Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 159949 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #1215 on: March 18, 2016, 12:27:13 am »

I'm going to bed soonish, otherwise I would.

EDIT: Apparently the max level on an armor depends on how crappy its defense is? So high defense armor only takes a few upgrades, while lower takes a lot more...?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:29:01 am by OzyTheSage »

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 18, 2016, 02:44:29 pm »

I can help you, but won't be distraction free for another four hours if you'll be available later.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 15, 2016, 10:06:07 am »

Apparently MHGen's release date is now July 15th instead of the 31st. Was kinda hoping it'd be June but oh well, a 15 day bump is better than nothing.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 17, 2016, 04:21:31 am »

b-but I haven't finished 4 yet '='
thincake

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 17, 2016, 10:34:54 am »

Out of curiosity, at what point would you consider a MH game to be 'finished'? All quests complete? All monster crowns obtained? All weapons and armor crafted? You get completely sick of it all?

I still haven't done everything I want to in MH4U, but that's because most of what I want right now are divine armor spheres and I haven't really touched guild quests soo...

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #1220 on: May 17, 2016, 10:58:33 am »

MonHun is "finished" when you don't want to play any more. IT's pretty freeform at the end, you can hunt and do whatever. I'm basically at the point where I'm just hunting for decent relics to build sets around.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 17, 2016, 11:22:52 am »

For me, my ultimate goal since MH1 was to craft every SnS in the game. Not even every weapon, just SnS.
Have never come close because of playing-time constraints meaning the online portions of the games kept getting shut down just as I reached high rank, making most of the weapon upgrades impossible forever. MH4U is the first one I've played where I can be reasonably sure this won't happen.

That said my MH4U hunting partner's gone until early July and I haven't reached G rank yet, soo...

(I don't think there's anything that would be blocked off without online, but please correct me if I'm wrong)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 17, 2016, 11:25:32 am »

I remember in 3u I wanted to craft every lance. I've got a fair arraw of lances and switchaxes in 4u right now. Liking multiple weapons is so costly.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: June 15, 2016, 04:09:25 pm »

If you pay more than 4 dollars on the E3 Humble Bundle then you get a code for the MHGen demo right meow. Otherwise the demo will be available for free on the 30th.

E: It's a multiplayer demo, just like 4u! =D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:25:01 pm by OzyTheSage »

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: June 16, 2016, 01:31:59 am »

yoy
thincake

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: June 30, 2016, 02:04:08 pm »

The multiplayer demo is out for everyone now.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: June 30, 2016, 04:02:41 pm »

Because I'm curious, what weapons/styles are ya'll thinking of focusing on in MHX/MHGen?

I'm gonna try out Aerial Insect Glaive because it looks silly, and I'm definitely going to be doing a lot of both Guild and Adept style Charge Blade.

Also, Sword and Shield, Guild/Striker/Adept, because of how absurdly good the weapon is now.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 04:05:13 pm by Nighthawk »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: June 30, 2016, 04:18:35 pm »

I am very sad about switchaxe really. It's basically my main weapon, but I like being in axe mode. Kinda wish axe mode got some kind of a buff to make it more appealing than just 'the mode you use when sword mode isn't charged'. Like, if I did more damage when my sword gauge was filled that'd be really cool.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: June 30, 2016, 04:22:54 pm »

I am very sad about switchaxe really. It's basically my main weapon, but I like being in axe mode. Kinda wish axe mode got some kind of a buff to make it more appealing than just 'the mode you use when sword mode isn't charged'. Like, if I did more damage when my sword gauge was filled that'd be really cool.
You still have ye olde jam-the-A-button attack which does remarkably good damage and is extremely satisfying when you land lots of hits with it. But yeah, I feel ya, the axe mode is really discouraged because of how much better sword is... which is odd, considering it's called the Switch AXE, not the Switch Sword.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Monster Hunter Generations
« Reply #1229 on: July 15, 2016, 10:58:54 am »

It's here! I've playing MHGen right now =D

Perhaps we should change the topic or create a new one?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 11:11:17 am by OzyTheSage »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 95