Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21

Author Topic: YG: Gods of the Glow 15.5/15  (Read 38690 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YG: Gods of the Glow 15.5/15
« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2015, 06:25:59 pm »

"While I am presenting in person, I suppose it is best to bring up my second idea. It might be best to make this before the other anyway. Devices and powers seem to exist in other realities that allow the user to detect a massive amount of death or destruction."

Hecate flips the page of the book, to several gems.

"Seeing as we have such beings as the 'God of Death', such a power should be easy to create for us. My secondary idea is these simply gems. A small crystal of some kind enchanted to glow when an action we undertake would kill or otherwise harm a large amount of the mortal population without our knowlage. This could work in two ways, either as a group, glowing when any God is about to cause an Apocalypse, or as individual gems that warn us if our own actions would destroy the universe again. This should keep us from another accident like this. I suggest that they glow when ten percent or more of Mortals would be effected by the action, but am not set on the number."

My moons are already able to do something like this. It would probably be easy to take a few small chunks out and change them so they predict cataclysms instead of simply announcing them. I'll give 2E for the planet for now since I'm pretty low on essence. I'll give more when I am in a better situation.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2015, 08:15:15 pm »

"While we approve of this plan,
For dual dimensions appeal to us,
We find ourselves unable to contribute,
At least no more than a single Essence,
As Hankar's Folly has left us without devotees,
And with nary any Essence to spare.
We apologize for our inability,
To help further."

The twins seem tired, though Anupralt surrounds them.

"Itar, and Xenos,
We three now have the most Anupralt.
Yet I do not believe we know what can be done with it;
Would you agree to pooling our efforts,
In search of answers?"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2015, 01:00:49 am »

"Possaio found the 'Planet of Doors' an interesting idea worth his support, as well as the artifacts to warn Gods of the consequences of their actions. He then made a proposal to solve the current problem of nothing happening after a mortal's death: 'the mortal is immortalized in his life story, invocable by telling, singing or reading it. To match this (not actual) loss of souls, mortal fertility is boosted a bit.' Possaio made a note to use this template on his creations and followers, should it not be made common by the Council. To finish for the Tick, he cast some votes."

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2015, 02:34:53 am »

Waking from a nap, Avignon quickly shouted agreement with Hecate's plan. "Of course! 2e to it's construction."

Looking at the remnants of the pre-Apocalypse, and the effect of his brother god's attempt at building a home, Avignon decided to do what he could to alleviate the consequences.

Avignon's servants had been unable to accomplish much in the previous world. Now, he hoped, that they would be able to help bring stability to those who had been harmed by the actions of the gods. Those 'monstrous' demigods who still breathed would have to be saved. They would have to be taught how to control their new bodies and then be brought to a safe home, should there be one.

He then pointed his attention towards Hecate once more. "A gem? Easily hidden. Better something that can''t be placed behind one's cloak or in a dimension without anyone noticing. Perhaps an asteroid or meteor would be more noticeable and suit our purposes."

Rejoin the Pantheon of Parity.
2e towards the Planet of Doors.
Resurrect Seerstone Shang Di; give him the task of educating and converting the demigods. If the Planet of the Doors is successively created, get Shang Di to convince the demigods to migrate to one of the new worlds within.
Create 50 Shishegui and order them to reproduce using the remnants of the destroyed planets.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2015, 07:31:26 am »

"It would be the best if we turned the non-portal area into a desert. Traveling in a desert is  difficult but  definitely not impossible, while living there is extremely hard."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 14, 2015, 10:51:41 am »

"It would be the best if we turned the non-portal area into a desert. Traveling in a desert is  difficult but  definitely not impossible, while living there is extremely hard."

"Why?
We must disagree."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 14, 2015, 11:16:32 am »

"Why?
We must disagree."
"So that we can protect our followers. Living outside of the portals endangers them. We must do what is best for them, not for us."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 14, 2015, 11:30:01 am »

"In what way,
Does making it harder to travel
Or survive in an area,
Help them?
They will inevitably seek to live outside the portals;
While the portals serve as an effective fallback mechanism,
We should endeavor to simply keep such apocalyptic events from happening instead.
Rather than force them all into portals."

Spend all 15 Anupralt making Dotai and good pairings of environments for them to live
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2015, 01:01:30 pm »

Provide 2 essence towards the portal plan

Spends 12 essence to create and propagate the Yunifai.

Spoiler: Yunifai (click to show/hide)

The Yunifai are dispatched to all places of creation to spread Unity.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2015, 01:07:21 pm »

Gorgoroth has been standing back in a corner listening intently. He now approaches the other gods.

"I must admit that this portal planet seems like a much better idea than anything else the council has made. I will support this project with 5E. I would like to make the request that these portals may be shut in the event of an apocalypse for protection. I don't think it is horrible for us to make the planet habitable, as long as we warn mortals of its inherent danger.

The reason I don't agree with going by the spirit of he rules for the Pantheon of Opposition is that this makes it's law enforcement a matter of opinion, so while in some circumstances it may end the corruption of those circumventing rules, it could also punish those who follow them and do not cause trouble. This dual purpose may not be best. However, the Pantheon of Opposition certainly seems the best and such problems can be fixed rather easily. I shall indeed the join the Pantheon of Opposition."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2015, 07:11:08 pm »

Examine the strange Demigod monster races that now live on the planet.

"I find it strange that no one was the least bit interested in the mutants races now living underground."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 15, 2015, 07:30:20 pm »

"Oh? I certainly have an interest in them."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 15, 2015, 08:36:23 pm »

We probably should be more careful when dealing with that evil spire thing, considering that every single time we interacted with it a cataclysm happened. I don't want to have to rebuild my creation again.

Examine the strange Demigod monster races that now live on the planet.

"I find it strange that no one was the least bit interested in the mutants races now living underground."

I'll definitively mess with them a bit when we get know more about them. As for the others, I suspect that many are conducting research on their own. It still would be nice to warn us if someone finds out that they can be dangerous.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 19, 2015, 06:32:48 pm »

Itar uses 5A to recreate the Blue Barbs and tasks them with spreading blue.

"My fellow gods." I would like to propose the creation of a guardian race to protect our races and make sure the rules that the council create are upheld.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 20, 2015, 08:02:10 am »

Itar uses 5A to recreate the Blue Barbs and tasks them with spreading blue.

"My fellow gods." I would like to propose the creation of a guardian race to protect our races and make sure the rules that the council create are upheld.
Support,

"A fine idea indeed, but then we would have to agree on a set of rule as a whole, which had not been the case before due to the creation of different leagues of gods. Therefore I must propose that we should create a constitution, applying to all gods who decide to follow it, regardless of their group.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21