Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 18659 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Day 1 - The Party Gets Started [5/5]
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2015, 03:01:39 pm »

Scapheap: If we managed to lynch a scum player on D1, how would that influence your play in day 2?
If it was Deathsword, I'll would follow my gut since it seem to know the score. If not, I don't know...
He seems to be putting a heck of alot of trust in his "gut" without having any tangible evidence.

I see three options.
1. Scapheap is Godfather, Deathsword is goon. Scapheap is trying to get him lynched to look good. I don't think this is likely because Deathsword and him would reherse it better in the mafiachat.

2. Scapheap is Goon, Deathsword is godfather. Scapheap is acting very scummy and Deathsword has voted for him to look good.

3. Scapheap is either godfather or goon, Deathsword is Vanilla Townie. Scapheap just wants to get rid of somebody. I find this unlikely because then Deathsword would just vigkill him.

Option 2 seems the most likely to me.

Hypocrite. It seems like you have a gut feeling on that one, because you have no way of showing that either that's more likely, or the other two are less likely.

What if scapheap is town? Deathsword would most likely be scum in this instance.

What if Deathsword is town? Foolishly throwing around his vote, based on scapheap's gut feeling. Like I said, all he has said is he has suspicions, and hasn't acted on them.

Deathsword seems more likely to be scum at this point, because it feels like a pre-emptive OMGUS vote on scapheap's gut feeling, so he won't put any more pressure on him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2015, 03:12:36 pm »

Baesd on what i've read from other vengeful mafia games on this forum and others, these options seem the most likely.
Hector, are you saying that you trust scapheap's gut feeling more than you do character and game analysis?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2015, 03:14:07 pm »

game analysis?
Can you claim that when it still the first day?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2015, 03:17:58 pm »

I don't trust scapheap's feeling anymore than I like Deathsword for voting on it.

game analysis?

+1

You need information to analyse, of which we have next to nothing.

The scenarios you set forth all assume that Scapheap is scum, which isn't a bad thing to do, but you seem to discount the possibility that he's town.

I'm not saying he is, but I'm not saying he isn't either. We all seem to be focusing on his gut feeling, which is probably good seeing as it's the only thing that he's really brought forth, but to say he's scum because of it? Not enough information.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2015, 03:32:02 pm »

scapheap: No editing.

Votecount:
*origamiscienceguy - (0)
*TheDarkStar - (0)
*hector13 - (0)
*Deathsword - TheDarkStar (1)
*scapheap - Deathsword (1)
Not voting: origamiscienceguy, hector13, & scapheap

3 to hammer.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 04:02:03 pm by Jack A T »
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2015, 03:38:42 pm »

Baesd on what i've read from other vengeful mafia games on this forum and others, these options seem the most likely.
Hector, are you saying that you trust scapheap's gut feeling more than you do character and game analysis?

Also, how much influence do you think that previous Vengeful Mafia games are going to have on this one, especially considering scapheap wasn't actually in them?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2015, 03:41:59 pm »

game analysis?
Analysis of other Vengeful Mafia games.

Also, how much influence do you think that previous Vengeful Mafia games are going to have on this one, especially considering scapheap wasn't actually in them?
Since this game is extremely simple with only a limited amount of options for mafia and town, I think that other game analysis is extremely relevant.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2015, 03:47:37 pm »

Then you're making the assumption that those games will influence this game. They might, but not as much as this game will influence this game.

Question people! Make them crack! KILL THE SCUM!

Anyway, people know you've been looking at the previous games now, so will go out of their way not to make the mistakes the scum made in those games. So now they have no relevance at all to this one :P

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2015, 04:37:41 pm »

But everything before my statements could be scum-tells, or if I see a change in strategy, that could be for that reason.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2015, 04:48:02 pm »

But everything before my statements could be scum-tells, or if I see a change in strategy, that could be for that reason.

I don't know what you mean :o :(

Also, scapheap, you're not really doing anything to either confirm your gut feeling to be true or false, why not?

Also, why aren't you voting for Deathsword until you see other's viewpoints? Are you worried over how others see you? Why?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2015, 05:02:21 pm »

Also, scapheap, you're not really doing anything to either confirm your gut feeling to be true or false, why not?
I was preparing dinner so I didn't want to put something down while my mind was on other things. Also, I don't know if my gut feeling is true or not. The way Deathsword is acting make me think it true, but the only thing it been right around was that one bus(I got on the next bus quarter of an hour later and past the first bus which had crashed. Everything thing else, nothing came of them.)

Also, why aren't you voting for Deathsword until you see other's viewpoints? Are you worried over how others see you? Why?
I guessing that once you voted, you can't change so I didn't want to vote then and then have someone do something or drew attention to something that made me go "wait a second..."

But nothing came up so Deathsword.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2015, 05:11:02 pm »

Well, that escalated quickly.

I'm inclined to vote scapheap for that, I don't think there's enough evidence to vote anyone at this point, so the fact that we're 1 hammer away from Deathsword being lynched is unpleasant, but then I also worry origami might be scum too, so he would have his pick of who to hammer.

Not enough information on DarkStar or Origami to be happy with reads at this point. Origami doesn't like asking questions, DarkStar, in the one game I played with him, essentially hammered me on D1, but without a very good reason, which is similar what is happening now... and he was scum in that game.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2015, 05:28:47 pm »

We had nearly two pages, it seem to escalate rather slowly to me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2015, 05:36:19 pm »

Quicker than I expected :P

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2015, 05:42:03 pm »

Scapheap  you seem to want to push your own agenda against Deathsword, with the only evidence being his vote for you. While this is suspicious, I must remind you that you basically forced him to vote for you, or else he would get all kinds of heat.
You say that you find DS scummy. You got that from one post. You still won't say what it was that made you suspicious of him - what phrase was it in his post?
He being very 'Hey guys, look how odd scap being' without committing to it. It rubbed me the wrong way.
scapheap, is this commitment enough for you?
You basically put him in a no-win situation and for that I am bassically voting for you, but not yet, in case the mafia decides to hammer you.

On that note, TheDarkStar, Scapheap, and Deathsword, why are you voting already? A Fos is perfectly acceptable to show that you are voting. At this point, a mafia or a clueless VT could easilly hammer Deathsword.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13