Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167228 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #720 on: July 12, 2016, 12:28:07 pm »

blatant ripoff of soldier 76, how did they think they could get away with this??
Black lives matter.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 12, 2016, 12:54:46 pm »

OH BOY

Ana Gameplay Trailer
Ana Origins Trailer

Thank god we're getting another healer. Seems like a lot of fun too. Interesting kit. Definitely gonna give her a try.

Neato.  I'm terrible at sniping so I probably won't be very good at her. 

The things I noticed though:

1)  Heal Shot:  Shown healing Pharah.
2)  Boost Shot:  Shown boosting Reinhardt
3)  Anti-Heal mark:  She tossed something at roadhog and he couldn't heal.
4)  Tranq gun:  Poor McCree.  Poor all of us.
5)  Poison Shot:  RIP Widowmaker.

200 HP and maybe no mobility skill?

Edit:  Apparently the boost shot is her ultimate.

Ana's own ultimate, Nano Boost, sees her fire a dart at an ally and grant them faster movement, increased damage and improved resistance to incoming attacks.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:58:36 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 12, 2016, 12:57:26 pm »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 12, 2016, 01:01:13 pm »

Also, balance changes.

One hero limit in Competitive.

Zen will be getting 50 more shields (for a total of 200hp i guess?), ult will heal 300 instead of 200, and he'll move

D.Va's Defense Field, instead of clicking it and it lasting three or four seconds and having a long cooldown, it's now something where you can toggle it on and off and there's a meter that runs that. 1 sec cooldown, apparently.

Mercy is ALSO being changed: She can now move while she ults, ult charge is being slowed down, damage boost on right click being increased

-

Those weren't the Zen changes I was hoping for at all. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Oh wow really?  I'm kinda surprised at the one hero limit thing, that is quite the reversal from how they were talking before.  Probably for the best though.  Pretty neat.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 12, 2016, 01:30:10 pm »

The blizzard PR strategy seems to amount to publicly insisting that their games are divine perfection immaculately crafted in the image of Gabe's own buttocks, and then abruptly capitulating to the first sternly worded grumbling they find scribbled in a public restroom stall (once the marketing and sales departments lower the kalashnikovs aimed at their heads and the Inner Party approves the latest twitter message).

More seriously, have they added stopwatch for A/D competitive yet, or are they still considering attackers and defenders equal?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 12, 2016, 01:38:57 pm »

Patch notes for the PTR:  https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20178523#patchnotes

A fair bit of changes!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 12, 2016, 02:06:45 pm »

Glad to see the changes to Zenyatta. He was way too squishy, and the added mobility on his ult should make it a bit more practical.

Zenyatta is already basically a sniper with hybrid damage/healing, making Ana feel a bit redundant. I was hoping the new healer would be a tank/healer variant. Also, a sniper with no mobility skills feels like a bad idea. You don't want to be staring down a scope while standing in the middle of a street, just begging enemy flankers to come gank you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 12, 2016, 02:16:26 pm »

Now, instead of being annoyed that you aren't good enough to hit your enemies, you can be frustrated that your team is braindead and keeps dodging your healshots :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 12, 2016, 02:36:55 pm »

So we're getting a healer with a ranged stun?  What?

Guess McCree is now comprehensively useless.

Edit: To be clear, I haven't played yet.  Is the new hero actually in the game?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 12, 2016, 03:31:30 pm »

YES. we need more non-ultimate crowd control. (I hate genji & tracer so much)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 12, 2016, 04:14:19 pm »

I think adding ranged flashbangs into the game is a terrible idea, but I'm willing to wait and see.  I do like the stealth nerf to Lucio that an anti-heal grenade represents.

Its kind of funny how her ult seems to be having *someone else* go godmode.  Now we can upgrade "you pressed Q to get POTG" to "your support pressed Q to give you POTG."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 12, 2016, 04:30:52 pm »

I think adding ranged flashbangs into the game is a terrible idea, but I'm willing to wait and see.  I do like the stealth nerf to Lucio that an anti-heal grenade represents.

Its kind of funny how her ult seems to be having *someone else* go godmode.  Now we can upgrade "you pressed Q to get POTG" to "your support pressed Q to give you POTG."

oh god no it just occurred to me. genji's ult will be absolutely stupid strong now (with Ana), as if it wasn't already stupid.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 12, 2016, 04:46:16 pm »

Soon, Reaper will complete his dream of becoming a beyblade.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 12, 2016, 05:13:56 pm »

oh god no it just occurred to me. genji's ult will be absolutely stupid strong now (with Ana), as if it wasn't already stupid.

Genji's ult is right up there with D'va as being ridiculously deadly against enemies who don't know to listen for it and move out of the way, and ridiculously useless against enemies who do know to move out of the way.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 12, 2016, 05:27:45 pm »

YES. we need more non-ultimate crowd control. (I hate genji & tracer so much)
There's a short delay between pressing E and firing, it's a single projectile that effects one target, has a 12 second cooldown, and if the enemy takes damage they get back up. Does that even count as crowd control?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 107