Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight  (Read 12935 times)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2015, 10:17:33 pm »

I will use a weapon similar to what a grunt infantry man would use my character was going to focus on being a support role anyway so as long as I can keep a few grunts from killing me I am fine with no alche-weapon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2015, 10:24:46 pm »

And that's part of the motivation behind self alterations~ Although not all of it.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2015, 10:25:13 pm »

Edited turn.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2015, 12:07:59 am »

I ended up taking a lot longer than I thought I would, sorry. Won't be able to get to anything until tomorrow.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2015, 12:59:51 am »

So.
Is there room for one more?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2015, 01:06:10 am »

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2015, 01:59:58 am »

Hmm...
Can you send me Ciel's backstory and appearance? It looks like I'll be eroding him quite a bit, but still...
Also, is it possible for backstory to make it so you were the apprentice of a hermit Alchemist, so you start out in the middle of nowhere?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2015, 02:03:40 am »

Hmm...
Can you send me Ciel's backstory and appearance? It looks like I'll be eroding him quite a bit, but still...
Also, is it possible for backstory to make it so you were the apprentice of a hermit Alchemist, so you start out in the middle of nowhere?

I...Suppose so, though I would have no idea where to take the plot if you where not part of the military.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2015, 02:09:50 am »

Is there any penalty or law for/against being an unregistered alchemist or some such? Of so, there you go. If not...
Well, save some desert village, meet up with actual military?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2015, 02:17:31 am »

Is there any penalty or law for/against being an unregistered alchemist or some such? Of so, there you go. If not...
Well, save some desert village, meet up with actual military?

Not at all. I would have to tap into my memory/notes, but knowing alchemy is essentially getting a complicated collage degree and is used in civilian fields more then military ones. It is, of course, even more difficult then modern chemistry to learn and it is unlikely for someone to become a competent alchemist without many years of study in a collage. It would be difficult to get there, but once you do, they have no more reason to arrest you then they would to arrest a computer engineer or Liberal Arts major.

We will have plenty of time to think of plot while I work on the mechanics, anyway.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2015, 02:43:07 am »

So.

We are currently testing for balancing of classes. Personally I think the Mech Pilots are a bit OP.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2015, 02:44:05 am »

Alchemists might be a tad underpowered also.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2015, 06:35:23 am »

Spoiler: Ciel: The Remix (click to show/hide)
My sheet is finally here.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2015, 08:18:45 am »

So.

We are currently testing for balancing of classes. Personally I think the Mech Pilots are a bit OP.
Well, yeah, even if only because you need to bring dedicated weapons to bring most of them down.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2015, 11:25:35 am »

So.

Well, they are based of tanks. And in the title. They would sound that way, we still have to test and see if anything works right.

Alchemists might be a tad underpowered also.

For some reason, I have all their skill set to support rolls  :-\. Don't remember why, but that is probably where they shine.

Spoiler: Ciel: The Remix (click to show/hide)
My sheet is finally here.

That looks fine to me.

Now, to the fights! I can only remember one that is actually going on right now, so if you are in a fight and I forgot just start fighting with someone.

Deegan quickly vaults to cover, making it safely and coherently but the enemy saw his location. The mech begins dutifully charging, making amazing ground. Deegan quickly begins to separate O2 molecules from the rest of the atmosphere, presumably using his "Poisons: 30" weapon rather then his abysmal transmutation skill. An invisible cloud forms in front of the mech, a few liters of 100% pure oxygen. As the mech continues forward into the cloud, Averus's Homunculus warns him of elevated outside oxygen levels and quickly seals any remaining vulnerabilities to the outside atmosphere. He then proceeds to move forward, blaring his flamethrower. The mass of the mech easily mixed the oxygen with the surrounding air, as the fire proceeded to cumbust the O2 into harmless H20. The mech ends up with no damage, apparently neither harming the pilot or the alchemically treated metal, either fortunately or unfortunately depending on who you are. The Mech is now above Deegan, only a few feet away, with its flamethrower still burning.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9