Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: [FATE] Dept. of ME - A Fallen London/Sunless Sea campaign OOC  (Read 30296 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: [FATE] Dept. of ME - A Fallen London/Sunless Sea campaign (5/6)
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2015, 10:06:21 am »

Alright, removed a lot of the aspects.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2015, 12:06:51 am »

Tiruin - Soldier-Diplomat - Josephine Baptiste
EDITED MY SHEET :D

Now to talk about Phase 2 with Gentleman Buddy!

Yo kuya Sergius! c:
I've been thinking that our characters would've at least met--in part, probably due to my character finding a 'nice' place, or at least an accommodating area for her to find information (and, other than Ladybones Road). The idea of literature and a news-alley seems like a great idea, so Veilgarden is...appropriately where I believe we'd meet?

...Am I doing the phase 2 thing right ._.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 02:26:16 am by Tiruin »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2015, 04:49:10 am »

flameboy99, regarding your phases, you can either choose between finding a pair and adding your character to their story in a way that makes him also the main character somehow, make the two phases standalone for your character that is about his past, or leave them empty and fill them as the story goes on.

Also, Tiruin, prisoner's honey doesn't only make your dream vivid, it literally transport you into your dream. Itms like lucid dreaming except that you don't have godlike powers and there is nowhere you can hide from the piercing eyes of the trees. :P

Also details on stunts please.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 04:51:59 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2015, 07:05:06 pm »

Tiruin - Soldier-Diplomat - Josephine Baptiste
EDITED MY SHEET :D

Now to talk about Phase 2 with Gentleman Buddy!

Yo kuya Sergius! c:
I've been thinking that our  would've at least met--in part, probably due to my character finding a 'nice' place, or at least an accommodating area for her to find information (and, other than Ladybones Road). The idea of literature and a news-alley seems like a great idea, so Veilgarden is...appropriately where I believe we'd meet?

...Am I doing the phase 2 thing right ._.

My understanding is that you will have a story where I'll be a guest or almost cameo, and vice versa. I would consider making my honey-spot story into the second and fill something different as my solo story (probably something more related to gentlemen and courting and having many hats), if you want to 'cameo' with me in the veilgarden. For my cameo, it would make sense to be in a story in your preferred area of operations, does that make sense?

EDIT: If your second story is about adventuring in the Veilgarden I also don't have any problems with cameo-ing in there instead.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 07:20:37 pm by Sergius »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2015, 08:32:01 pm »

Also, Tiruin, prisoner's honey doesn't only make your dream vivid, it literally transport you into your dream. Itms like lucid dreaming except that you don't have godlike powers and there is nowhere you can hide from the piercing eyes of the trees. :P

Also details on stunts please.
Oop o__o
The details are all in the manual ;3
(By which I mean: Under subsections of the skills: Notice, Shoot, Athletics, Empathy)
Though! A thorough re-read of the book got me into rethinking some bits there. Because I saw that all my aspects were personality-wise, which meant lacking interaction with the game-world.

Also yer doing top-down narrative huh :O
Please have mercy on the Fallen London newbies! (like me)

My understanding is that you will have a story where I'll be a guest or almost cameo, and vice versa. I would consider making my honey-spot story into the second and fill something different as my solo story (probably something more related to gentlemen and courting and having many hats), if you want to 'cameo' with me in the veilgarden. For my cameo, it would make sense to be in a story in your preferred area of operations, does that make sense?

EDIT: If your second story is about adventuring in the Veilgarden I also don't have any problems with cameo-ing in there instead.
Honestly, I didn't...really get phase 2 correctly. It came off to me (phase 2 & 3) as 'you meet one of the other PCs in a scenario! Tell thy tale!'

Well, given that I see Veilgarden as the most benign of all places for a newbie-commoner to head into Fallen London (I mean, seriously. Everywhere else looks so badly Victorian Era its realistically scary.)

So here's the summarized story in short:
Josephine was busy walking all around Veilgarden, buying a paper or two with surface currency to get aware of the area and the differences from the surface world (I've no idea what the lore on this is...given that the British Pence is still in use, but the..whole number is an 'echo' or something instead of Pound) until she sights out the honey-dens. Wondering what the place was, and intrigued by the idea of underworld bees, she strikes up a conversation with the first person in sight--Sir Charles--who proves to be quite an amiable and conversational fellow, despite his outward appearance. Biased at first, due to connecting the sights of the people to a rather squalid impression, she gains insight which turns her perceptions of people into a rather...mix of ideas, preferring not to judge until further ideas are presented, with first impressions always being given the suspension of judgement.

Which, if used as a Compel hook, could be used because of the binality of mind. x3
Which I can totally work out well with, because that's how I am sometimes! \o/

How's that sound, Sergius/everyone else? :D

Also @kj: I'd edit your Brawler idea there--seems a bit too vague to issue a compel on. What about 'Speaks with fisticuffs' and such? That brings on a rather double-edged point very well!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2015, 08:47:34 pm »

Quick note on Neathly currency: The Echo is supposed to be more or less equal in value to the British Pound, but it's a different currency unrelated to it. Additionally, it's considered contraband by the Bazaar. However, Fallen London being Fallen London, this means it's, if anything, more valuable than it normally would be. You'd still be able to use it (Probably), provided you ensure you do this out of sight of the gentlemen in blue (Or at least willing to give them a bit beforehand).

Also, I'll probably get around to writing up Phase 2/3 in a bit.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2015, 09:37:53 pm »

The game is on!

Please hurry with the character sheets and PM me if you have any questions.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2015, 10:42:18 pm »

Honestly, I didn't...really get phase 2 correctly. It came off to me (phase 2 & 3) as 'you meet one of the other PCs in a scenario! Tell thy tale!'

Well, given that I see Veilgarden as the most benign of all places for a newbie-commoner to head into Fallen London (I mean, seriously. Everywhere else looks so badly Victorian Era its realistically scary.)

So here's the summarized story in short:
Josephine was busy walking all around Veilgarden, buying a paper or two with surface currency to get aware of the area and the differences from the surface world (I've no idea what the lore on this is...given that the British Pence is still in use, but the..whole number is an 'echo' or something instead of Pound) until she sights out the honey-dens. Wondering what the place was, and intrigued by the idea of underworld bees, she strikes up a conversation with the first person in sight--Sir Charles--who proves to be quite an amiable and conversational fellow, despite his outward appearance. Biased at first, due to connecting the sights of the people to a rather squalid impression, she gains insight which turns her perceptions of people into a rather...mix of ideas, preferring not to judge until further ideas are presented, with first impressions always being given the suspension of judgement.

Which, if used as a Compel hook, could be used because of the binality of mind. x3
Which I can totally work out well with, because that's how I am sometimes! \o/

How's that sound, Sergius/everyone else? :D

Also @kj: I'd edit your Brawler idea there--seems a bit too vague to issue a compel on. What about 'Speaks with fisticuffs' and such? That brings on a rather double-edged point very well!

I think that's a fine story and a continuation to mine in the honey-den (or prequel), I think that would count as your Phase 3. So I'll take your story from Phase 1 and try to think a good scenario where I can do a guest appearence too.

If, however, this is your second story, I should be the one trying to insert myself into it, and it should be a standalone story before I add details to it :)

If I'm going to get any aspects for myself, anyway. So, at least I need to add more details to what exactly I did there.

The game is on!

Please hurry with the character sheets and PM me if you have any questions.

EDIT: However if we're going to start playing first and add aspects/finish phases later, it works pretty well to determine how we first met, so, onwards!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 10:51:15 pm by Sergius »

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2015, 11:40:24 pm »

Well shit, have to finish my character!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2015, 02:51:40 am »

If, however, this is your second story, I should be the one trying to insert myself into it, and it should be a standalone story before I add details to it :)
OH! Oh dear, it was planned to be either a plan 2/3, either/or, but presumably a phase 2 there, because that's how I understood it {Phase 1 = Personal backstory; Phase 2/3 = Backstory with allied PCs or the environment.}

EDIT: However if we're going to start playing first and add aspects/finish phases later, it works pretty well to determine how we first met, so, onwards!
Well this can be our OOC thread :3
We've a LOT to flesh out if we're porting over FATE rules from the corebook to a forum format--considering that there is a -inhibition of quicktalk- the GM has a lot more burden here :O if we're staying by the usual compel and otherwise, and must make sure he understands it perfectly!

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2015, 10:28:08 am »

OH! Oh dear, it was planned to be either a plan 2/3, either/or, but presumably a phase 2 there, because that's how I understood it {Phase 1 = Personal backstory; Phase 2/3 = Backstory with allied PCs or the environment.}

That's also what I understand, but the way it works is like this:
You write Phase 2 for your character (just a story, no mention of allied PCs)
I write Phase 2 for my character (same as above, no mention of your character)
You take my Phase 2, and add stuff. That's Phase 3, you write it down in your sheet. So it's sort of a third story for you, except I wrote it then handed it to you so you add yourself to the scene, so to say.
At the same time, I take the story you wrote for Phase 2, and add myself, then write the result (or the add-on) in my Phase 3 box.

Something like this:

Phase 2
Sergius Phase 2: "I was walking in the docks, and I slipped on a banana. That gave me the aspect 'hates bananas'." /write dock_story (Sergius' Phase 2 slot). /give Tiruin dock_story

Tiruin Phase 2: "I was in the dojo and used my mad Londoner ninja skills and won the prize. That gave me the aspect 'mean fighter'" /write ninja_story (Tiruin's Phase 2 slot). /give Sergius ninja_story

Phase 3
Sergius Phase 3: "I visited the dojo and saw Tiruin, he was really good so I clapped. Aspect 'claps at people fighting' :P" /write ninja_story_update (Sergius' Phase 3 slot)
Tiruin Phase 3: "I saw Gentleman walking in the docks and I threw a banana at him! That gave me the aspect 'the banana stalker'." /write dock_story_update (Tiruin's Phase 3 slot)

This is what the sheets should look like (as you noticed, I'm trying to make up the aspects for example purposes instead of using the real stuff) :

Sergius
High Concept: Gentlemanly Gentleman
Trouble: Annoys people
Aspect 3: whatever from phase 1
Aspect 4: hates banana
Aspect 5: claps at people

Phase 1: Blah
Phase 2: I was walking in the docks, and I slipped on a banana.
Phase 3: I visited the dojo and saw Tiruin, he was really good so I clapped.

Tiruin
High Concept: Super Soldier
Trouble: War Pacifist
Aspect 3: something something from phase 1
Aspect 4: mean fighter
Aspect 5: the banana stalker

Phase 1: Stuff
Phase 2: I was in the dojo and used my mad Londoner ninja skills and won the prize.
Phase 3: I saw Gentleman walking in the docks and I threw a banana at him!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:37:07 am by Sergius »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2015, 02:27:11 am »

That's also what I understand, but the way it works is like this:
You write Phase 2 for your character (just a story, no mention of allied PCs)
I write Phase 2 for my character (same as above, no mention of your character)
You take my Phase 2, and add stuff. That's Phase 3, you write it down in your sheet. So it's sort of a third story for you, except I wrote it then handed it to you so you add yourself to the scene, so to say.
At the same time, I take the story you wrote for Phase 2, and add myself, then write the result (or the add-on) in my Phase 3 box.
I was a bit lost in the manual (though what a very comprehensive and detailed manual it is!) due to how the circumstances seem...intertwined that way.

Given this note, it seems pretty much OK :D
Though I think it depends on the format we have to share--given the PBP nature, I don't think we can afford the quicktalk unlike in RL games.

Edit: It makes a ton more sense now. Thanks Sergius for broadening the field!
...Err, so that's my 1/2 of the story anyway. That bit up there--excluding meeting you, but making a foray into the Honey-dens to get how this place even works (and its exotic culture too!).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 02:28:57 am by Tiruin »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 25, 2015, 08:23:10 pm »

Here's some teaser questlines that I doodled up during class:

Case of the Somniferous Slicer

Although the two are not on the best of terms, the Department of Menace Eradication occasionally take in work from the Constables in matters too dangerous for the gentlemen in blue. This month, London is being terrorised by a mysterious figure known as the Somniferous Slicer. Unlucky citizens and certain detectives have been finding themselves sliced into pieces in their sleep. The killer never broke in, but instead attacked through their dreams.

Some say that it means Jack-of-Smiles has managed to get his hands on a cache of red honey.

A Fungal Dirigible

A gigantic, floating fungus is said to be on a path towards London. Those sent to investigate never returns.

Of Zee and Zewers

A bold group of rats and L. B. have taken over an old watchtower near the Wolfstack Docks. Rats are seen digging a channel towards the shores. They're building their own docks, they say. Mr. Fires is nor amused with their refusal to pay the trade taxes for all the goods they have been smuggling with the Zee rats, using the watchtower as their base of operation. It's time to teach them a lesson.

The Belching Baritone

A concert of some nature has been ongoing for nearly two days now in the Bugsby Marshes. Nobody actually know where the quiet, inhuman singing came from, but they are indeed very catchy. Singing the lyrics also cause the skins of nearby people to flake off painfully.

It is probably just a nuisance. Hardly a job fit for an Eradication Officer, which is why you are being assigned.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 25, 2015, 08:51:08 pm »

The Case of the Somniferous Slicer sounds interesting. Also, I have the slight feeling that the Belching Baritone is gonna deal with the Correspondence...In which case, it'd probably be more of a threat to itself than us :P

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 25, 2015, 08:52:45 pm »

The Belching Baritone might end up being the first quest in the campaign if I don't sic a million spiders on everyone first.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22