Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33129 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 11
« Reply #555 on: February 17, 2015, 06:14:54 am »

Unloading cargo probably counts as Manufacturing & Building but honestly that's just a guess. (Not sarcasm.) Rereading the update I see that it gives a +20/autosuccess for whatever it does. Considering its context of being a prototype I'm guessing it'll just give us a +20. I dunno, maybe we can send it to pick up the D&DV this turn. In the event of a critfail we can't let it destroy the CCC. Alright then, we'll go with VoidSlayer's suggestion of having it pick up the D&DV. We'll have to take 1 guy off R&R to do it but sure. (We could theoretically take them from raw manpower but those guys have a lot of jobs and we can't afford to take them away.)

Manufacturing & Building
[]Exosuit Constructors(one destroyed, one damaged(0/50), offline)
 Continue unloading and covering cargo(23/50) if fixed (1 manpower) (-10 Diggy Diggy Hole)

[]Damage Control & Machine Shop

[]Small Cargo Hauler (+20, 3 manpower, weapons, prototype(-20))
 Go to the D&DV pod to unload the vehicles and bring them back (the spare guys we brought back will drive them), getting visual data on the planet's flora, fauna, and bug-life on the way there and back
 Explore the area around the ship to get visual data on the planet's flora, fauna, and bug-life
 Rollover to exploring the planet in the direction of where the ship crashed to look for ship parts and get visual data on the planet's flora, fauna, and bug-life

Engineering
[]VR CAD(4 manpower)
 Continue work on underground complex design (71/200) (1 manpower)
 Design reactor that runs on Chiron's atmosphere (output = water+electricity) (1 manpower) (Engineering autosuccess) (Maybe we can get a hero out of this?)
 Subsurface survey equipment (1 manpower)
 Life Sciences Laboratory (1 manpower, Lisa(+20))

Repair & Maintenance
[]Damage Control & Machine Shop (3 manpower)
 Repair exosuit
 Rollover to making subsurface survey equipment

Scouting & Exploration
[]Small Cargo Hauler

Other
[]Raw Manpower (24 manpower, weapons)
 Make/Scan with the SSE
 Rollover to going to the CCC pod and return with the CCC and the Seed Bank, getting visual data on the planet's flora, fauna, and bug-life on the way there and back
 Rollover to exploring the planet in the direction of where the ship crashed to look for ship parts and get visual data on the planet's flora, fauna, and bug-life
 Rollover to R&R

[]R&R (1 manpower)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 06:39:48 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 17, 2015, 06:38:09 am »

The cargo truck needs a crew of two normally.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 17, 2015, 06:43:04 am »

This light cargo hauler requires a driver and a crane operator

If cargo hauler is just used to haul cargo, only 2 crew is requied
It only needs two if it's using the crane. We have 3 people in the LCH so there shouldn't be a problem unloading the D&DVs. Once they're unloaded, the crane operator and its friend can hop out and drive the D&DVs with the LCH back to base.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 17, 2015, 06:53:53 am »

I still think we should keep the crane operator on the truck, because when we get the miners back we probably want to start mining somewhere, atleast for materials.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 17, 2015, 01:33:42 pm »

{Small Cargo Hauler completed! M&C slot unlocked. If cargo hauler is just used to haul cargo, only 2 crew is requied and most such actions would be an automatic success(or +20 depending on context). Can be used for construction in conjunction with an additional 4 crew workparty at a +10 bonus. -20 to first month's used for untested prototype}

So if we just haul cargo it is not a construction action so would not get the -10 dig dig penalty.  If Tryrar still needs to roll for it then it would be at +0 base, or it would be an auto success.

Why not design and build the survey equipment this turn while hauling cargo back, then use the truck for surveying next turn with a mass manpower action assisting and building the digging machines, then the turn after that we can start digging.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 17, 2015, 02:04:41 pm »

My look at Anna leading the cargo hauling has it at +10 or +20, either it is construction and she gets a bonus to that, or it is not construction and dig dig does not count.

We should wake up a few more people to our food limit to allow us to have some R&R and raw manpower actions.

Again, food is the man limiter here, if we had some kind of farming set up we could wake up everyone right now.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 10:17:02 pm by VoidSlayer »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 17, 2015, 03:18:51 pm »

*Ahem*

Manufacturing & Building' is all about constructing new equipment, such as vehicles, bots, special components, structurally reinforcing caverns, building transportation tubes, habitation domes, houses, factories, full-scale recycling plants and so forth. It also includes hauling stuff around. Each slot can accommodate a single project. That not enough? Expand your industry.

Bolded emphasis mine

Anyways, about the hauler crew, what I meant is that if you're hauling cargo around, you only need the driver and crane operator, nobody else; only extra crew is needed if you want to build things. By the way, simply hauling the D&DV crates back would be hauling, but assembling them into a functional vehicle that can drive back is construction(and requires 6 manpower rather than the 2)

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 17, 2015, 03:20:56 pm »

Ah, so the D&DV have to be assembled. I thought it was just unloading them. Thanks for the clarification.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 17, 2015, 03:28:55 pm »

I think I did remember to add a clarification previously that everything is assumed to be in easy-to-assemble components stuffed into standard size 1 shipping crates
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 17, 2015, 03:30:58 pm »

Right, looking through the parts I see they're bigger than I thought. Oops. :P
Spoiler: Changed a few things (click to show/hide)
First of all, I think it's a good idea that you put the burn guy specifically in the medbay to recover. Besides that, I've changed a few things. First, I took one guy off making the underground complex and putting him in R&R. Secondly, I redistributed the extra guys from the LCH and put 3 of them into Raw Manpower and I put the spare in R&R. I changed what the LCH will do in regards to its second action: it will now do normal exploration. Lisa will now occupy one of the VR CAD pods. This'll allow her to use her +20 bonus instead of her +10 bonus and get a +5 from VR CAD. Raw Manpower is now in charge of building the SSE as well as using it due to the fact that no one else will. I've also given them some rollover actions once they complete that action. I cancelled waking up 5 more people because we're at maximum support capacity and we haven't even started to build a farm. Finally, I've changed the order of what we should do with the DCMS.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 03:36:12 pm by Andres »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 17, 2015, 03:52:46 pm »

Alright, looking at that mess of queues and bonuses you made, I'm going to institute a hard policy: One project per slot per month. If rollover happens, that applies next month, and in case of M&C only anything that a slot conversion can be used for(other cases if you can make a good case why something in a different slot should use rollover). Otherwise this would be one long headache trying to figure out which bonus applies to this project, and what project should be rolled over into where.

Also, two other things; the autosuccess is only applicable for a project that is 100 difficulty or less, that Lisa works on herself(rollover applies per slot, remember? I think I already had this as a policy). As for a reactor that only uses the atmosphere, if you're talking about taking in the air and just producing water+oxygen(as well as trace byproducts), then sure, that's already a design. If you're talking about producing power while producing these byproducts, hahaha no. The atmosphere is your standard O2-N-CO2 mix, with no real volatile trace elements in any quantity appreciable enough to power such a reaction. If you want power other than fusion, wind, or solar at this point, you'll need to find a vein of coal or natural gas or something.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 17, 2015, 04:24:23 pm »

Alright, just do everything at the top of the lists then. As for engineering, do this:
Engineering
[]VR CAD(3 manpower)
 Design reactor that runs on Chiron's atmosphere (output = water+oxygen) (1 manpower, Lisa) (Engineering autosuccess)
 Subsurface survey equipment (2 manpower)

We have 4 available pods to use so it makes sense to me that we're able to work on multiple projects at the same time.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 17, 2015, 04:26:02 pm »

Design reactor that runs on Chiron's atmosphere (output = water+oxygen)

If you're talking about producing power while producing these byproducts, hahaha no.

You may have missed that :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 17, 2015, 04:29:26 pm »

As for a reactor that only uses the atmosphere, if you're talking about taking in the air and just producing water+oxygen(as well as trace byproducts), then sure, that's already a design.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 17, 2015, 04:32:50 pm »

Thanks for the clarification. I think the word 'reactor' was throwing me off, when you just wanted an atmosphere separator :P

Edit: That does leave me curious why you want to go through the trouble of grabbing oxygen and water from the atmosphere when there's a much easier source of both nearby, with the only issue is logistical concerns being on how to transport water 4200+ meters up a cliff(besides filtering, of course).
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:47:01 pm by tryrar »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48