Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160221 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #720 on: March 27, 2015, 05:27:59 pm »

If I remember correctly if you can break his back (mounting) then th heat gas will come out his back instead of his belly

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 27, 2015, 05:35:21 pm »

No no, he always does that.

In low and high rank he tends to vent the gas out of his top part. If he's going to vent it from below, you'll see little puffs of orange come out his arse while he's lasering.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 27, 2015, 06:48:27 pm »

I've been trying out the kinsect glaive. The kinsect Glaive is one of my favorite weapons now. My wallet hates it though.

Other than that, despite being a longsword user in 3U, I barely used it here, jumping between chargeblade, SnS, Lance. I still need to get a handle f the hunting horn at some point too. Hammers seem just as they were more or less in 3, so I've used it kinda when I wasn't in charge of cutting the tail off.

If I had to say something about the new weapons, I'd say that their upgrade trees are unfortunately limited. With kinsect glaives, what you see is what you get, just with bigger numbers, discounting the kinsect. Chargeblades tend to have a lot of trees with a lot less branches.

Man, I need to hunt so many more monsters now though D:

Kinda wish it was possible to retrain kinsects at least, since that's a lot of zenny and caravan points down the drain if you screw up anything.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 27, 2015, 07:22:13 pm »

I'll add a spoiler of what I think about the various weapon types in more detail, mind that I practically have 90% of my 3U games in SA and 90% of 4U in CB.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The limited upgrade options are very annoying for the new weapons, that's true, though I guess it helps make people use other types. Not that I need more than 2-3 weapons from one tree.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 27, 2015, 09:44:41 pm »

Just carved an earth dragongem off my second Dah'ren Mohran. After getting a plate from my second Rathian, I'm starting to fear for my luck. Also, S. Magala GS seems pretty great, so I guess I was wrong about my options for blue sharpness.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 27, 2015, 11:17:05 pm »

Smoke bomb, kill Zinogre

Kill Rajang

Kill S. Magala

EZ hunt EZ life.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 28, 2015, 07:15:37 am »

if the caravaneer's challenge gave you problems...there is one for the "high" rank, which is actually G rank, same deal, complete every quest from C1 to C10 and all other urgents.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 28, 2015, 08:10:11 am »

I've burned out from the game by getting my ass handed to me as a gunner. I need to cool off for a week to remove the habit I've built up to make the transition.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 28, 2015, 11:45:46 pm »

Blegh, I've been stuck at the "kill a B. Tigrex and get a Hardclaw" point for a while now.  I can't do it solo because G-rank is G-rank, and there was like a three day period where nobody was on the IRC, so my hardcore interest of the game has kinda waned.

If I'm not bull-in-a-china-shop progress, it's usually hard for me to keep interest for that long.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 28, 2015, 11:58:16 pm »

When the weekend comes around I basically have no interest/time to play until Tuesday, and even then depending on what else is going on I might not even open my DS.

Plus the whole "Okay what do I have to do to progress? Two black gravios? eehhhh..." *close*

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 29, 2015, 12:15:04 am »

It might help to post in here summoning people. I'd help you out myself, but I'm not at G rank Brute Tigrex level yet and it'd be a bit of a pain to get me up there just to farm.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 29, 2015, 12:29:01 am »

I kinda completed all the G2-rank stuff by myself already huehue.

Haven't bothering going into G3 yet though when there's still a lot more quests I haven't done in Guild 6 and 7 along with all the arena stuff. I recently discovered I really like arenas as they help me discover new ways to play while using my learned skills against monsters. For example, it's where you can see that your improvement is not because of gear but because of skill. I did a high rank stygian zinogre arena quest with some other random HR6 dude and I didn't get hit once. I know when I was in HR6, s. zinogre was quite tough and I had to heal nonstop.

Felt so freaking good. I want to do it with all the monsters so I can confirm my skill.

Also my current objective is to get the 1 million money achievement.

You guys need to trust in randoms more, fo' serious.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 30, 2015, 04:39:44 am »

Finally triple-carted a quest that wasn't the boat fight with Gore, after 25 hours.

It was Zinogre. Oh well...
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 30, 2015, 04:59:10 am »

Zinogre can be a pretty annoying fight honestly, though that might be me and my love of armor with poor lightning resist. It's worth keeping in mind that the HR6 one is a high rank one too. That was a fun quest. It also seems to be a way to make 20k zenny a run if you grab an ancient shard that turns into a rarity 4 weapon.

Still triple carting on high rank from time to time unfortunately, but glade I made it through the Boat Magala fight fine. Lately I find myself eating for defense if I face a monster for the first time to help me learn their patterns. Saved my skin with the Sergios fight. Now to do that one a few more times to get my hands on its delicious weapons and armor. It seems that the insect glaive pretty much trivializes the fight, coupled with my Pink Rathian armor, I don't get pushed around either, and triple color means I have enough earplugs to just ignore the screams, while the glaive vault means you jump over the wave of shrapnel scales. It's as though they wanted you to use one against them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 30, 2015, 05:10:40 am »

Too slow and defensive for solo play though.

The Lance played properly is high risk high reward. It has defensive options but that is more because it absolutely needs it because the Lancer goes right into the monsters line of fire in order to do the majority of its damage.

It is very possible to shine with it on single player... But frankly I can't think of a single weapon IN THE ENTIRE SERIES that is a harder weapon to use, properly, then the Lance.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 95