Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 159948 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Generations is out!
« Reply #1245 on: July 17, 2016, 03:00:20 pm »

Quick question about 4U: where would one find a couple of Stoutbones? I've decided to make myself a suit of high-rank Ioprey armor after finally deciphering how armor skills work, and I've found everything but two of the three Stoutbones I need for the chest piece.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 17, 2016, 03:18:54 pm »

You capture any of the HR Congalala variant. You get multiples of each so you only need to run it once or twice.

Edit. Only the Emerald gives 4 on a capture.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 17, 2016, 03:19:53 pm »

Ah, alright. Thanks!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 17, 2016, 07:21:53 pm »

The early game is much easier in Generations than it was in 4U. Lots of pushover monsters. Like the Great Maccao, magically even easier than the demo.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 17, 2016, 08:44:22 pm »

Since we have someone asking where to find stuff I might as well put up some helpful links for those who might not know.
Kiranico.com is one of the first places people tell you to look when you want to know where to find X or what quests are key quests etc.
Ping's Dex is a lot like Kiranico, except it's an .EXE and the information may be organized a little better. I prefer Pingdex myself.
There are also similar things available on phones, but you'd have to find those yourself since I don't use my phone much.

One thing I want to see is a canteen guide of some sort...

I'm still in 3star village. I was doing quests in sequence until I realized how most of them are just gathering quests that seem a bit more like padding than anything useful.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: July 17, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »

Do you mean things like pick mushrooms, go fishing, mine ore, catch bugs, steal eggs while being chased by angry monsters that can oneshot you? I'm pretty sure those are just tutorials because you'll be doing those a lot on you're own so you better get used to them now.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: July 17, 2016, 08:52:03 pm »

I mean, a lot of this stuff is going on quests to get account items, or items you could just as easily get from a harvest tour. I think the mushroom gathering quest from 4u sufficed as a gathering tutorial, honestly.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 18, 2016, 03:02:42 am »

One of the very first things I did was look up the Key Quests Online. With 4 Villages all offering their own quests, I wanted to know which Quests I actually HAVE to do.

I'm liking the game so far. Hunter Arts seem like a nice addition. Altough some of them take so long to charge, tham I'm sure you would not get them off more than once. I've been playing around with Aerial Style Insect Glaive, and Long Sword Guild Style. And some of the bigger Arts seem to deal a LOT of damage. I managed to slice both of Tetsus Tusks right off with one Critical Juncture.

I dont quite get Adept Style tough. It's supposed to work like something of a critical dodge. If you dodge just before attacks connect, you get a little special animation and then you can use a strong counterattack. Problem is, I have no idea how you're supposed to actually hit anything with it, since the Dodge puts you miles away from the Monster. I might be doing something wrong tough.

Just out of curiosity, what armors are you guys using? I made Bulldrome because it looks cool and gave Attack+, but the Defense Debuff on it seems quite harsh. Dunno if it's worth swapping it in Level 3 Quests again, or if I should just wait for Tier 4.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: July 18, 2016, 05:07:43 am »

I won't be able to pick up a copy for another couple weeks, but I've been reading that this is the easiest game so far with ridiculously low kill times and that getting hit didn't really matter as long as you had good armor. This worries me because I don't want an easy game and I don't want to artificially make it harder myself. What are your thoughts on the game's difficulty?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: July 18, 2016, 05:53:37 am »

I won't be able to pick up a copy for another couple weeks, but I've been reading that this is the easiest game so far with ridiculously low kill times and that getting hit didn't really matter as long as you had good armor. This worries me because I don't want an easy game and I don't want to artificially make it harder myself. What are your thoughts on the game's difficulty?
Haven't made it to High Rank yet, but Low Rank has been pretty easy.
Can't say the same for the Deviant monsters, though. Those guys are really tough to solo, especially Dreadqueen Rathian.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 18, 2016, 09:15:20 am »

Been playing online with a friend, just the two of us, and I can say that some of the Low Rank online monsters are decently challenging.

Of course, if you get High Rank armor before even tackling online, I'm sure it would be a cakewalk...

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 18, 2016, 09:51:48 am »

Is it just me or does the camera seem more zoomed out in Generations? Not a complaint, just an observation. Haven't played enough to know how much Imma like the game yet, but honestly, the series has taken up more of my life than anything else, and I doubt this'll rid me of my addiction.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: July 18, 2016, 11:08:26 am »

Is it just me or does the camera seem more zoomed out in Generations? Not a complaint, just an observation. Haven't played enough to know how much Imma like the game yet, but honestly, the series has taken up more of my life than anything else, and I doubt this'll rid me of my addiction.
I was curious, so I just did a side-by-side comparison with the help of Youtube videos, and nope, it looks about the same. I dunno if you got a New 3DS recently, but if you did, that might be affecting how you perceive the game.

Prowler mode does zoom the camera in quite a bit since you're smaller though, which also might affect how the game feels when you switch back to hunter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 18, 2016, 11:37:22 pm »

Haven't tried aerial stuff yet but that sounds pretty awesome. I just imagine myself getting hit constantly without evade+ though. I've been using adept style as a crutch because free absolute evades. I also notice I'm barely even using sword mode even though axe mode is so weak in this iteration of the game. No love for axe mode, even though it's the main reason I use the damn weapon to begin with =(

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 19, 2016, 10:15:21 am »

So can we officially call the SwitchAXE the Phial Blade now?
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 95