Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 94

Author Topic: D&D 5e: The Tyranny of Dragons. IC Thread: A Much Delayed End.  (Read 119969 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Mirella looked over at the Johanna, barely on her feet, as she struggled to lift the hammer.  "Johanna, keep back and use your spells to get these people to safety.  I shall keep them busy."

Stepping forward, she brandished her quarterstaff intimidatingly.  "Cultists, invaders.  You'll have to defeat me if you wish to lay a hand on these people."

If Sweetpea's attack eliminates the unarmed cultist, move to P3 and attack the Kobold.  If it does not, move to P2 and attack the unarmed cultist.  Shield is again equipped, wielding the quarterstaff one-handed.

OOC: Posting a conditional early since the earlier attacks haven't been run yet and I tend to be a bit spotty on weekends.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack roll: 6+6, Success! 6+4 damage!)
Sweetpea lazily draws back her bow and lets fly an arrow that hits the unarmed cultist in the center of his chest. They collapse with gurgle.
Arwen reconsiders his action and decides to instead close distance and attack next turn, throwing a handaxe in the meantime.
(Attack roll at disadvantage: 15 and 10+6, Success! 3+4 damage!)
Arwen whipped out a handaxe and sends the steel spinning head over handle into the shoulder of the cultist with the lizards, which look like this.
(Attack roll: 3+5, Failure!)
Sadly, the kobold steps to the side as you jab at them. They take the opportunity and lunge forward...

(Attack roll: ... Success! 3 damage!)
their knife finding a gash in your chain on your left arm!
(Attack roll: ... Failure!)
The cultist side maneuvers around the kobold, and slashes at you with their sword, but you bring your staff back up wildly and deflect it.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It is Johanna's turn.
Map.
Spoiler: Party Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Townsfolk clear from the fighting: 0.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Johanna's vision cleared slightly, and she felt the currents of magic coming back to her senses.

Dying as she was, she couldn't think of anything more to say than "Raaaaagh!"

Action: Firebolt at the Cultist1, then retreat to H8!

+5 tohit, 1d10 fire damage
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack roll: 13+5, Success! 7 damage!)
The wizard's bolt of fire strikes the cultist in torso, setting their robes alight.

The cultist with the drakes slowly closes distance, and barks a command in Draconic* to Drake 1 , and it pads off in a different direction from the rest of its pack. The cultist and the other drake stop a short distance from Arwen, the cultist pulling their sword up, ready to swing, and the drake dropping, ready to spring defensively.

The townsfolk continue to press against each other in an attempt to escape the fighting.

It is Sweetpea's turn.
Map.
Townsfolk clear from the fighting: 5.
Spoiler: Draconic* (click to show/hide)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Arrow Lizard 1
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack roll: 9+6, Success! 6+4 damage!)
Sweetpea hits the drake in the head, ellicting a growl from the beast, but it continues to plod forward, unperturbed.

It is Arwen's turn.
Map.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen's gonna take one side step, and one diagonal step to find himself at O15, and strikes the Lizard with his blade, while shouting in Draconic!

<"SIT.">

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Mirella flinched away from the attack, but brought the staff around for another try. 

Attack Kobold

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack roll: 13+6, Success! 10+4 damage!)
Arwen, with a deft swing, smacks the drake, and shouts at it. (Animal Handling: 17+0, Success!) With a yelp, it firmly plants its haunch on the ground.
(Attack roll: 18+5, Success! 8+3 damage!)
With the focus that only comes from a previous failure, Mirella smashes her staff into the kobold's throat, and it crumples to the ground.

(Attack roll: ... Failure!)
The last cultist to the north, having watched their comrades drop like rocks, makes a desperate slash at the cleric... completely failing.

It is Johanna's turn.
Map.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Action: Firebolt at the Cultist1, then retreat to H8!

+5 tohit, 1d10 fire damage

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack roll: 8+5, Success! 9 damage!)
Johanna flings a massive ball of fire at the cultist, and they go down in a spray of blue/orange flames.

Spurred on by Sweetpea's arrow, Ambush Drake 1 dashes around the building and charges into the midst of the fleeing townspeople. The other and the accompanying cultist carefully close distance with Arwen.
(Attack rolls: Cultist: ... Fails! Ambush Drake: ... Fails!)
The cultist's swing is deflected by Arwen's shield while he keeps the drake at bay with his sword.

The townsfolk nearest to the drake tries to slowly edge by, but is bowled over by the crowd behind him, just as eager to escape. The drake leaps forward, biting at one of the townsfolk. The rest surge past him, but since he is in the way, their progress is slowed.
It is Sweetpea's turn.
Map.
Townsfolk clear from the fighting: 10.
Townsfolk count as difficult terrain.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"H-Hey, mutt! Leave them alone!"

Use a move action and the rogue bonus move actio nto move to B17, then shoot the Lizard in the back of the head!

This may have been a bad idea...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Attack roll: 8+6, Success! 1+1+4 damage!)
Sweetpea plants an arrow solidly in the back of the creature's head, but it seems relatively unfazed. Apparently that area has heavy plating. Still, it hurt, so it makes an about face and begins to plod towards the elf.

It is Arwen's turn.
Map.
Townsfolk clear from the fighting: 10.
Note: Townsfolk count as difficult terrain.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sweatpea gulped nervously as the creature, seemingly uncaring about it's new head ornament, began padding towards her. She lifted her hand.
"N-Nice lizard?" she tried hopefully.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Arwen's gonna stab the cultist while barking at the other lizard. Can't have it attacking Sweetpea...

<"HEEL.">
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 94