Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48

Author Topic: Outpost Delta Turn 13  (Read 33072 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outpost Delta Turn 11
« Reply #585 on: February 17, 2015, 07:11:48 pm »

Hrm, if you scavenge a few cryotanks for re-purposing as cloning tanks, some advanced parts as the control circuitry and computer, and the seed bank, as well as some welded together scrap for the framing and the database, you can have the LSL right now, no design required. If you want a General Scientific Complex which the LSL would be a part of, that's a little more ambitious and would probably be out of the autosuccess range

Edit@ninjaedit:I know there is in fact scientific basis for transmutation of elements, but that is a little beyond your current resources(you're getting into some pretty high-energy physics, especially if you want materials in usable quantities.) This would require at LEAST a substantially greater power source than currently, and would need a lot of parts. The plans also don't fall under the autosuccess(maybe I should just switch back to a straight 100 rollover at this point?)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 07:17:20 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 17, 2015, 07:44:22 pm »

The plans also don't fall under the autosuccess(maybe I should just switch back to a straight 100 rollover at this point?)
No please don't.

What about a mobility suit? It improves running speed and comes with both a jetpack and some pressurized, waist-mounted grappling hooks. (Think Attack on Titan.) It would be great for exploring the jungle and the rift.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 17, 2015, 07:50:10 pm »

...you're starting to go too anime, and that's still outside the autosuccess
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 17, 2015, 08:08:56 pm »

Andres, repairing a broke suit is a 50 point project, the truck was a 75 pt, fixing the workshop was 100pt, and the digging design is 200pt.

Think of it along those lines.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 17, 2015, 08:39:44 pm »

Can we at least design a bigger, less-prone-to-bursting-into-flames exosuit?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 17, 2015, 08:42:32 pm »

We dont really need a bigger one, and the burst into flames was after 40 years in space and now work on a planet its not designed for.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 17, 2015, 08:47:10 pm »

We dont really need a bigger one, and the burst into flames was after 40 years in space and now work on a planet its not designed for.
Exosuits don't come with the Rugged Technology trait. Also, exosuits are designed to be atmospherically sealed so they're designed to work on most planets, including this one. Finally, while we don't need a bigger exosuit it would be greatly advantageous to have one. Since it's a dedicated constructor exosuit it might even get us a better bonus than the LCH.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 17, 2015, 08:50:11 pm »

Tehe flames was due to uncaught damage from the crashlanding(and a critfail). Generally, ANYTHING can catch on fire if something goes wrong with the roll(and is flammable in some way)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 17, 2015, 08:57:06 pm »

How about if Rugged Technology decreases the severity of damage when a critfail happens? If the exosuit was made of Rugged Technology, for example, its pilot would've only got 1st degree burns and repairing it would only be a difficulty of 25, despite the roll being just as bad.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:35 pm »

Rugged tech is a ship-only mod, sorry

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 17, 2015, 09:12:00 pm »

I was about to be depressed but then I remembered another thing we would've inevitably built! Huzzah! :D

Engineering
[]VR CAD(3 manpower)
 MORE EFFICIENT Solar Panels (X manpower)
 Subsurface survey equipment (X manpower)

Apply Lisa and the autosuccess to whichever is more difficult and apply 2 manpower to the other.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 17, 2015, 09:16:13 pm »

Current solar panels have an efficiency of 30%. You'll need to come up with a reason they can exceed this :P. Plus you can use the river for hydroelectric power....

But yeah, Subsurface scanning equipment would be around 100 if you want excellent detail on what they find

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 17, 2015, 09:17:17 pm »

Let's just build the LSL and survey equipment, we can use our spare manpower there.  Then we can start researching the native grass and surveying for minerals.  Once we have minerals we can build things, once we have knowledge oft he grasses we can learn if we can biodegrade them into plastics/raw hydrocarbons/other chemicals/nutritional food.

Also alchemy is perfectly possible, but it often involves high mass atoms being hit this radiation to form radioactive elements.  It might be a necessary part of an advanced industrial base, particularly with fusion reactors to power it, but we are not gonna be able to make hydrogen out of oxygen.

As for transporting water, all we need is a 4 km long 2 km wide corkscrew.  We brought one of those right?

Solar thermal can currently get up to 40%, but that needs somewhere between a crap-ton and an ass-load of mirrors.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:20:36 pm by VoidSlayer »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 17, 2015, 09:19:40 pm »

No, but get some iron and that can be easily made in sections :P(unless you're not being serious, which I suspect)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 17, 2015, 09:22:42 pm »

No, but get some iron and that can be easily made in sections :P(unless you're not being serious, which I suspect)

There are some low tech solutions to water transport we could certainly use.  A corkscrew stack pump is um... just dwarfy enough for this forum I think.

LSL for now though.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 48