Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 95

Author Topic: Monster Hunter Generations is out!  (Read 159997 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2015, 11:20:36 am »

I noticed that you could make gore megala weapons fairly early, but I thought they were dragon element... if the earliest one you can make causes frenzy then it's a hidden ability of some sort, or maybe it's just something further up the tree?
This is what I thought as well. It could have just been that the quest you decided to take the weapon on was scripted to become frenzied and you blamed the Gore weapon.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2015, 12:39:20 pm »

Finally got my copy!

Now I'm not sure what to do with my 3U. I guess I'll keep it for underwater fights.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 19, 2015, 12:41:25 pm »

underwater fights.
Ewww

Well, I suppose there's at least one person here that isn't so far behind everyone else XD I wanna play with a friend but he's already at 7 star village quests and I'm still at 5 star.

I also just had the worst Rathalos fight ever. I fought him before and did fine, but for some reason it seems like in that quest with rathalos and zinogre he's more agile or something. He seems to aim much better with his fireballs and he can pretty much chain stun me >__> I dunno.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 12:43:20 pm by OzyTheSage »

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 19, 2015, 12:54:35 pm »

My New MH4 3DS arrived... back at home. I don't go back for another 2 weeks.

And suddenly, thanks to the power of schadenfreude, I don't feel so bad about my 3DS having broken!

Seriously, though, it sucks to hear that.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 19, 2015, 01:37:06 pm »

XD

I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think that a jaggi just finished my Tigrex outbreak quest for me. Not a great jaggi, just a jaggi.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 19, 2015, 04:58:17 pm »

underwater fights.
Ewww
Did the majority of people really hate underwater fights? I found them pretty fun, especially when using bounce bombs.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 19, 2015, 05:01:37 pm »

underwater fights.
Ewww
Did the majority of people really hate underwater fights? I found them pretty fun, especially when using bounce bombs.

Monsters with that much better mobility, compounded by your moveset being less mobile for most weapons, are not fun.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 19, 2015, 09:27:48 pm »

Stupid sword axe thing. I keep falling back to SnS style every time I use it.

Also egg missions are actually fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 19, 2015, 11:11:40 pm »

underwater fights.
Ewww

Monsters with that much better mobility, compounded by your moveset being less mobile for most weapons, are not fun.

Weapons functioned entirely differently in water... But even if you found water fun, it was an extra dimension of gameplay I don't think improved the game in any significant fashion.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #99 on: February 20, 2015, 12:34:37 am »

Honestly playing charge blade as a "heavy SnS" style weapon and just using the axe form as a "monster is knocked over/trapped fuck him up" button has worked pretty well for me so far!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2015, 12:38:58 am »

Honestly playing charge blade as a "heavy SnS" style weapon and just using the axe form as a "monster is knocked over/trapped fuck him up" button has worked pretty well for me so far!
The tutorial also says that's what you're supposed to do. Stay in SnS form until shit happens (or your gauge thing lights up). Then pound ass with big axe and explosions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2015, 01:47:19 am »

In the end though I think the best weapon you can use in Monster Hunter is one you like.

I learned that the hard way when I tried to master the Lance back when it was overpowered.

No weapon, to my knowledge at least, is so underpowered or inept that even a team of 4 using the same weapon... couldn't beat every enemy in the game. Or heck even solo.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2015, 02:44:08 am »

In the end though I think the best weapon you can use in Monster Hunter is one you like.
Truer words were never spoken.

Anyway, I beat Shagaru Magala. Gonna work on clearing the rest of the LR caravan quests and then work on getting a Kirin or Garuga GQ to share.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2015, 04:00:01 am »

I learned that the hard way when I tried to master the Lance back when it was overpowered.

No weapon, to my knowledge at least, is so underpowered or inept that even a team of 4 using the same weapon... couldn't beat every enemy in the game. Or heck even solo.

This is true for basically anything.

In Tri, I think super Alatreon and Jhen were exceptions to this? But that was because you really needed to specialize in putting out as much damage as fast as possible regardless of risk to take them down solo, as well as just generally be /really good/ because they had ludicrous health pools.

Those aside, though, you could solo anything in the game with just about any weapon if you didn't mind it taking a while, and in fact Jaggi and Baggi were both killable by kicking them to death with a full party.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2015, 04:09:32 am »

This is true for basically anything

Naw, sometimes a game doesn't really support your play style and sometimes a game either makes the optimal strategy too great or the suboptimal strategy really dreadful.

Trying to force your desired play style through a game that doesn't support it can be unfun.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 95