Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight  (Read 12901 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemech Reloaded! Alchemypunk RPG Interest Check and Test Fight
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 09:15:40 pm »

*Sigh* I have homework for two classes I need to get done by 11 and I still haven't taken a shower yet. Oh well, I can't focus anyway.

Soooo a better target to aim for is the upper thorax. Because everything there is essential to the point that you are ded if something breaks.

And would it be plausible to gain more then just limited applications later on?

It might make a better target, but that doesn't mean every hit will still be an automatic kill. Magic surgery is hard. That is my story and I am sticking too it!

It is very plausible to gain more then just limited applications later on. You would have to explain what for me to tell you just how later on.

class:alchmist
name:claud swindler
General skills:
Agility:75
Guns:25
Class skills:
Reserves 25
Weapons 25 versatile(so-so versus everything)
Armor 25
Transmutation 100
Medical 25

That looks fine to me, except I would like a bit more information on the weapon. Something that tells us what it is. I don't know how I would even calculate a so-so weapon, but I won't make you change that  :P. I would like to comment though, your normal abilities are a bit min-maxed toward Agility. This is also fine, though a bit strange considering Agility is kinda useless on its own. I just thought I would warn you about that...

Helicopters and, presumably, propeller based planes exist, but are not a huge part of every day life or the war effort. That is how it stands right now, why?

((Pure oxygen is a poison and, if you feel like letting it, does up to triple duty as it is lightly corrosive to metal and explodes when in contact with an appropriate catalyst.))

((Now if I could just trick him into doing my chemistry homework...))

From out of nowhere, a voice shouts out to the two combatants

"Cyclohexane has a freezing point of 6.50 ∘C and a Kf of 20.0 ∘C/m. What is the freezing point of a solution made by dissolving 0.463g of biphenyl (C12H10) in 25.0g of cyclohexane?" A monstrous voice booms out! You feel that horrid things will happen to you if you do not answer.

Obviously, isn't that the point of the thread :P?

Wanna join the current fight, fight the other new guy, NPC, or what?

In fact, who wants to fight Remurthra?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 09:25:20 pm »

Is there space left?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 09:25:58 pm »

Is there space left?

Yep. Wanna test fight Remuthra?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:32:18 pm by Stirk »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 09:39:46 pm »

Is there space left?

Sure, give me a bit to write up my sheet unless you're going to be giving us predetermined ones.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 09:41:30 pm »

Again, it's not really surgery, if stabbing someone in the chest is surgery, then yes, I guess it is. The idea is rupturing something. It isn't very hard to stab someone with a scalpel. Although you can teeeeechnically say it's surgery because the scalpel is involved. It really isn't.

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 09:42:13 pm »

Sorry man, I brain dumped all non - practical chemistry, when I left college.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 09:48:53 pm »

Well lets say my weapon is three inch cylinders which explode and I can shoot 3 per second does that sound ok

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 09:53:09 pm »

Sure, give me a bit to write up my sheet unless you're going to be giving us predetermined ones.

Go ahead and make your own. I am horrible at making character sheets, which is ironic considering how much I use them in my games.

Again, it's not really surgery, if stabbing someone in the chest is surgery, then yes, I guess it is. The idea is rupturing something. It isn't very hard to stab someone with a scalpel. Although you can teeeeechnically say it's surgery because the scalpel is involved. It really isn't.

While it may not be hard to stab someone with a scalpel, it is reaaaaaaallly hard to stab someone from a scalpel if they are 5 feet away, and you are trying to use your mind. Go ahead, try it out. If it works, they will never arrest you because you are obviously the God Emperor of Mankind. And it gets even harder when you are trying to stab someone in a specific body part, let alone a small body part that you can't see like a blood vessel. If said person is trying to avoid getting stabbed, it gets even harder.

Sorry man, I brain dumped all non - practical chemistry, when I left college.

Its fine, it is all really easy stuff tonight. Just putting numbers into the formula. I just keep getting detracted by something, but I can't seem to remember what...

Well lets say my weapon is three inch cylinders which explode and I can shoot 3 per second does that sound ok

Lower the fire rate a good deal and it sounds fine, more on the line of "Moderate" rather than 3 explosions a second.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2015, 09:54:25 pm »

Is there space left?

Yeah, why not. Gotta finish up the descirptions on my mech first, though. Never mind, gotta fight someone else first.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:02:09 pm by Pencil_Art »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2015, 09:56:03 pm »

(Nevermind I decided to just move the points to armor is that ok)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 09:59:09 pm by High tyrol »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2015, 09:57:46 pm »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2015, 09:58:31 pm »

So it's more of a rather deadly short range thing instead of longer range. Buuuut I don't think they would really be trying to dodge if it's the equivalent of stabbing someone with a scalpel with your mind. Since you know, they wouldn't see it as something needed to dodge. Because normally people can't shoot scalpels at people with their mind.

As for targeting. Just disrupt the tissue in an area. Don't need to hit anything specific. Just break crap.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2015, 10:05:53 pm »

Ignite Flamethrower. Hopefully won't deal too much damage to me while burning away oxygen. Start charging toward Deegan.

((My character and mech wasn't finished yet! But oh well. Best see how it works right now.))
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:24:55 pm by Pencil_Art »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2015, 10:09:24 pm »

Is there space left?

Yeah, why not. Gotta finish up the descirptions on my mech first, though.

You are already fighting Mr.Void

Deegan Emric VS Averus Stynlat. You mispronounce each others' names in a bar and decide to get in a fight about it, so you meet in the ruins of a city for some reason. There is plenty of cover all around, not another person in sight, and a crippled human facing down a massive war machine. Make your first move!

Ok how about 1.5 explosions a second

That is still faster then most people can fire a semi-automatic rifle -_-. Your original was equal to a FlaK 41 in fire rate, having it do even one a second is absurdly fast. I think I rather keep it more abstract than that, anyway.

At your edit, you need an Alchemical weapon to be able to do any damage with Alchemy. It is highly suggested that you have one, though I don't think I wrote any rules forcing you to get one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks good! You are the first non-NPC offer. Feel pride in that. Ill organize your fight with whoever you are fighting when I am less tired.

So it's more of a rather deadly short range thing instead of longer range. Buuuut I don't think they would really be trying to dodge if it's the equivalent of stabbing someone with a scalpel with your mind. Since you know, they wouldn't see it as something needed to dodge. Because normally people can't shoot scalpels at people with their mind.

As for targeting. Just disrupt the tissue in an area. Don't need to hit anything specific. Just break crap.

Well if you are in a war zone, and an Alchemist starts walking toward you, you shoot and don't ask too many questions. It is probably very deadly if you can get close, and put an adequate amount of points into it as a weapon. You just have to be clever about getting close~

Climb into mech and start checking all systems. Prime the Flamethrower. Begin walking slowly towards Deegan, ignoring all but the largest patches of cover. If he starts shooting, take cover.

((My character and mech wasn't finished yet! But oh well. Best see how it works right now.))

Ah, you don't need to have a fleshed out character for test fights. I just want to make sure the mechics are at least kinda-sorta balanced and not compltetly broken.

Ill get to the fight after I finish my homework....

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2015, 10:16:21 pm »

Yes! I shall fight for the glory of the Imperium of Man!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9