Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Archipelago: Patron [SG]  (Read 14399 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Archipelago: Patron [SG]
« Reply #120 on: February 17, 2015, 01:06:28 pm »

((This stone can be filled with magic, though your people don't have very good forges so it would be difficult for them to do anything with the ore. This is this worlds version of adamantine.))
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2015, 01:11:04 pm »

((Just wanted to be sure.))
People: start researching the art of smithery.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 17, 2015, 02:23:33 pm »

-1 we need to put those spirits to rest. Otherwise everyone will be sad sad. :(

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2015, 03:57:20 pm »

((I already explained it, living stone is a less over powered adamantine but it's really hard to work with. Most people find it in a couple clumps but you have a mountains worth. It is called living stone because smiths think it's alive because of how versatile it is when forged properly. Spirits are ghosts of the deseased, they longer if not barried properly. If barried properly they go to the after life))
((You explained how it worked but not what it actually was. When something is called "liviing" it's expected that the thing is actually alive and I wanted confirmation either way. Thank you for explaining why it's called living stone.))

-1 we need to put those spirits to rest. Otherwise everyone will be sad sad. :(
Your day of remembrance lasts 1 day. Each turn lasts a year. Do we really want to waste an entire year on a one-day ceremony?

+1, but not just any smithery: magitek smithery. No other smiths from any other nation will have our unique smithing methods!

People: Along with necro have a bunch of lit candles and parade around the idol the new city. Our High Priest of the people will call out the name of the city and ask the spirits to pass from this world knowing that they will never be forgotten in our eyes or our people.

Repeat said funeral every year, once a day, calling it the Great Remembrance.
+1 to the ceremony but -1 to making it a yearly thing. We have no idea who they were or how their famine came about. We should talk to the spirits to find out what happened, record it, and then make a monument in the city to them. Besides a "Great Remembrance" should be about something really, really massive, not just the death of some half-forgotten city.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 17, 2015, 04:07:07 pm »

Military: The illusion mages are able to convey conversations to the tribes people but the sea serpents do not seem to want to surface to meet your people, they stay at least 6 meters from the surface at most times. The spirits have left after the burials, there are no more spirits left to talk to.
Government: The labor group begins repairing older buildings. The necro advises allowing the spirits to pass as they can be sporadic upon re entering a body.
People: The necro and some citizens who want to live in the new city hold a small celebration in the desolate city and place the new idol in it's center. Smithing is being researched.

((One turn can be anywhere from 3 months to a year))

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 17, 2015, 11:59:16 pm »

Military: build a fortress ((3 walls and a keep in the center)) for our troops outside of the capital and manned by our military. Decorative clockwork machines will embed the.sides of the walls.

Government: build a dirt road with our prison labor. Dirt roads with.signs for now.

People: Create social clubs where culture and philosophy are discussed.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2015, 12:07:24 am »

Military: build a fortress ((3 walls and a keep in the center)) for our troops outside of the capital and manned by our military. Decorative clockwork machines will embed the.sides of the walls.

Government: build a dirt road with our prison labor. Dirt roads with.signs for now.
-1. A fortress is not necessary and may give the tribes the wrong idea. We need the prisoners to make food. We're not great at food production at the moment.

Military: Begin creating a non-magical translation of the tribes' languages using magic to help make the translation

Government: Send ships out to explore the archipelago and perhaps find other cities to trade with.

People: Ask if they'd be ok with the idea of loaning the corpses of relatives to the government for labour. The family will be paid for the loan and will retain ownership of them.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2015, 12:11:50 am »

((I forgot about the note didn't i? Sorry lemme add that here))

You open up the note and read the message. It's an invitation for you to attend a meeting of the gods, one guest included. It gives no details at to what it is for but it does give the plane where it's being held

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2015, 12:49:12 am »

Go to the meeting with our friend.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2015, 10:27:58 am »

Ask him about the other gods and why his city starved.

Also yeah I can agree we need more food. Maybe we can have the Government send out our necro to use his undead workers to help work large plantations.

People: Can sell dead corpses of relatives for undead labor and be given preference for food in case of a food shortage.

Also maybe we can have our people INNOVATE a clockwork factory? A contest and money will be awarded to the winner and they'd be tasked with running that sector of the food program. Their family would keep the factories as inheritance or they may sell to a buyer.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2015, 10:53:44 am »

((Throwing out a hint, maybe it's not that you are running low on food (you've got enough that your storage is filled) maybe it's that you don't have much space in means of storage itself? You never asked to increase it so it's still just a few silos and storage houses filled to the brim with dried food.))

Your friend speaks up,"You know that moment when population goes past food production and your people are used to being lazy and don't construct new farms before starving? Ya they were stupid."

After this short exchange you take your new friend to the meeting, there is a UN style seating arangment with weaker gods up top and more powerful ones towards the bottom and a podium on the center floor for speaking. The desks aren't labeled but you find that you can't go much farther down than the third row of seating from the top. You find a nice desk and as you sit a blue aura emmits from the desk as the surface changes into winding gears. Your friend takes a seat next to you and his chair turns green with a dark green most emiting from it.
A god takes the podeum,"Hello friends, I have invited you here to introduce you as members of the council. All gods are invited and part of this group but you have a choice of being active. This place is where you make friends and find support for your works. Any questions?"

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 18, 2015, 11:08:18 am »

Maybe ask about those Sea Serpents?

EDITED
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:31:47 pm by 3man75 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2015, 01:49:22 pm »

In addition to this being a guild type thing will there be other purposes to this council? Governing ourselves in extremesituations for example.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 18, 2015, 01:52:17 pm »

What do you mean by governing yourself?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 18, 2015, 02:09:12 pm »

Like how the UN governs the participating countries when shit flies off the handle.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18