Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160205 times)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #630 on: March 19, 2015, 10:08:16 pm »

Back when I was playing 3u and I was contemplating what alternate weapons I would use for 4u's online portion I was thinking hunting horn or hammer.

Then I went switch axe =/

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 19, 2015, 11:30:12 pm »

I really need to make alternate weapons, but I'm not too keen on the idea of grinding for money.  Ah well, what must be, must be.  I'll probably opt for a longsword, was having fun with that thing earlier.

Also it totally fits this weird Samurai cosplay with the armor I'm rockin' right now.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 11:33:10 pm by Karkov »

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 19, 2015, 11:40:33 pm »

I really need to make alternate weapons, but I'm not too keen on the idea of grinding for money.  Ah well, what must be, must be.  I'll probably opt for a longsword, was having fun with that thing earlier.

Also it totally fits this weird Samurai cosplay with the armor I'm rockin' right now.
If you don't want to farm quests for money, ironically, you can use... the farm. Er, well, the trader. But it's basically the item farm. Spend your wealth of guild points farming might seeds or some other expensive item like that, and sell boatloads of them for zenny.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 19, 2015, 11:50:28 pm »

I'm not 100% sure but I think godbugs give a better zenny earned to CP spent ratio than nulberries or might seeds...?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 20, 2015, 12:37:47 am »

I'm wanting to go HBG for multiplayer but I really have no idea how to get into that.
Shoes...

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 20, 2015, 05:08:51 am »

Well, I got both the Deviljho Poogie costume and a Gore Magala mantle from the same expedition, and I'm not sure what I should use the latter on. Any ideas?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 20, 2015, 07:47:54 am »

Nintendo FINALLY fixed their(my?) shit. Downloading the game, so I'll be able to play for a while before I have to leave at 4, and then when I come back I will be able to play for HOURS.

Wheeeee.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 20, 2015, 08:36:44 am »

Rathalos... Mate buddy oldpal...
Can we talk about your moveset please...
When i fought you in your introduction hunt you were awesome, still are, your new attacks are so cool compared to MH3 and all that but can we talk about whats going on with this other hunt, your sudden ability to do a tail swipe after a charging swoop that you can do across different levels AND across the whole area? Or the fact that you can spit fire out of the SIDE OF YOUR MOUTH!!! Why are you doing this now, you were not just ONE HUNT AGO which I was grinding for some fun...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 20, 2015, 10:42:21 am »

Yeah, one of the most infuriating things is how no matter how far away from him you are it takes about half a second for him to hit you with his homing talon. This is deadly when you are across the map and think you're safe... NOPE! When you're very close to him it's not so bad because you expect to be in danger and it takes the same amount of time for him to hit something directly beneath him and something on the other side of the tower top, for example. If he could only move as quickly as when he does the flying charge it would be more reasonable.

As for the tail swipes, you just have to assume that any time he does the sideways reposition (dunno a better word for it) where he dips down and turns ~90 degrees and ends up at your side... just about every time he chains that into an untelegraphed tail backflip. The biggest BS though is when he just does the untelegraphed backflip at random.

Also, every time he roars he shoots a fireball right in front of his face as he takes off, so if you suspect he's going to roar get away from his face as fast you can. YOu also have to be careful about being sort of in front of him while he's in the air because he likes to do a midair side chomp that blasts a bunch of fire in front and below his face, similar to rathian's side bite while she's on the ground.
Still a more difficult fight than it was in 3u, but not necessarily for the right reasons...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 20, 2015, 10:47:55 am »

Wrong Tailswipe. Its the one he does after a Swoop like the Rathian's kind that poisons you.
I also mean that there was a few times that I was to his right moving around to attack his tail then suddenly I am on fire and he is still facing the other direction. He was literally spitting the fire our of the side of his mouth, it even did the bite animation afterwards in like an attempt to say, yeah he totally can do that now...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 20, 2015, 10:55:34 am »

That sounds a lot less like a fireball and more like the midair explosion bite he does.

I didn't find the corkscrew tail attack all that bad, at least I've never seen him do it while flying and the times he does it on the ground he sort of steps back a little and prepares for it. However the untelegraphed backflips are pretty bad because... well... untelegraphed.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 20, 2015, 11:00:16 am »

That sounds a lot less like a fireball and more like the midair explosion bite he does.
WAIT THATS A THING!!!
I have Never seen him do this before, FUCK Rathalos! Stop adding shit to your moveset...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 20, 2015, 11:06:19 am »

In lowrank rathalos/ian can't do the bite explosions. It's easiest to see Rathian do it when she's on the ground, it's that pathetic bite that has almost no reach and bites slightly to her left. Starting in high rank that attack will cause explosions in front of her. Rathalos has the same attack except it only happens in midair, so it can be difficult to see if your camera isn't looking at his face when you're too close to him. As far as I know silver rathalos can actually do both bite explosions. The thing that makes it dangerous is that it's hard to tell when he's going to do it while you're in range unless your camera is locked onto his face. Typically standing under his legs near his tail means you're safe, but standing to his sides  or below his face you might get nicked.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 20, 2015, 11:30:36 am »

Should I keep using poison or should I switch to blast? Dios stuff looks really cool but goddamn those marrow drop rates.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 20, 2015, 11:42:31 am »

WAIT THATS A THING!!!
I have Never seen him do this before, FUCK Rathalos! Stop adding shit to your moveset...
He always does this after a roar and he starts flying. If you're watching from a bit further away you can see it really clearly as it's a pretty huge explosion.

Basically if you're standing in the area in front of Rathalos when he roars, you have a milisecond to dodge away or superman dive. You're fine if you're standing by his side, though given how often he does his tail swipe, that's pretty dangerous.

When Rathalos is hovering in the air and you see he's looking at you, your best bet is to block. If you can't you need to time your dodge properly. Because the hover means he's either going to do the low flying soar (which isn't so bad but will knock you on your butt, leaving you open) or the poison homing strike.

Another attack to watch out for is he comes really close to you while hovering in the air. It means he wants to do his tail poison flip thing where he does a 360 in the air. Just run to the side or dodge or block.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 95