and she says they will monitor this group and take action should the situation develop. She thanks you for your vigilance, citizen.

Tell her that's fine, and she doesn't need to be my sidekick. Then run off, in search of people to save.
YOu tell her that's fine and do a runner before the girl can actually respond. You stop running when you're on the opposite end of the park and look for people to save. Things seem pretty quiet, but a small crowd has formed near the lake. Seems like something interesting is going on there.

Carve the portal to LaoZi in the factory. Look through the book for spirits or beings of combat, battle, and/or tactics, regardless of rank, then Google all of them. Go through the doorway and ask LaoZi about them as well.
That's, uh, that's a lot of spirits. I'm just gonna give you a two for each category. I assume you can put the names into wikipedia yourself? If none of these catch your eye, send me a pm so we can get the "look up names" stuff done faster.

C: Valkyrie, Oni
D: Guan Yu, Oda Nobunaga
!: Odin, Horus

LaoZi can only tell you about Guan Yu. He doesn't say much more than the wikipedia page tells you, just that he's a bit stuck up but reliable as a rock.

Shotgun his head. Shotgun the woman's head. Kidnap the child and make him a proud American.
Well well well. So, two heads that resemble smashed and burned watermelons later and you find yourself trying to drag the kid with you to make a proud American of him. The kid is truggling, crying about his mother and trying to get free of your grasp and get to the body of the woman. You can hear police sirens in the distance.

"SURE, I DON'T THINK I'VE EATEN SINCE BEFORE I GOT SERUMED UP SO I'LL GRAB SOMETHING TOO. ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR?"

Head to whatever place sells what he asks for. If he asks for something this town doesn't have just head to a burger place and order for him.
"Oh no, I'm just rather hungry. Anything that will fill me up is fine."

You take him to the nearest burger joint and order up. Magnus orders a large fry, cheeseburger, bacon burger, chicken nuggets, onion rings and a salad. You can only look in morbid fascination as he to steadily and effortlessly eats all of it.

"So yeah, I promised you the secrets, right? Basically, I've been spending my afternoon jumping from dimension to dimension trying to pinpoint a certain gateway residue. Back in the land of whatever, I forgot the name, there's these two powers, see? There's a conglomerate fo kingdoms: humans, dwarves, lizardfolk and such. Then there's this emperor. He allies with the dragons and the demons of the land to take over the rest of their world. Only he gets fought to a standstill each time. So, he's going to make this big portal and invade another, weaker dimension and use the resources from said dimension to finally conquer the kingdoms." He gobbles up the entire bacon burger before continueing. "I can feel my arteries clogging up, this stuff is great. Anyway, still following so far? Well, congratulations, I found some of the residue right here in this city. Looks like you're going to be invaded soon. Or it might have already happened. Exciting, isn't it. I sure hope you've got a lot of heroes. Or a large army."

------------------
In the background of the restaurant a tv is playing the news. In the street, George can hear the same news broadcast from a radio at a nearby construction site.

"Reports are pouring in of strange sightings around megacity 15. Violent attacks and sightings of bizarre creatures are happening all over the city. Citizens are advized to stay indoors.

This just in! Trouble is brewing in the european union. Our sources say that the entirety of london and its surrounding lands have gone dark! We go live to our correspondent in Paris for more..."

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 08, 2015, 06:06:39 pm »

"K now gib me gurl pls thx

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 08, 2015, 06:27:59 pm »

"DAMN, SO WE NEED HEROES, AND FAST..."

Stand up and shout to everyone in the restaurant

"ANYONE WILLING TO HELP FIGHT OFF A DRAGON/DEMON INCURSION IF I CAN GET WEAPONS?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 08, 2015, 06:40:53 pm »

"K now gib me gurl pls thx
The two colours of spandex immediatly start bickering.

"He has defeated the Khan, he will bear the mantle anew!" Says one in green

"Have you heard how he speaks? The kid is clearly a complete retard! I will not allow him to lead us!" Says a red guy.

Do not pass start, do not collect 200 dollars. Instead, fight 6 red spandex dudes while being backed up by 2 green spadex guys.

"DAMN, SO WE NEED HEROES, AND FAST..."

Stand up and shout to everyone in the restaurant

"ANYONE WILLING TO HELP FIGHT OFF A DRAGON/DEMON INCURSION IF I CAN GET WEAPONS?"
People stop eating for a bit, before awkwardly mumbling to eachother and continueing on. Only a frail looking old man comes up to you.

"Eh, wassat about demons? You don't know nothing about demons, sonny jim. Why I still remember Iwo Jima, now that was a demonic place if I ever saw one!"

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 08, 2015, 07:37:20 pm »

Ahhh, it's good to be appreciated.

Absentmindedly walk down the street with my guard down, while smiling proudly.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 08, 2015, 08:03:12 pm »

"AH, YOU'VE SEEN DEMONS BEFORE! EXCELLENT, HOW DO WE BEAT THEM?"

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 08, 2015, 08:11:38 pm »

Find out what the commotion is.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 08, 2015, 10:40:11 pm »

Look for crime in these crime-ridden, filthy streets!

Time take out the trash.

I probably look quite dopey in this attire. Hopefully a little mysterious.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:46:27 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 08, 2015, 10:40:49 pm »

((Guan Yu all the way. I wonder if I can incorporate the Green Dragon Crescent Blade into the suit. Also, seems like the book is categorized by Spirits, Creatures, Deities, and the ! is the chief deity of the pantheon. Hey wait, what category is Liu Bei under?))

Look up the ritual for Guan Yu. If it isn't too complex, try it. If it succeeds, there will be talking.

If the ritual works:
"Guan Sheng Di Jun, The General that Rocks Bandits, Liu Bei's most loyal and righteous general. Truly, it is an honor to be in your presence."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33