Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160218 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #690 on: March 25, 2015, 05:50:41 pm »

That reminds me. I'm disappointed that we didn't get attacked when the airship took off.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 25, 2015, 10:51:12 pm »

Just finished making Black Gravios armor and a Seregios greatsword, and then I realized Seregios armor looks flipping amazing.
Spoiler: Seregios Blademaster (click to show/hide)
I will be made of gold. Nothing will stop me.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 25, 2015, 11:31:49 pm »

seregios armor is also pretty strong, especially for the seregios weapons, weapons cannot bounce, constitution +2(dodges and blocks take half as much stamina), the negate bleeding is kind of useless since the seregios is the only thing that causes it. it also gains half sharpness loss rate at G rank.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 25, 2015, 11:49:55 pm »

You also look like this guy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You know... considering what Seregios kinda does (shoot blades everywhere) and the name of all his quests (Dance of a Thousand Blades, 1000 Shimmering Swords, Seer of Swords). It seems pretty apt.

Edit: Aaaand... apparently you could play as Gilgamesh in Monster Hunter Frontier G. So maybe it is supposed to be similar to him.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 26, 2015, 10:03:35 am »

You also look like this guy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You know... considering what Seregios kinda does (shoot blades everywhere) and the name of all his quests (Dance of a Thousand Blades, 1000 Shimmering Swords, Seer of Swords). It seems pretty apt.

Edit: Aaaand... apparently you could play as Gilgamesh in Monster Hunter Frontier G. So maybe it is supposed to be similar to him.
I was thinking the same thing, actually! Too bad Gilgamesh is such a massive jerk, or I would actually like to pretend to be him.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 26, 2015, 10:52:24 am »

How can you not love someone who does this?
VERY EASILY.

... Though I have to admit, that was pretty damn funny.  :P Gonna stop polluting the thread with this nonsense now. I apologize to everyone who has no idea what the hell is going on.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 26, 2015, 03:23:32 pm »

Gilgamesh does seem to have a propensity for showing up in the nude quite often.  Speaking of the Fate/Stay stuff, I remember now that there's actually a Saber outfit in the Japanese Frontier version, probably an Archer set for dual blades as well (I'll check in a bit).

Stupid copyright laws and localization and stuff, why can't we cosplay too?  D:

EDIT:  Indeed!  They have Archer's armor (and dual blades), both swords that Saber uses (and her armor, of course), the nega-versions of those, Gilgamesh's armor and his lance (Gunlance in game), and Rider's set.

It isn't fair, I tell you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 03:27:48 pm by Karkov »

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 26, 2015, 11:02:18 pm »

Just recently unlocked high rank caravan quests, and I'm beginning to get the feeling that I should be using blue sharpness by now. I feel like all the blue sharpness stuff I can find is terrible though, so I've ended up exploiting attacks that don't bounce or basically never bounce. Also I should probably upgrade from nerscylla armor at some point, but eh.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 27, 2015, 01:16:28 am »

I was just beating some Seregios up for practice, and what do I get? 2 Dissenters carving from a single Seregios.
Spoiler: ayy (click to show/hide)

Now what can I use these for? I made the GS but I'm not really interested in any other Steve weapons. Maybe the LBG, HH, and/or bow.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 27, 2015, 02:02:31 am »

I'm fairly new to the series (started with 3) and I'd just like to observe how powerful the Charge Blade is. Surely that kind of power is illegal?
thincake

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 27, 2015, 02:41:34 am »

Different weapons do different things. A charge blade, while damaging, can't KO, or apply statuses well. Also, they have a fair amount of downtime between their harder-hitting attacks, so other weapons with better sustained damage can catch up.

At the very least, every weapon type is almost certainly usable to solo everything at the game, if you're good enough.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 27, 2015, 03:35:02 am »

I'm fairly new to the series (started with 3) and I'd just like to observe how powerful the Charge Blade is. Surely that kind of power is illegal?

Glaive Hunter 4 Charge Blade Edition.

Charge blade also has guard points which are tricky to use but if done right you can basically always kill never die huehue never even move unless the monster moves.

Personally I still like the great sword the best.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 27, 2015, 04:16:25 am »

Different weapons do different things. A charge blade, while damaging, can't KO, or apply statuses well. Also, they have a fair amount of downtime between their harder-hitting attacks, so other weapons with better sustained damage can catch up.

At the very least, every weapon type is almost certainly usable to solo everything at the game, if you're good enough.
Impact Charge Blades and Hammers literally exist to KO monsters. The CB can even KO monsters just by guarding. And they can apply statuses just fine. A Nerscylla sleep CB can sleep a G-rank Diablos in a few attacks. It's no different from a sleep greatsword. The problem with the status CBs is that they do significantly less damage.

The CB's weaknesses are:

1. Slow moving. Axe form is ridiculously slow moving.
2. Sheath time is long.
3. You can't cancel most attacks, especially big ones, leaving you open a lot.
4. Sharpness decreases like mad.
5. It's not a beginner-friendly weapon.
6. Very short range and most axe attacks have limited attacking arcs, making it easy to miss even stationary targets.
7. Elemental CB requires very good accuracy to be better than Impact.
8. There's too few choices of CB, making upgrades hard.
9. If you mess up your combo, you will spend an inordinate amount of time finishing off animations, making your DPS crap.

Honestly the biggest weakness of the CB is how hard it is to learn to use. I mean, look at this shit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxzwD4XnXRA&feature=youtu.be

However, it makes up for this complicated nature by being super duper strong.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 27, 2015, 07:29:03 am »

I second... all of that. Charge blade is frigging amazing when you use it right.

I also like greatsword better than most weapons, though. It's pretty glorious when you land repeated charge attacks. A friend and I once fought a Purple Gypceros (he used switchy, I used greatsword) and the poor thing spent most of the hunt on the ground. With a combination of mounting and buttloads of heavy damage leading to more knockdowns, we basically had it in a headlock.

So, yeah. All weapons in MH are really good. Some are better than others when you hit the top of their skill curve, but that doesn't mean you have to switch to charge blade to be considered effective.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 95