Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 160193 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #615 on: March 18, 2015, 12:38:32 pm »

This is what it looks like in game:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hate it so much.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 18, 2015, 12:39:37 pm »

Recently killed high rank Gore Magala with a friend. Got a nyctgem on the tail carve, felt like my luck was finally going to be better than his.
Nope. The lucky bastard got a nyctgem AND a plate in the quest rewards.

This is the same guy who got enough Rathian rubies to make Pink Rathian armor in a few hunts, and a Rathalos plate on his second try.

If this continues monsters will be the least of his worries; I'll throttle him myself.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 12:54:24 pm by Nighthawk »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 18, 2015, 02:34:08 pm »

It's awesome man!  The stripes pants are what really take it to the next level though.

In other weird looking armor related news, since I switched to greatsword I also finished up my legally obligated Diablos Armor.  Then I put on my 1-slot talisman and made seven gambit gems. 

Punishing Draw, Crit Draw, Quick Sheath, Tremor Res, Slow Sharpening which doesn't hurt me because Dios Blade has green for days.

this is me
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 18, 2015, 08:46:16 pm »

I switched out the decorations on my American FUTBALLLLLLL!!!! armor so I have Defense (L), guard +1, and Guard Up instead. Now the guarding is way more reliable and the armor feels a lot better as a result. I still dodge more than I block but it does mean that in a crisis situation, I have confidence that at least my block can protect me from death. For example "HOLY SHIT INCOMING LASER BLOCKKKK".

It also made some fights like the Tidal Nagarala ridiculously easy since it blocks his coil dive.

I know Guard +2 is great for lances as it means you can poke behind your shield with impunity, but on CB it feels really bad. When you don't get pushed back when you block it seems you just take tonnes of damage as it builds up in the same spot instead. With Guard +1 I seem to escape more situations than with Guard +2.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 19, 2015, 05:59:40 pm »

I keep getting Rathian plates without even trying. Clearly the great Poogie wants me to poison everything.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 19, 2015, 06:13:57 pm »

I haven't gotten any plates.  The chilling beak worked pretty well for me, ceanataur with tetsucabra gloves and some gems had me at Sharpener, Sharpness, and +Health until I got gud enough to not need it anymore, and my current setup is doing me fine in high rank.  What I love about greatsword is the weight it has.  Like when I'm using something lighter I feel like I'm not doing anything.  It's like chipping chipping chipping chipping am I even doing anything chipping chipping chipping oh it's dead.  With the greatsword, when you hit a monster you know he felt it. 

Speaking of which, anybody interested in powering to HR4 with me?  I'm at HR3 with Temper Tantrum down and the, uh, the community I'm hunting with is getting me down a bit.  I only need to get through to HR4 before I unlock the rest of the high rank singleplayer quests and can get back to upgrading my gear.  I'd be willing to help somebody through the earlier HRs as well.
Shoes...

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 19, 2015, 06:15:49 pm »

Sure but I'm still at HR2 actually.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 19, 2015, 06:22:06 pm »

We can do HR2 real quick too.

My gathering hall ID is 26-3797-6846-4999

Pop by whenever you're ready, I'll have it up while I'm doing other stuff.
Shoes...

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 19, 2015, 06:25:15 pm »

Hop on IRC, you can usually find people to hunt with there

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 19, 2015, 06:47:24 pm »

Your gathering hall is full though. You shouldn't be having problems with a full team at low rank.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 19, 2015, 06:48:52 pm »

We have two G rank people in here. I'm not even using my G rank stuff and we're destroying these guys.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 19, 2015, 09:26:59 pm »

The B12 band cheered on Majikero into HR3 today. We assisted by doing nothing but play terrible music.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 19, 2015, 09:33:59 pm »

You guys spoiled me with those horns.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 19, 2015, 09:37:11 pm »

You guys spoiled me with those horns.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of monsters, I shall fear no fainting:
For thou art with me; thy healing and thy buffs they comfort me.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 19, 2015, 09:59:27 pm »

I think from now on if we do a party of 4 and one of us is not hunting horn, I will be hunting horn.

The buffs are too good.

Also the damage is insane.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 95