Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Game Over - Town Victory  (Read 18624 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Vengeful Mafia 9.5: Day 1 - The Party Gets Started [5/5]
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2015, 03:37:22 am »

An FoS, or Finger of Suspicion, basically just means that someone suspects you of being scum, but not enough to vote for you.

In this game, I think we're using it instead of a vote because of the nature of the game (1 townie randomly voting for someone else could result in the two scum players immediately voting for that player too, resulting in an early town mislynch)

What makes you suspect Deathsword so early, though?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2015, 03:53:25 am »

Only a gut feeling, no actual proof.

And back to the dark star: No hard feeling toward you, could be anyone at this point. Voting for me on the other hand, we going to have a problem.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2015, 10:03:14 am »

Deathsword: How do you feel about my gut?
I feel like you are a victim of indigestion.

Your posts seem to indicate you want me lynched. Why are you only relying on your gut and not trying to build a case?

And back to the dark star: No hard feeling toward you, could be anyone at this point. Voting for me on the other hand, we going to have a problem.
Why would TDS voting for you be a problem? Will this mark him as scum? What if he finds a reason to genuinely believe you to be scum?

OSG: Why no rvs questions?
RVS in this kind of game seems extremely risky, I wanted to get my facts straight before I asked questions
Deathsword,why do you think my lack of questions is significant 1 hour after the game just started? Also, why is my name blue, does that mean you are fosing me? (I honestly don't know, please enlighten me)
RVS can still be done with FoS, as seen by what I and TDS did. RVS gets the game going. Not doing RVS makes it less likely to get anything out of anyone. So instead of a random vote, I random FoS'd.

Deathsword: Do you think a scum player will be more likely to push a mislynch or be the hammer? Give reasons for your answer.
Depends. If the hammer would cause the scum to instantly win, then of course they'd hammer, because why wouldn't they. If not, I imagine scum would try to push a mislynch, as dropping the hammer makes you the focus of everyone's attention, especially if it's a mislynch.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2015, 10:18:03 am »

Your posts seem to indicate you want me lynched. Why are you only relying on your gut and not trying to build a case?
I don't want you lynched, my gut want you lynched, there a key difference.
Why would TDS voting for you be a problem? Will this mark him as scum? What if he finds a reason to genuinely believe you to be scum?
If he vote for me, I could get lynched, which would be a problem for me at least. If he scum, then it become the town problem. If he town, then it become a problem for him too. Thus we.

Also, I'm going to FoS you since you seem to be trying to throw me in a bad light. Deathsword. At least TDS is upfront about it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2015, 11:05:04 am »

Only a gut feeling, no actual proof.

You say that you find DS scummy. You got that from one post. You still won't say what it was that made you suspicious of him - what phrase was it in his post?

I don't want you lynched, my gut want you lynched, there a key difference.
If he vote for me, I could get lynched, which would be a problem for me at least. If he scum, then it become the town problem. If he town, then it become a problem for him too. Thus we.

Also, I'm going to FoS you since you seem to be trying to throw me in a bad light. Deathsword. At least TDS is upfront about it.

Why do you keep buddying me? With basically zero evidence, you're painting DS as bad and me as good. Why?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2015, 11:05:23 am »

EBWOP:

TheDarkStar: If you are lynched and you are town, who would you revenge kill?

I've answered this question already.

TDS: How would you use a vengekill?

If I didn't suspect anyone before and then got lynched, I would vengekill the hammerer. If I suspected someone enough to offset that, I'd shoot them.

This is lazy. My FoS is staying where it is.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2015, 11:47:55 am »

You say that you find DS scummy. You got that from one post. You still won't say what it was that made you suspicious of him - what phrase was it in his post?
He being very 'Hey guys, look how odd scap being' without committing to it. It rubbed me the wrong way.
Why do you keep buddying me? With basically zero evidence, you're painting DS as bad and me as good. Why?
Keep? I haven't buddied you once and I'm not painting you as good, you could be mafioso, acting as the fall guy for D2 when I turn out innocent or a unwitting townie who going to a nice scapegoat next turn.

Calling it now, you are not godfatherI think

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2015, 11:49:57 am »

He being very 'Hey guys, look how odd scap being' without committing to it. It rubbed me the wrong way.
scapheap, is this commitment enough for you?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2015, 11:55:09 am »

scapheap, is this commitment enough for you?
Yes.

I still suspect you, but I'll hold off voting for others viewpoints.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2015, 12:53:55 pm »

Keep? I haven't buddied you once and I'm not painting you as good, you could be mafioso, acting as the fall guy for D2 when I turn out innocent or a unwitting townie who going to a nice scapegoat next turn.

Calling it now, you are not godfatherI think

Ok, I understand now.

Deathsword,, why did you vote for scap for such a small reason?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2015, 01:30:37 pm »

Deathsword, you do seem to be quick to vote for scapheap, very early in the game. He has said it wasn't anything specific that made him suspect you, that it was a gut-feeling and he hasn't actually tried to convince anyone you're scum by building a case. He hasn't even voted you, just been explaining that he thinks your susicious, which isn't inherently scummy.

What's that all about, eh?

Also DarkStar, is Deathsword's pre-emptive OMGUS enough to convince you that he's scum? If so, why?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2015, 02:31:27 pm »

Scapheap

Your "gut" seems to be extremely informed about the situation. This could be that you are a godfather trying to get your mafia goon lynched and get us to trust you, or you could be trying to act scummy to get your godfather to look trustworthy, or you are just trying to lynch someone who you know isn't mafia. All three of these indicate that you are scum
origamiscienceguy: What song are listening to right now?
I normally don't listen to music unless i'm in my car. And then I only listen to Christian Radio.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2015, 02:35:33 pm »

It could just be that he has early suspicions. He hasn't acted on them, nor has he built a case on them. He might not even be sure of them himself.

I don't like that people have voted early. It's anti-town, though I'm more inclined to see Deathsword as scum for it because he seems to be voting scapheap because he has a "gut feeling".

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2015, 02:53:11 pm »

Scapheap: If we managed to lynch a scum player on D1, how would that influence your play in day 2?
If it was Deathsword, I'll would follow my gut since it seem to know the score. If not, I don't know...
He seems to be putting a heck of alot of trust in his "gut" without having any tangible evidence.

I see three options.
1. Scapheap is Godfather, Deathsword is goon. Scapheap is trying to get him lynched to look good. I don't think this is likely because Deathsword and him would reherse it better in the mafiachat.

2. Scapheap is Goon, Deathsword is godfather. Scapheap is acting very scummy and Deathsword has voted for him to look good.

3. Scapheap is either godfather or goon, Deathsword is Vanilla Townie. Scapheap just wants to get rid of somebody. I find this unlikely because then Deathsword would just vigkill him.

Option 2 seems the most likely to me.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2015, 02:53:38 pm »

Scapheap

Your "gut" seems to be extremely informed about the situation. This could be that you are a godfather trying to get your mafia goon lynched and get us to trust you, or you could be trying to act scummy to get your godfather to look trustworthy, or you are just trying to lynch someone who you know isn't mafia. All three of these indicate that you are scum
Scapheap would you be hesitant to put a hammer on somebody early on the day?
Assuming that mean vote, I have a bad feeling about Deathsword, but not enough to blindly vote right now so yes.
I was being honest of what I felt at the time
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:00:58 pm by scapheap »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13