Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48698 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Hull 101
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2015, 04:02:08 pm »

excellent for now I suggest m just keep going.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2015, 04:02:44 pm »

The other option is, since we're completely amphibious, is to stay under water. Little that they can do to us with a few hundred meters of waters between it and us.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:11:09 pm by 10ebbor10 »

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2015, 04:27:03 pm »

PTW
I PTW anything that seems interesting

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2015, 04:51:15 pm »

Can we have a list of installed G2O weapons, and whether they require resources unattainable from ITL-5 tech for repairs?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2015, 04:55:49 pm »

Can we have a list of installed G2O weapons, and whether they require resources unattainable from ITL-5 tech for repairs?
+1
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2015, 07:10:36 pm »

Asymmetrical warfare advisor Nullius online.

Query: CognOS, possibility of fabricating high-yield hydrogen fusion core?
Query: CognOS, if construction of fusion core is possible, possibility of fabricating Plasma Soliton Furnace?
Assertion: Likelihood of locating replacement for main power system is low, and current output is inadequate for sustained GTO combat.
Assertion: Adding a lower-efficiency, high-output PSF would substantially increase combat capacity in the interim.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:25:16 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2015, 09:12:34 pm »

PTW
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

thedrelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2015, 09:43:23 pm »

While the most recent events may not support this suggestion, it may be logical to operate under the conclusion that the factions we have observed are not directly hostile. As noted, the attack we just survived may not have been for us, and the exchanges we have been involved in already seem to be a result of misunderstanding and our state of disrepair.

I recommend we present this info to CCC and suggest downgrading the 'hostiles' to a 'minor threat'. We should avoid contact with any sentient life until we can identify their relationship to the dynasty. If they have no known connection, then only direct attacks after efforts to avoid and deter should indicate a direct threat, and a need to retaliate.

The intel we dug up only indicates a curiosty on the part of the local faction. They probably want to use hull 101's tech in their war. Dynasty tech must not fall into their hands.

Suggest long term goal: find tech caches, make use of them and destroy everything the hull cannot use. We cannot let dynasty tech fall into anyone else's hands
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:04:45 pm by thedrelle »
*scribble scribble*

Yes?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 18, 2015, 12:44:19 pm »

The Anchorage base was underground, correct? We never did enter that space, but entered the low tech military base above. Determine likelihood of entering Anchorage base. at least build and deploy a scout machine to dig through to it and gather Dynasty resources. Failing this, locate the next nearest Dynasty base besides the one we awoke in and travel there.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #159 on: March 18, 2015, 12:47:00 pm »

>Inventory Combat Systems
>Filter: Orbit-capable munitions

Code: [Select]
Hull 101 strategic weapons compliment in order of least->most capable for orbital target engagement:

4x 200cm direct-fire kinetic accelerator Munition: Unguided Ferrous Slugs
2x 240cm rocket-assist projectile launcher Munition: Guided HHE Projectile
1x HVK-Hammer kinetic kill warhead (VLS) ((All other VLS tubes empty))

Note -- Additional tactical systems not listed under previous query:

15x 20cm direct-fire kinetic accelerator
12x 40cm mortar/artillery
2x 120cm howitzer

These systems, while theoretically orbit-capable with modification//specialized munitions, are not commonly used to engage orbital targets.

Additionally, Hull 101 is capable of reconfiguring to support a single 380cm Siege Cannon which is also capable of engaging orbital targets but firing the siege cannon is (strongly) not recommended while on a planetary surface//in atmosphere

Asymmetrical warfare advisor Nullius online.

Query: CognOS, possibility of fabricating high-yield hydrogen fusion core?
Query: CognOS, if construction of fusion core is possible, possibility of fabricating Plasma Soliton Furnace?
Assertion: Likelihood of locating replacement for main power system is low, and current output is inadequate for sustained GTO combat.
Assertion: Adding a lower-efficiency, high-output PSF would substantially increase combat capacity in the interim.
Intriguing...

Such a device is within current fabrication constraints and, as fuel is plentiful, the lower efficiency would not necessarily impact operations especially if the Furnace were used only for short-burst-high-yield operations.

I have sent the specifications for this device to Logistics and fabrication of the shell will begin using materials gathered as we proceed. If we are forced to use ITL-5 materials for the device then performance will be poor, but if we find another technology cache we will have a viable high yield power source.

While the most recent events may not support this suggestion, it may be logical to operate under the conclusion that the factions we have observed are not directly hostile. As noted, the attack we just survived may not have been for us, and the exchanges we have been involved in already seem to be a result of misunderstanding and our state of disrepair.

I recommend we present this info to CCC and suggest downgrading the 'hostiles' to a 'minor threat'. We should avoid contact with any sentient life until we can identify their relationship to the dynasty. If they have no known connection, then only direct attacks after efforts to avoid and deter should indicate a direct threat, and a need to retaliate.

The intel we dug up only indicates a curiosty on the part of the local faction. They probably want to use hull 101's tech in their war. Dynasty tech must not fall into their hands.

Suggest long term goal: find tech caches, make use of them and destroy everything the hull cannot use. We cannot let dynasty tech fall into anyone else's hands
CCC has assigned/delegated the duties of hostility assignment to Subsentent processes so that will not be a problem. I have flagged the (presumed) FWA fleet as non-hostile (suspected) and low threat. I have flagged the PAL as Hostile but with no threat assessment. CCC will not accept a nonhostile designation of a group which has actively sought our destruction but with no threat assessment they will not be considered for any operational purposes.

Using data from the naval facility EWAR has located information indicating that another technology cache is on a ship 18 miles out from the coast. It appears to be heading north, to a dock/distribution point near the civilian population there. Should we pursue?

Hull 101 continues burrowing, clawing its way through caverns and subsurface aquifers. Every so often a valuable material is detected and harvested using remotes without the Hull slowing appreciably. Behind you is a mess of churned mud and pulverized rock. You have little doubt that your destructive brute-force passage beneath the earth is easily traceable by anyone with seismic sensors.

The Anchorage base was underground, correct? We never did enter that space, but entered the low tech military base above. Determine likelihood of entering Anchorage base. at least build and deploy a scout machine to dig through to it and gather Dynasty resources. Failing this, locate the next nearest Dynasty base besides the one we awoke in and travel there.
Correct, we did not enter the ruins of the anchorage but the subsequent bombardment from orbit likely did significant damage to any intact systems or technology beneath the naval facility. If desired we could return and scavenge the ruins.

The next nearest Dynasty facility on record for this planet is a polar research outpost far to the north.

>_

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 18, 2015, 12:52:09 pm »

We're trying to keep off the radar, so to speak, and raiding a ship in a civilian port might be a little noticeable. CCC would probably demolish the whole damn city.

It's probably best we head to that research station - being on the poles, it might still be undisturbed.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 18, 2015, 01:28:19 pm »

We're trying to keep off the radar, so to speak, and raiding a ship in a civilian port might be a little noticeable. CCC would probably demolish the whole damn city.

It's probably best we head to that research station - being on the poles, it might still be undisturbed.

+1 I agree, it might be a good idea to get into the habit of not approaching the nearest Dynasty Tech Cache, to help confuse observers and keep them guessing as to our motivations.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 18, 2015, 01:36:21 pm »

+1 I agree, it might be a good idea to get into the habit of not approaching the nearest Dynasty Tech Cache, to help confuse observers and keep them guessing as to our motivations.

We should do this! TO THE POLE!

However...congOS can you give an estimate of what could possibly bring down or overthrow the dynasty? And what is the probblity of such a thing happening in our absence?

Something about all this does not feel right, my circuits tremble at the thought that we might not have any allies left... 
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 18, 2015, 02:17:31 pm »

Since the cages are strong enough to survive till now, I will assume they're quite strong. They're also the only thing capable of destroying us, so we should be carefull with them.

I propose we drill into/under the Sea. Prefereable under the ship if we can catch, as near as possible if we're limited to that. Then, we fire our plasma weaponry, creating a giant bubble of boiling steam which rises up towards the ship. This dramatically reduces the water's carrying capacity, causing the ship to literally disappear into the water.

Alternatively, build and fire a few torpedoes.

Since we'll be going North anyway, we can uses this technique to sink ships along the way.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:19:49 pm by 10ebbor10 »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 18, 2015, 05:35:07 pm »

Since the cages are strong enough to survive till now, I will assume they're quite strong. They're also the only thing capable of destroying us, so we should be carefull with them.

I propose we drill into/under the Sea. Prefereable under the ship if we can catch, as near as possible if we're limited to that. Then, we fire our plasma weaponry, creating a giant bubble of boiling steam which rises up towards the ship. This dramatically reduces the water's carrying capacity, causing the ship to literally disappear into the water.

Alternatively, build and fire a few torpedoes.

Since we'll be going North anyway, we can uses this technique to sink ships along the way.

+1, let's try to catch the ship while travelling underwater, but if we can't head to north pole
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44