Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160209 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #675 on: March 23, 2015, 01:19:28 pm »

Oh, okay. I knew that. I was just really confused when umi said you could change 'em.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 23, 2015, 01:38:09 pm »

You do change him. If you look in the palico screen it will note his current palico type.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 23, 2015, 07:08:17 pm »

High rank Rathian isn't easier than pink Rathinan. The only high rank Rathian is the double hunt. You get like 2-3 mins before they're both in the same area. As amusing it is to see the other Rathian break parts of the one I'm fighting, it's significantly more troublesome when they're both alive.

Anyways, I got my spikes and my sword has almost double the poison. The next step of the upgrade is azure tail and rubies, those godforsaken rubies.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 23, 2015, 07:16:28 pm »

Whoops, assumed you were willing to do the guild hall capture one. In any case, it's too late.

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 23, 2015, 11:03:51 pm »

regarding the bombing palicos, they will intentionaly throw bombs at you, not accidently hit in your general area, tried bowgunning with them, palico runs from the monster to me just to throw a bomb at me when I was a good distance away.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 23, 2015, 11:05:51 pm »

regarding the bombing palicos, they will intentionaly throw bombs at you, not accidently hit in your general area, tried bowgunning with them, palico runs from the monster to me just to throw a bomb at me when I was a good distance away.
Lol.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 24, 2015, 01:10:46 pm »

You know, I think that might have something to do with the "traditions that annoy you but persist nonetheless" thing.
Cha-Cha was extremely good at hitting you with felvine bombs with the Felyne Mask (didn't play before third gen). Even with better AI, I imagine they wanted to keep the 'annoying, but extremely useful' aspect. Unless he did it on purpose before as well. I guess it's a conspiracy, just like the desire sensor and glitchy hitboxes.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 24, 2015, 04:56:12 pm »

Does anyone have any tips on how to farm Crimson Fatalis?

AFAIK he's only available in single player in his HR form but I need to farm that HR form because it's the only one that drops the specific eye. And to get that eye I need to break his face three times.

Unfortunately for me, I use a charge blade... I can't exactly reach his face easily. Even when I drop him down, to run to his head takes longer than it stays down.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 24, 2015, 05:13:35 pm »

It seems really really hard to break anything at all (maybe not the chest) before he just falls over and dies. I was focusing on nothing but his tail as a GS user (even though everything bounces off when he's not enraged) and it still never came off.

I did get a couple Bloodeyes, Bloodwings, and Bloodhorns from the quest rewards even though I didn't break jack though. I know Bloodhorns are also available from carves, but the other stuff probably isn't.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 24, 2015, 05:23:44 pm »

I'd say mount it, lure it near a cliff, constantly jump to its body, dont try to hit its tail or back legs though, i don't think that works.

Also, I took a break from playing for two days, come back, hunt the diablos, all 3 carves were large wyvern gem and the first reward of the quest screen was a large wyvern gem.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 24, 2015, 05:42:05 pm »

I don't think I can ever use SnS without Guard+2. No damage blocking plus mobility is amazing. If only I can get Guard UP with it and it would be perfect.

I seriously need an evasion set though so I can use all the other not shield weapons.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:47:21 pm by majikero »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 24, 2015, 06:11:16 pm »

Eyes obtained. Thanks for the tips guys.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 25, 2015, 04:23:38 am »

Argh. Egg quests, my only weakness.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 25, 2015, 09:28:43 am »

Argh. Egg quests, my only weakness.
Reference this.

Still won't allow you to climb faster in the Hollows but at least you can take a route up through area 6 and 7 which means you only have to climb up one wall to camp (dropping off area 7 would result in broken powderstone without Lander). Dunes you will still need to navigate the area as the shortcut from area 5 to area 8 causes you to ride the sandfall like a slide and fall over at the end (Haven't tested with Lander but I assume that's what happens)

Even so they're still a huge pain in the ass. I got a transporter talisman shortly after making my Loc-lac set so I just use ludroth armor with a transport talisman so I can get Marathon runner. Don't think I've run out of stamina before reaching camp with 150 stamina.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 25, 2015, 04:02:15 pm »

The
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
has screwed me over, though. Should've gone into that with more healing items first try - the range and general situation is...bleh. Inability to do other things after kind of sucks. Time to bash my head and/or swords into the problem until it goes away, I guess.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 95