Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58315 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine job]
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2015, 09:52:55 am »

"That will have to do. These 'Sapporwill' trees, where are they?" Samara asked.

Risey gives you a description-they are fairly iconic, being very tall, with hanging, threaded stalks of leaves, small green berries, and dark-red bark. She says they are named for the birds that gather around them, and she mimes a familiar bird call. You're sure you've heard it many times before traveling in these lands, but didn't have a name for them until now. Risey knows there are about a half dozen of these trees around the village, and gives you general directions to each one.

As for your other advice...she gives you a parting shot as you leave.

"I believe my affections are my own business, ma'am, but thanks for the advice. Have a nice day, aye?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 10:02:09 am »

"Merely admiring the armour for a blink. Fine work. There a tale behind that, metal-shaper?
Anyway, I had work for you."

It takes a second to hitch the leather armour panels from her assemble, leaving her in her baggy clothes. The helm stayed on, hiding her beak, leaving her eyes to glint behind the steel.

"I need these studded with metal. I wish for them stronger. I have the gold to pay for it."

Ask for my leather armour to be upgraded to studded leather
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2015, 10:16:42 am »

"Aye, I can do that...eh, 'lass'." The Dwarf says carefully. "I'll give yer armor a ream of wicked razor spikes.

How fast do ye want it done? Price is set on how quick ya want it. 30 gold and I'll get it done in four days. Give me 60 and I'll have it ready with yer breakfast tomorrow."
He says, little gold flecks glinting in his eyes. It's probably metaphorical.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2015, 10:30:06 am »

With the mage gone off to talk to the healer and the bird thing off to talk to the armorsmith, Sarco decided that we might as well use his time to the owner of the Riddling Sphinx, it was a longshot, but a collector of curiosities might know something of a mad mage.

Head to the Riddling Sphinx, looking around a bit and ask the owner if he knows anything of the mage.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2015, 10:48:05 am »

Akira slinks back into Risey's shop. She looks around the shop.
"I... I do n-not wish to o-offend miss... b-but you seem t-to b-be l-lacking in... wares..."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2015, 10:56:32 am »

The owner of the Sphinx is a thin, almost skeletal old man, with a small pair of eyeglasses. He seems to be asleep, hands folded in his lap, eyes closed and downcast.

You take a moment to look about. Rope. Scissors. Thread. Buckets. Check.

The interesting things are in the back. You see...about two dozen very odd items, gathered into the back of the shop on shelves. You take note of every one...

1. A small, undecorated oak box, that would fit in the palm of your hand.
2. A tiny glass bottle filled with a clear liquid.
3. A thick, carved stick bent into a 'V' shape. Looks like a club of some sort.
4. A clear glass sphere-tiny darting spheres of light are occasionally observed inside.
6. A long wand is made of willow. It has a small amber gem at the tip, that glows faintly.
7. A pretty silver chain necklace, with an ornate jade beetle emblem.
8. A broken fragment of a very large egg-shell.
9.  A pair of iron-shod boots
10. An ordinary leather sack.
11. A pair of gloves with metal knobs on the knuckles.
12. A pot of blue syrupy...stuff.

--

Akira slinks back into Risey's shop. She looks around the shop.
"I... I do n-not wish to o-offend miss... b-but you seem t-to b-be l-lacking in... wares..."

She seems to take offense, irregardless.

"Well, it's not easy to take a walk in the woods these days! If it's not Mad Wizards, Trolls, Walking Trees, or Moving Shadows, it's Bandits.

Place I was apt to find my special ingredients, I can't get to. I tried to talk with them, tell them to move on...well, I was lucky to get away with my virtue intact, to put it politely. Had to stick one of them my knife."
She says tersely, hands folded across her chest.

--

"Merely admiring the armour for a blink. Fine work. There a tale behind that, metal-shaper?"

You remind yourself that until you agree on a price, it's unlikely the Dwarf will satisfy your curiosity. Nothing is free, after all.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2015, 11:00:59 am »

Akira flinches before putting up a finger.
"Well... I-I could... b-bring it u-up w-with my..."
Akria pauses for a considerable time as she thinks of a name for the group.
"Colleagues... U-um, if there's a... r-reward f-for it... They aren't very... n-nice people w-when it involves c-charity..."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2015, 11:02:44 am »

Sarco moved up to the man, gently tapping his claws on the counter in the hopes of waking the man up.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2015, 11:07:29 am »

"Reward? What do you expect from me? I don't have gold spilling from my rear everytime I pass wind like the Baron. I don't have any magical weapons and armor lying around in my attic to throw to random adventurers.

Tell your friends I am good at herbalism though. I could put in some extra work and brew you all up some special stock-healing potions. At reduced price. Those bandits will also have the things they stole-from people who've passed through, and folks around here. Some of might be returned to grateful owners, the other stuff you'd keep, right."

---

Sarco moved up to the man, gently tapping his claws on the counter in the hopes of waking the man up.

The man cracks open one eye, then the other. Surprisingly, he doesn't seem shocked at Sarcos appearance.

"Well, well...welcome to the Sphinx. The greatest riddle of all is why I'm still in business! Heh...heh heh.

Anyway. Here to buy some rope? Maybe a bucket? I've got a nice soup ladle for sale-half price."
He says drolly.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2015, 11:09:19 am »

Akira nods quickly. She stands around looking about the store seemingly at a loss as to what to do now.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2015, 11:14:09 am »

Sarco nods his head at the man. "Yes. I am here to buy a rope please. Or any manacles if you have them." He rummages around in his money pouch "We have been hired to, non lethally of course, stop the mad mage who has been bothering this town. I don't suppose you might have any information on on him? Where we might be able to find him, or any thing else of note about him?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2015, 11:23:00 am »

Sarco nods his head at the man. "Yes. I am here to buy a rope please. Or any manacles if you have them." He rummages around in his money pouch "We have been hired to, non lethally of course, stop the mad mage who has been bothering this town. I don't suppose you might have any information on on him? Where we might be able to find him, or any thing else of note about him?"

"Mancles? Sorry, I'm not a...gaoler. Can sell you nice strong rope, though.

...Can't I say known much of him, or where you'd find him-but, most of my items here I actually got from him. Sort of. He's a crazy fool, but he tends to leave things lying around. Dangerous, magic things he's finds in the ruins. Also things he stole...er, borrowed from people, which I tend to give back. I took the other stuff to keep them safe."
The shopkeeper says, seemingly suppressing a wink.

He puts a coil on rope on the counter, manifested as if by magic.

Hempen Rope
Desc: 50-ft of strong fiber rope. Can be broken with a DC 17 Strength check.
Cost: 1 Gold

--
Akira nods quickly. She stands around looking about the store seemingly at a loss as to what to do now.

Risey seems to be contemplating chasing you away with a broom.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2015, 11:30:49 am »

"Merely admiring the armour for a blink. Fine work. There a tale behind that, metal-shaper?"

You remind yourself that until you agree on a price, it's unlikely the Dwarf will satisfy your curiosity. Nothing is free, after all.

The helmet of the bird cocked slightly, the Kenku equivalent of a lifted eyebrow.
"60? I could commision studded skin-armour for less. I am not so in desperate need as to pay that. No, a fair price would be 35. You have the leather already shaped and cured. You need half the materials, only part the time. Less effort, same result. 35."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2015, 11:34:58 am »

"I... See." Sarco said as he paid over the gold piece for the rope. Contemplating turning the man in as a thief for a moment, in the end he decided to let the matter rest. For now. "Do you know what the items are? If he took them from the same ruins that made him go insane it seems that there would be some risk to them."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2015, 11:36:18 am »

"Do you sell... healing tinctures."
Akira finally says.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58