Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Lost Isle/[1st Cycle-Missing the Birdgirl. Not that one, the other one]  (Read 58312 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Adventurers of the Lost Isle/[1st Cycle~A routine job]
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2015, 11:49:29 am »

"60? I could commision studded skin-armour for less. I am not so in desperate need as to pay that. No, a fair price would be 35. You have the leather already shaped and cured. You need half the materials, only part the time. Less effort, same result. 35."

"Ya dang fool bird-thing, I was trying to give you a discount.

60 gold if'n you want it right now-I need the extra gold to hire some extra folk, part time leather workers who live around these parts.

35 gold, and I'll get it to you in five days, and that's cutting me own throat!"
He says gruffly.

"...30 gold and I'll get it done in four days.."

---

"I... See." Sarco said as he paid over the gold piece for the rope. Contemplating turning the man in as a thief for a moment, in the end he decided to let the matter rest. For now. "Do you know what the items are? If he took them from the same ruins that made him go insane it seems that there would be some risk to them."

"I know what they do from what I can see-the glowing box, the stick that comes back when you throw it. I don't know exactly what they do-buyer beware, and all that. I'd never sell them, ah, to anyone who wasn't qualified to take them, see?

I could let you take a closer look at them if you wnat, and I'd sell them to someone professional like yourself at a bargain prices-not like anyone else will buy them. Really, prices this low, I'd be cutting my own throat."
he says, brushing his bald head with his hand.

---

"Do you sell... healing tinctures."
Akira finally says.

"50 gold for a healing cordial, and that's cutting my own throat!" She says, looking for her broom.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2015, 11:56:24 am »

"I'll give you 75! E-extra for bothering you..."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2015, 11:58:00 am »

Sarco shrugs his broad shoulders at the offer of a closer look. "I know a elf shaman who would be better qualified then me to see what the items do. I shall ask her to come, perhaps one might be useful for the capture of the mage. Or at least hold a clue to his madness. Before I go though, do you perhaps know where I could find some person who would sell a mount suitable for battle around here? I suppose that this town would not have any type of raptor, but one of those horses would also do."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2015, 12:11:18 pm »

"Aye, we've got several breeders...Leonard Stream took awhile for to rebuild his stock, but he'll sell you one. Not cheap, though. He'll sell you a pig, though-he's still rolling in them." The man says, chuckling.

This seems to be a local joke.

---

"I'll give you 75! E-extra for bothering you..."

Risey takes a small red vial from beneath her counter and puts in on the counter.

"It's worth every coin." She insists.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2015, 12:14:08 pm »

Akira quickly sets out the 75 coins and then takes the vial. She starts walking back towards the door slowly so Risey can count the coins and tell her to get out.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2015, 12:52:11 pm »

Sarco nods and heads out the door to find Samara. Once he catches up to her he says "Hey. The shopkeepers collection of magical items seems to have mostly come from the same ruins that made the mage go mad. He doesn't seem to know what they do, but he's offered to let me take a closer look, and sell them to me if I want any. We should go back there and check them out, maybe you can tell if any of them are useful to us, or hold a clue to the mages madness."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2015, 12:58:09 pm »

As the group splits up, Tadhg goes to the inn-tavern to see if the workers or customers there knows anything about the madman's whereabouts.
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 01:22:03 pm »

Tadhg enters to the sound of cheers. It seems a small crowd has been waiting here. They all begin talking at once.

"Thanks Holy Netunep! The heroes have arrived!"
"They'll help me fix my son!"
"This calls for a round, bartender!"
"He's a big one, ain't he? I be he could kill that wizard in one chop!"
"I thought he wasn't going to be hurt?"
"We need him alive so he can undo all that bad magic he did, right?"
"What about the trolls? We need help with the trolls too!"
"Aye, somebody get his attention-I've got this mess of giant rats in my barn ripe for some adventuring folk to clean up!
"I need them to help me with my alchemy first-I've got some great ideas, But I need ingredients..."
"Din't the last guy sent for ingredients get hisself et by a giant bird?"
"You don't know that for sure."
"Heroes buying drinks for everyone, right?"
"What about the trolls? They'll eat everyone!"
"My son!"
"Giant. Bloody. Bird. Ate him RIGHT. UP."
"The giant rats are eating my grain!"
"Praise Holy Netunep! All are worries are over!"
"All drinks are on the heroes tab! I heard it from hisself, just now. Good man. Good man."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2015, 02:25:54 pm »

Tadhg grins widely and gesticulates widely to silence the crowd. "People. People! I am sure we will be able to solve all of your troubles. But there is much to be done, and we have a lunatic on the loose!" The large berserker makes his way to a comfortable seat near the tavernkeeper and the door to the kitchen. "I have come seeking any information you might have about the current whereabouts of said madman. One at a time please! Now, let us start with the most important things. Who mentioned free beer for the heroes?"
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2015, 02:43:16 pm »

"Twas me, sir."

...Did somebody speak? It was hard to hear. In any case, a large beer mug soon finds it's way to you.

Hmm. Good.

Tadhg begins to gather a few rumors...

"Last I saw em, he was flying. Ain't ne'er seen a man who could fly. Not without wings, like. Not with wings, you know. Anyways, he was flying over the Coldfells. Makes sense. Coldfells is full of brambles and snakes. Makes sense he'd want to fly. Coldfells, North of here. See him there alot. Flying over it, I mean. Maybe he hides in there. I mean. Not many people are around there."

'He's probably resting in the Ancient Ruins. We don't go near that place...well, those of us with sense. It'd make sense he's hiding there, right? I don't know. My son tried to confront him and...*poof*...chicken...*sobs*"

"In truth, I think the man is not hiding, just...on the move. Days like this, he'll go from farm to farm-take his pick of produce, mind you. Stake the big ones out and he'll show up, sure as sure.

Netunep be merciful on his poor soul when you catch him!"

"He's not real. Mark my words. Sounds like everyone knows a guy, but not many can describe him to. Proper conspiracy stuff. I think he's actually a large group of men, or possibly made of the villagers themselves to confound people-mind you, I'm a newcomer to Omlett (It's Om-LAY you bas'ard!)-but I think it's likely you should consider this a wild goose chase. In truth, it's all really about the Trolls. I bet if there is a Wizard, it's a TROLL wizard."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2015, 02:45:21 pm »

Samara turned to face Sarco, "Oh, really?" her eyes glinted, "By all means, let us away to this purveyor of trinkets."

To the Sphinx!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2015, 02:47:05 pm »

Samara turned to face Sarco, "Oh, really?" her eyes glinted, "By all means, let us away to this purveyor of trinkets."

To the Sphinx!

The old man is asleep again, but after a few polite taps he's back up.

"Well, well...welcome to the Sphinx. The greatest riddle, of all is...why I'm still in business...sigh..."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2015, 03:03:25 pm »

"You don't say, my dear. Now, my good friend here mentioned that you had a number of baubles brought in by the resident madman, allegedly containing magical energies. I, as an experienced and well-traveled wizard of the first circle, have some small power of my own, certainly enough to divine something regarding the purpose and type of magic used in each,"

Samara paused, smiling placidly, "I would be willing to provide such a service to you for a modest fee... perhaps a single item from the collection, and one for my companion here? At the very least it would give you a better idea of what you might charge for the remainder... or, from what I've heard, give you new stories to tell about them."

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2015, 03:03:53 pm »

"45 shining pieces for it tomorrow, throat cut or not. I need  better armour, but not so desperately as to murder my purse for it. You have the leather pre worked, metal-smith."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2015, 03:07:41 pm »

Outside the shop Akira roughs herself up a bit. Throws a bit of dust onto her clothes. And then she walks off further concealing her face and arms so it's really hard to tell who she is between the clothes and the fact she's adopted a voice she heard from a woman while traveling. A gruff, annoyed voice, of medium pitch, but still certainly feminine. She wanders around looking for anyone who looks local.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 58