Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48728 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Hull 101
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2015, 02:40:16 pm »

If we are not going to send out a message of peace/ceasefire then it might be best to just start war. Seeing as they have such low tech even a primitive missile unit would work, we would hardly need to use to many advance matrials to manufacture a small missile launching robot.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2015, 02:41:07 pm »

Why would we need to go to war, anyway?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 17, 2015, 02:43:52 pm »

well CCC is stupid, does not understand the situation, and the soldiers are going to be hostile now. Let's just find a small town and harvest everything in it, yes that includes organics.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #138 on: March 17, 2015, 02:47:40 pm »

What was the primary core, singularity in a can? Jegus.

((Cool game by the way. ))
I have no idea what it is to be honest with you. It is a piece of Dynasty technology to which I have the schematics for construction but I have no grasp of the science or underlying physics as I am functionally an engineering program, not a science program. Much like you do not need to understand combustion to set a fire, I do not need to understand the primary core to build and utilize it.

((And thanks, glad you guys are enjoying it.))

If we are not going to send out a message of peace/ceasefire then it might be best to just start war. Seeing as they have such low tech even a primitive missile unit would work, we would hardly need to use to many advance matrials to manufacture a small missile launching robot.
If you are considering using the HVK-Hammer munition, I feel obliged to note that the yield of such a device is in excess of 50 million Megaton. Use of the HVK-Hammer munition would cause widespread loss of life and mass extinctions on this world. It is primarily intended for strategic bombardment of unassailable targets to neutralize them rather than take control of them.

Normal Hull 101 compliment of HVK-Hammer munitions: 12

well CCC is stupid, does not understand the situation, and the soldiers are going to be hostile now. Let's just find a small town and harvest everything in it, yes that includes organics.
CCC is not stupid in the traditional sense. It is just very simple. It has a very limited set of responses to given situations and anything outside of those situations it attempts to match as closely as possible to know responses, or hand off to subsentients for processing.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 17, 2015, 02:51:16 pm »

The point remains, HARVEST THE TOWNS

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2015, 02:59:37 pm »

The point remains, HARVEST THE TOWNS

-1 we won't really be able to build all this stuff easily on our own, so we need to make contact with a side in this civil war and offer services in exchange for tech boost and repairs.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2015, 03:00:49 pm »

>While they can't do much against us there ain't point to make them try with any greater effort. I oppose the idea of harvesting more organics.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2015, 03:04:02 pm »

We have already established that weapons used by locals are inferior to the point of irrelevance.
We do not need to take sides.
In fact, we may gain from not doing so.
Send demands of surrender and tribute to both sides.
Temporary objectives updated:

*Contact the locals.
*Obtain information of global production capabilities.

Long term objectives created:

*Find out curent status of the Dynasty.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2015, 03:06:21 pm »

We have already established that weapons used by locals are inferior to the point of irrelevance.
We do not need to take sides.
In fact, we may gain from not doing so.
Send demands of surrender and tribute to both sides.
Temporary objectives updated:

*Contact the locals.
*Obtain information of global production capabilities.

Long term objectives created:

*Find out curent status of the Dynasty.

Yes! And then if they will not submit to us....hehehehe.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2015, 03:06:49 pm »

Cogitation is suspended by a priority alert:

//Warning//
Dimensional event in progress...
//Warning//

CCC assumes control. Cognition resources suspended.

--CCC ONLINE--
ACTIVE SENSORS ENGAGED

SCANNING.... DIMENSIONAL EVENT DETECTED
FTL EXIT DETECTED IN LOCAL SOLAR SYSTEM
SPACE/TIME WARP COEFFICIENT 0.992
DISTORTION INDICATES FLEET MASS APPROX. 183 MILLION TON
ALERT
ALERT
THREAT DETECTED
TARGETING SYSTEMS ENGAGE
THREAT DETECTED
TARGETING SYSTEMS ENGAGE
INCOMING FIRE...BRACE - INITIATE DAMAGE CONTROL

The external sensors shut down as defensive subroutines spring into action nanoseconds before impact. External hatches seal, drones seek cover, alloy plates snap shut.

Hull 101 shakes and then is lifted clear of the ground as impacts rain down around it. Minor damage is reported on several tertiary subsystems, repairs already initiated.

HULL SURVIVAL THREATENED. INITIATE RETURN FIRE

ERROR - SYSTEMS DAMAGE DETECTED

Hatches have opened all along the top of Hull 101 and weapon barrels are tracking smoothly across the sky, trying in vain to annihilate the fleet in orbit.

UNABLE TO COMPLY - G2O WEAPONRY INOP
INITIATE FORTIFICATION

Something strange happens to Hull 101's treads as the powertrain rotates and reconfigures and then engages using the entire output of the restored secondary power system. In an instant Hull 101 is buried under a half million tons of dirt and stone as the massive machine begins to burrow down into the ground to avoid further orbital strikes. By the time CCC restores CognOS all external sensors are dark and the reported position is 23 miles from the previously reported position... 23 miles directly down.

COGNITION RESTORED

OBJECTIVE REVISION
1. REPAIR/REARM G2O WEAPONRY
2. DETERMINE HOSTILITY OF ALL LOCAL POLITICAL GROUPS
3. ANNIHILATE ALL HOSTILE POLITICAL GROUPS ON PLANETARY SURFACE

PROCEED WITH OBJECTIVES

---CCC OFFLINE---

CognOS comes online but is a bit stunned and has not yet responded.

>_

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2015, 03:12:36 pm »

What happened to our guns? And what did they shoot us with?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2015, 03:22:25 pm »

First things first, analyse damage sustained with any available sensors. We might be able to work out the type of weapon fired on us based on the type of damage received.

Next, if we have the resources with to facilitate repairs, do so.

Thirdly, move in a lateral direction until we are well out of the blast range of the orbital strike.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2015, 03:27:49 pm »

We were mistaken.
We were detected.
It apears that either locals have abandoned, and thus never developed, proper ground weapons in favor of stelar warfare (Plausability:Unlikely) OR
Locals are under protection by an interstelar power.
It is also possible that fleet belongs to another side of conflict and come as conqerors, targeting us first as most dangerous object on the planet.
Temporary goals updated:

*Atempt contact with that fleet.
*Build G2O weaponry.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2015, 03:31:19 pm »

looks like these fools may not be as barbaric as the collective first believed.....

congOS I would recommend we continue borrowing until we get to a point with lots of resources. then harvest. stone, metal anything.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2015, 03:58:38 pm »

What happened to our guns? And what did they shoot us with?
CCC was either unaware or had forgotten that all primary offensive weaponry is offline due to damage sustained and/or time elapsed. Weaponry has not been a priority repair target up to this point. Our only weapons at this point (other than the strategic kinetic-kill warhead) are the ADPS which are short ranged anti-personnel devices.

First things first, analyse damage sustained with any available sensors. We might be able to work out the type of weapon fired on us based on the type of damage received.

Next, if we have the resources with to facilitate repairs, do so.

Thirdly, move in a lateral direction until we are well out of the blast range of the orbital strike.
1. Damage sustained was minor, all things considered, and has already been corrected. The weapon used appears to have been a variation on the 'rods from god' weapon system wherein inert rods with a ferrous core are dropped from orbit. These must have been in flight for some time prior to impact, so we may not have been the actual target. Perhaps they were intended to destroy the facility instead?
3. Lateral motion engaged.

Hull 101 pivots and begins burrowing laterally through sheer brute force, clawing the rock and dirt aside as it chews onwards slowly. With cognition resources online, CognOS has limited output from the secondary plant but progress is steady.

looks like these fools may not be as barbaric as the collective first believed.....

congOS I would recommend we continue borrowing until we get to a point with lots of resources. then harvest. stone, metal anything.
Possible. Sensors are sweeping for necessary resources to refurbish our ground to orbit weaponry and if such resources are found we will divert to that location. Logistics have been given free reign to exploit mineral deposits along the way and has set to work replenishing fabrication stores.

>_

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44