Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: YG: Gods of the Glow 15.5/15  (Read 38711 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: YG: Gods of the Glow 15.5/15
« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2015, 07:45:49 am »

Industria spends 10E to replace the Opus, and up to 5E to repair the damage around some forested mountains so they have place to live and don't get utterly knackered
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 12, 2015, 09:52:20 am »

Ao Shin uses 11E to create some Stormborn, and creates another permanent hurricane that only affects non followers. He orders the Stormborn to create a beautiful city in the eye of the storm instead of creating it himself.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2015, 12:31:50 pm »

Lumio use 12E to bring an equal number of Falicio on both planets and then teach them all the things that he had taught to their predecessor. He also teach the other mortals how to interpret a few of the omens from the moons.

Of course, I'll rejoin the pantheon I used to be in. Was it unity or opposition? Can't remember the name for some reason.

And to whoever made the kryptids (Wow, I'm really terrible at remembering names), I think our negotiations were interrupted by the end of the world. Is 2E enough to prevent the mind wipes?
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2015, 02:14:05 pm »

And to whoever made the kryptids (Wow, I'm really terrible at remembering names), I think our negotiations were interrupted by the end of the world. Is 2E enough to prevent the mind wipes?

Will you give my specie free access to your hives if I pay you 2E? And no memory wipes if possible.

Free access, no. Limited access, yes, but the mind-wipes are more or less unavoidable. The Kryptids are isolationists, after all, and would prefer to stay like that. It would probably be possible to get them to skip the mind-wipes, but your followers would have to make a pretty good bargain with them to do so.

This still stands.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 12, 2015, 02:16:22 pm »

Will you give my specie free access to your hives if I pay you 2E? And no memory wipes if possible.

Free access, no. Limited access, yes, but the mind-wipes are more or less unavoidable. The Kryptids are isolationists, after all, and would prefer to stay like that. It would probably be possible to get them to skip the mind-wipes, but your followers would have to make a pretty good bargain with them to do so.

This still stands.

I'm fine with that. The deal is made then.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2015, 03:56:57 am »

T2: A hard lesson.

Lumio pushes the pieces of his moons back together, then uses a very slight amount of power to keep them there. There are still a few cracks, but it was definitely much easier then he anticipated!

10,000 Kryptids created! {Xenos -8E}
25,000 Dotai created {Tataeveda -15E}
Itar rebuilds his broken races {Itar -10E}
Tataeveda also creates the Pantheon of Parity!

Hankar attempts to build a shelter from the void.
Error, void N/A! Replaced with Abyssal/Spire factions!
Hankar begins spending essence to protect himself, but since he has no idea what he is doing, his first few attempts fizzle out. Then he gets something that works...  {Hankar -10E}
It immediately tears itself apart due to the two energies reacting extremely badly, and it explodes! {Hankar -10 ME +10A} He immediately burns the Anupralt to keep himself alive, but he lost a lot of power... {Hankar -10A +5E}
The shockwave shoots across everything you know, converting all mortals caught outside in the blase into pure Anupralt, and all the mortals inside or underground into half Anupralt demigod monsters! All the gods feel a slight loss of power as parts of them convert into Anupralt! {All other gods -1ME +1A}
All that remains of the shelter is a lightly glowing sphere that shifts through all the colours of the rainbow. But when Hankar attempts to enter it, he finds himself unable. It would probably have the same effect on the Faction members, but it's not of any use to you like this!

Industria creates 20,000 Opus, and creates a few trees for them to use. {Industria -12E}
Ao Shin creates 20,000 Stormborn and reforms the permanent hurricane {Ao Shin -14E}
Lumio creates 20,000 Falicio {Lumio -12E} and gives 2E to Xenos. {Lumio -2E Xenos +2E}

Spoiler: Proposals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 04:08:17 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2015, 07:57:35 am »

Create 5000 Keepers of the Knowledge to Populate the Library, create luscious lands surrounding the library, create 5000 Slavions, empathically connected rat-like humanoids to serve the Keepers

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2015, 11:38:55 am »

Goddamit! Who the hell turned me into fairy dust?! Why is the planet even more messed up that before? I'm glad I waited a bit to recreate my specie. Whoever did this should pay.

I propose that whoever did this will repay every god for the damage he caused to them.

I also create the mirror grass I described earlier. I put it in fields all around the main planet. I won't spend more than 2E on this.

And finally I support 1.3 and oppose 1.2 If I wasn't already.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 11:49:02 am by FArgHalfnr »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 13, 2015, 12:57:33 pm »

Goddamit! Who the hell turned me into fairy dust?! Why is the planet even more messed up that before? I'm glad I waited a bit to recreate my specie. Whoever did this should pay.

I propose that whoever did this will repay every god for the damage he caused to them.

I also create the mirror grass I described earlier. I put it in fields all around the main planet. I won't spend more than 2E on this.

And finally I support 1.3 and oppose 1.2 If I wasn't already.

"It was Hankar. Even I noticed that, and I didn't even notice the first Apocalypse until the book told me I had apparently died."

Hecate appears to the council personally again, his left torso reading through Charta as his right writes fervently on a long scroll. The middle looks both annoyed and exhausted, fixing his glasses as he glares at the other Gods.

"That is the second recorded Apocalypse in recent history. While something interesting came of it, if the constant catastrophes continue we will be unable to advance in a meaningful manner. Seeing this as a problem, I have designed a new planet with natural defenses that will, hopefully, limit the damage destructive decisions do to our creations allowing our creations to actually do things."

Hecate then opens his arms wide, a massive book blocking off the God's view of him appears with little ceremony. Inside the book is a planet, with countless labels and comments covering it from all angles.

"I call my design the 'Planet of Doors'. The idea is to cover the planet with countless portals, leading to pocket dimensions, alternate realities, or otherwise 'not-here' places. Instead of forming cities on normal ground, each will form inside a portal, allowing it to develop its own culture and inventions while being well defended. Travel between portals is perfectly possible, allowing some cultural transfer to happen. With this design the hope is that, at most, a single city could be destroyed by an incident rather than all of creation. It will not stop events like the First Apocalypse, but hopefully it can stall smaller events like Hankar's folly. The only problem with the design, assuming it doesn't cause its own apocalypse, is the cost associated with such a project. Which is why I came before the council personally. I need investors if I wish to try out this idea, I doubt I can bear the cost of this myself."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2015, 01:09:27 pm »

Sounds interesting to me. I pledge 5E towards it.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2015, 01:26:20 pm »

I will assist with this program. Normally, I'd be hesitant to invest in something experimental like this early on but I agree that decisive action should be taken immediately to prevent more setbacks. At this rate, I fear none of us will be able to make any progress. Truth be told, I'm not even particularly angry at Hankar. It was a good idea in prospect but apparently it suffered from his lack of practical knowledge with the topic.

It seems to me that there is much we do not yet know about the way things work. It would be prudent of us to carefully consider what actions we take from here on out. In particular, I think we should hold off on our more... creative ideas until we have created a separate dimension specifically for dangerous experiments.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2015, 04:46:37 pm »

"I'll support Hecate's idea. Colour me convinced."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2015, 05:39:24 pm »

"I am not extremely fond of Hecate's Idea, but I am willing to help once I've regained some of my essence. But I still have several questions.

Will there be any lifeforms between the portals?
Will our followers gain the power to create the portals and/or dimensions themselves?
What will happen when people leave the dimensions made for them, and settle on the planet itself?

People might just want to leave, or get banished. If we whish to prevent this, we could create very hostile predators and maybe even turn the terrain outside into an uninhabitable area in which people can survive a few days, so that they only go there when they need to travel."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2015, 06:10:21 pm »

"While I am presenting in person, I suppose it is best to bring up my second idea. It might be best to make this before the other anyway. Devices and powers seem to exist in other realities that allow the user to detect a massive amount of death or destruction."

Hecate flips the page of the book, to several gems.

"Seeing as we have such beings as the 'God of Death', such a power should be easy to create for us. My secondary idea is these simply gems. A small crystal of some kind enchanted to glow when an action we undertake would kill or otherwise harm a large amount of the mortal population without our knowlage. This could work in two ways, either as a group, glowing when any God is about to cause an Apocalypse, or as individual gems that warn us if our own actions would destroy the universe again. This should keep us from another accident like this. I suggest that they glow when ten percent or more of Mortals would be effected by the action, but am not set on the number."

"I am not extremely fond of Hecate's Idea, but I am willing to help once I've regained some of my essence. But I still have several questions.

Will there be any lifeforms between the portals?
Will our followers gain the power to create the portals and/or dimensions themselves?
What will happen when people leave the dimensions made for them, and settle on the planet itself?

People might just want to leave, or get banished. If we whish to prevent this, we could create very hostile predators and maybe even turn the terrain outside into an uninhabitable area in which people can survive a few days, so that they only go there when they need to travel."

The book flips back to the planet.

"The initial design has a fully functional ecosystem, much like a normal planet, between the portals. This includes typical flora and fauna, which can be hunted and gathered by travelers. I must confess that, as of this moment, not even I have an intimate knowlage of how our magic works. I doubt a normal mortal would be capable of doing something so difficult as that, unless we assist them in some way. I would imagine that the planet is then settled. It is not a major problem if that happens. Even if twenty five-no-ten percent decide to use the portals the Mortals should be defended well enough. I personally suspect they would rather use their allotted portals than the world itself anyway.

Making the land outside the portals is possible, if you all feel it is necessary to discourage use of the planet itself or for whatever reason you decide. I would only suggest that it not be made-too-hostile, if it is truly instant death to step outside we might as well remove the planet itself and have nothing between the portals."

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2015, 06:25:13 pm »

"I will Pledge 5 essence to this project. Hopefully this will work and I can finally get to making heroes for my myths and legends that actual survive or beat the apocalypse."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21