Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167227 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #750 on: July 21, 2016, 04:21:24 pm »

I really don't see the point of buffing Symmetra -- she's really fragile and her gun has two modes: Long range, can't hit, and easy hit, no range.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 21, 2016, 04:27:34 pm »

The main issue I have with Ana is people ADADADADing when I'm trying to heal them, even if they're in cover and no enemies are shooting at them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 21, 2016, 04:37:35 pm »

I really don't see the point of buffing Symmetra -- she's really fragile and her gun has two modes: Long range, can't hit, and easy hit, no range.
Because she can go ham with the laser, is the short answer.  Unbuffed, it can get up to like 120 DPS I believe.  Which isn't amazing, but the extra speed and durability helps her dodge around and be annoying (she doesn't really have to aim) more than it would help out, say, a 76 or a junkrat.  Even tho in general those characters have better damage.

I dunno, I've never played with a Symmetra that goes ham on purpose.  Usually they go in as a desperation move and are surprised when it works.

Edit: I couldn't tell if Ana's dart gun was hitscan or not.  Apparently its hitscan only when scoped.  That... explains a lot.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 04:41:19 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 21, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »

Symmetra's M1 is absolute cancer if she's in range, it's a hard counter to every single fast, low-health hero, especially if there are turrets around. Most Symm PotGs you see are just her running around holding down M1 as the beam skips from target to target after kills. IIRC her M2 goes right through Rein shields and does great damage fully charged, so she's good for bombarding chokes as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 21, 2016, 05:02:36 pm »

EnigmaticHat => Ana's heal per second is higher than Mercy's.

Mercy heals 50 HP per second.
Ana heals 75 HP per hit, and can fire once per second. She has to reload every 8 rounds, but if you hit with every one of them, it's still a positive for Ana.
And she has the Heal Grenade that can heal multiple allies at the same time (and help you heal your tank faster).
(but yes, she can't revive her allies :p )

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 21, 2016, 05:04:23 pm »

Don't discount the value of the fact that those heals are burst, rather than over time.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 21, 2016, 05:05:55 pm »

Ana needs line of sight, though.
Mercy does too, but she actually moves with the target. :P
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 21, 2016, 05:29:21 pm »

EnigmaticHat => Ana's heal per second is higher than Mercy's.

Mercy heals 50 HP per second.
Ana heals 75 HP per hit, and can fire once per second. She has to reload every 8 rounds, but if you hit with every one of them, it's still a positive for Ana.
And she has the Heal Grenade that can heal multiple allies at the same time (and help you heal your tank faster).
(but yes, she can't revive her allies :p )
And no damage boost.

Still, that would explain why people are so happy when I heal them as Ana.  I never seem to get those 7k+ cards, but maybe that's too much of a standard to hold myself to.  I damn well don't hit every shot on allies, not yet at least.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 21, 2016, 05:33:28 pm »

If you have a Reinhart or a Roadhog as your tank, it's easy to stay at "Mercy distance" (2-4m behind) and hit them with every dart, just checking your other allies when they need some. It's particularly effective with a Roadhog, as he won't have a shield, so you build your ulti-meter quickly :p

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 21, 2016, 05:49:43 pm »

Sadly, the current "meta" is people trying out heroes that were changed in the patch, so rando Reinhardt isn't around much at the moment.  And when I do have Roadhogs they're constantly backing off to heal themselves even while actively getting syringes stuck in them.  I do play Reinhardt tho and I can attest that nano boosted Reinhardt is absolutely ridiculous.  I really do think that while Ana seems decent at the moment she'll just get better and better compared to the other healers at higher levels of play.  Everything she has requires both personal skill and cooperation from her team.  Except the grenade, the grenade is just plain good at every level of play.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 21, 2016, 09:43:49 pm »

I bought a Logitech G602 gaming mouse today to replace my trackball.  So my aiming has gone to shit, but I know it'll get better soon.   :P  I can at least turn nice and smooth now.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 21, 2016, 11:58:16 pm »

So as someone who's just started, I already bloody hate Bastion. I know that sentry form is a "first order optimal strategy", and that Genji is meant to deflect it to counter the hell out of him, but Bastion has this wonderful thing where if he sees the deflection start up, he can stop firing. Genji's wasted a cooldown, and Bastion's free to continue firing.

The easiest thing i can think Bastion is like is like Heavy from TF2 if he was using a Brass Beast with all crits, all the time. We even had a match where I was tracer and we had some other teammate there, and a bastion transformed right in front of us. We killed it nearly instantly, but it still killed the other team mate!

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #762 on: July 22, 2016, 12:37:56 am »

Genji is not really a good Bastion counter if the bastion is actually good!

I recommend pharah, don't fly just keep peekin' and shootin'

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 22, 2016, 12:51:36 am »

Hook him as roadhog if you can get close enough

Literally drag him out of sentry form.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 22, 2016, 01:42:04 am »

Genji is an OK counter.  Human reflexes dictate that Genji can always theoretically get a good chunk of damage on Bastion (who has a large hitbox and is completely stationary, an ideal target for himself), so it turns into an I-know-you-know kinda thing.  You basically want to just spam M1 and use the threat of your reflect to limit what he can do.  And of course make sure you're always less than 2 seconds away from safety.

Even better, anyone who can shoot in a straight line hard counters bastion.  Pharah, Hanzo, Widowmaker, 76, even Zenyatta and Mei.  Literally just grab a corner, peek it, and shoot at him.  Most characters have trouble getting enough damage together to kill Bastion quickly at a distance, but in a good team you won't be the only one shooting at him.  Many ults will completely destroy Bastion as he can't dodge.  He's not a very good character, he's more of a trap for new players or a surprise pick.  With the people I get matched with I see him maybe once every... 5-10 games?  And he's usually picked by one of the lowest ranked people in the match.  He can get some stuff done with Reinhardt + Mercy support but, ah, so can most characters.

The new update is a hilarious stealth nerf to Bastion.  Ana can de-sentry him whenever she wants, D'va can prevent him from shooting 36% of the time while leaving her allies totally free to shoot at him.  Even Zenyatta is now markedly more effective against Bastion.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 107