Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win  (Read 52047 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Signups
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2015, 05:39:48 pm »

This was the voting for last day.

Nerjin: Mastahcheese
Peradon: Mastahcheese
Scripten: mastahcheese
Comrade Shamrock: Scripten
mastahcheese: Scripten 
hector13: Origamiscienceguy
Zormod: Didn't vote
Dani/Jim: Didn't vote
origamiscienceguy: Didn't vote

We know that mastahcheese and Dani were vanilla townies. I checked the thread and nobody seemed intent on getting Dani lynched which means that the mafia most likely killed Jim due to his expirience. And the fact that replacements often find new information that everyone glossed over.
As for Jim, I can't really say. In a game without a scum IC, I would say that the choice would suggest an experienced player as scum, since a newbie wouldn't know Jim's reputation and would likely focus on myself and Nerjin. (Unless they thought that having us on the mastahcheese wagon would get us lynched later down the line, but I doubt that.)
Scripten, TheDarkStar is a scum IC
In as Scum IC.
This has been his ONLY post on this entire thread. It is also CLEARLY stated on the front page
    Beginner's Mafia LII
    snip

Player List [7/7]:
    • Peradon
    • hector13
    • Zormod
    • origamiscienceguy
    • Dani Jim Groovester Town, killed Night 1
    • Comrade Shamrock
    • mastahcheese Town, lynched Day 1

ICs [2/2]:
    • Scripten
    • Nerjin

Scum IC [1/1]:
    • TheDarkStar

Replacements [2/∞]:
    • This could be you!
    • Dorsidwarf

snip
    [/list][/list]
    Why would you think that there wasn't a scum IC, unless YOU ARE a scum who noticed that TheDarkStar hasn't been on?

This looks like a very big scumslip. Scripten, you have some explaining to do.
    "'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #271 on: February 03, 2015, 06:09:24 pm »

As for Jim, I can't really say. In a game without a scum IC, I would say that the choice would suggest an experienced player as scum, since a newbie wouldn't know Jim's reputation and would likely focus on myself and Nerjin. (Unless they thought that having us on the mastahcheese wagon would get us lynched later down the line, but I doubt that.)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I was talking hypothetical game states without a scum IC.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

Then why do you give this information if it doesn't relate to this game in any way?
    "'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

Then why do you give this information if it doesn't relate to this game in any way?

I was explaining why I couldn't get anything out of Jim's death. As I said, if there was no scum IC, I'd at least be able to narrow it down to experienced players, but with a scum IC, that doesn't really help.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

OSG:
    Scripten said in a game without a scum IC he would suspect a more experienced player but because a scum IC is present it doesn't factor in. It's valuable for long term play if nothing else.

Scripten:
    Comrade's play has been lurky, occasionally active-lurky, and I didn't really like the way he was interacting in the Scripten-Mastahcheese exchange.
    Sorry if my schedule doesn't match up with yours. This game seems to roll through mainly my night time and when I'm in school. Also I'm getting bogged down under homework.

Also I wasn't voting with you, of course you're not going to like it.  ;D

At the time it could have carried several implications. Help from the scum IC, he lied about his experience or that he knew more than he was letting on.

I'm still not catching the relevance?
    I was drawing a comparison between you and cheese. You didn't like some implication he made about you and Nerjin (I didn't see it), but yet this is a similar but less extreme version.

hector:
    Shamrock, you voted for Scripten, who was pushing mastah hard for the lynch. Are you still comfortable with that read?
    Yes, though since no one seems to share it I think I'll lay off and go to my no. 2 scum pick. Doesn't mean I haven't given up yet.

The flip has in no way changed my read. Town can lynch town as easily as scum. But Scripten's repeated advice that scum won't lead a wagon is really making me paranoid about him.

Peradon:
    Activity isn't really an indication of alignment, just means you have more time available.

Peradon and Origami, you guys seemed to be quite eager for the day to end. Further, Peradon voted for mastah, while Origami unvoted Scripten, which essentially resulted in mastah's mislynch. Why did you decide to night kill Jim?
    I didnt mean to be eager, I just thought it was supposed to end 8 hours earlier. I kinda got timezones mixed up...

I voted for mastah due to the WIFOM he was sending us in, which in my opinion is a scum action. I was clearly mistaken though. Looking back, Nerjin started the ball rolling on mastah, and didnt invest much into the argument. Though, according to him, life got in the way. Scripten attacked mastah pretty heavily, but he doesnt seem like a scum to me, mainly because of the amount of activity he has, plus he put a ton of pressure on mastah. A scum probably wouldnt try to draw as much attention as he has.

I guess by my own logic that makes me a prime suspect...
    If you think it's scummy try and gather info instead seem like you're trying to slide suspicion onto Nerjin here and avoid starting the wagon yourself.

You have also done this before.
    I also want to point out that Nerjin hasnt posted a whole lot. This is odd, mainly because he is an IC, which I would think would be active...
    Why do you keep pointing out Nerjin's actions and find them scummy and not follow up yourself?

You also seem to only join a wagon someone else has started.
    I think I agree with dani. Zormod seems scum due to the lack of content in his posts. Either he isnt into the game and is just posting one-liners to get it out of the way, or he is scum lurking. I think its the latter.
    You even vote with your top scum pick.
    Zormod: Why do you suspect Dani more than anyone else?
    He hasn't asked any questions that I have seen. Not even a mundane one.
    O_o

Its true. I didnt see that until now.

I still have my eye on you zormod....

Unvote Zormod
    Vote Dani

Then there's that weak OMGUS you launched at Scripten when he voted you.

What say you to this?

Zormod:
    Could you give me the directions to the face of the earth which you seem to have fallen off of?

Let's help you get in the game. Who are your top scum picks? Why?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

ah, I see. Unvote sorry about being jumpy.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • It’s shite being Scottish
      • View Profile

ah, I see. Unvote sorry about being jumpy.

This is the kind of thing that I'm talking about that makes me think you're scum. You vote for someone and then they talk their way out of it over 2-3 posts, and you unvote. Just because there's a Scum IC it doesn't mean that Scripten is not scum!

I appreciate you like logic, and from my experience playing with him, Scripten likes logic too, but he's also an experienced mafia player, which means he's going to be at least half-decent at talking his way out of a slip.

I don't know if I could call it "touching base", as it were, with Scripten, who might be your scumbuddy, but you're really not helping me change my mind about you with actions like this.

You remain my top scum-read.
    Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

After rereading his post i think i just read it wrong.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

The flip has in no way changed my read. Town can lynch town as easily as scum. But Scripten's repeated advice that scum won't lead a wagon is really making me paranoid about him.

Remember also that no mafia advice is accurate all, sometimes even most, of the time. While scum are often not at the forefront of wagons, they will geting them started and stand to the sidelines, egging on the more beneficial wagons. More accurate advice would be that scum don't draw attention to themselves while starting wagons, unless they intend to confuse, misdirect, or otherwise mess with the town. There's so much WIFOM involved that its usually better to look at it from a different angle to avoid becoming tangled up in "what if"s.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

Peradon:
    Activity isn't really an indication of alignment, just means you have more time available.
    There are also lurkers, you know. That was what I was looking at when I saw Nerjin's lack of posting.
    Peradon and Origami, you guys seemed to be quite eager for the day to end. Further, Peradon voted for mastah, while Origami unvoted Scripten, which essentially resulted in mastah's mislynch. Why did you decide to night kill Jim?
    I didnt mean to be eager, I just thought it was supposed to end 8 hours earlier. I kinda got timezones mixed up...

I voted for mastah due to the WIFOM he was sending us in, which in my opinion is a scum action. I was clearly mistaken though. Looking back, Nerjin started the ball rolling on mastah, and didnt invest much into the argument. Though, according to him, life got in the way. Scripten attacked mastah pretty heavily, but he doesnt seem like a scum to me, mainly because of the amount of activity he has, plus he put a ton of pressure on mastah. A scum probably wouldnt try to draw as much attention as he has.

I guess by my own logic that makes me a prime suspect...
    If you think it's scummy try and gather info instead seem like you're trying to slide suspicion onto Nerjin here and avoid starting the wagon yourself.
    I wasnt trying to start a wagon. I was evaluating the mislynch, trying to see who was responsable. I also didnt mean to bold Nerjin's name, I was going to ask him a question, but I never did. I just didnt get rid of the bold. I didnt vote for him because he gave a reason for why he hasnt been active.
    You have also done this before.
    I also want to point out that Nerjin hasnt posted a whole lot. This is odd, mainly because he is an IC, which I would think would be active...
    Why do you keep pointing out Nerjin's actions and find them scummy and not follow up yourself?
    Because I find it suspicous. How do you follow up on a lurker? You cant, you just point it out.
    You also seem to only join a wagon someone else has started.
    I think I agree with dani. Zormod seems scum due to the lack of content in his posts. Either he isnt into the game and is just posting one-liners to get it out of the way, or he is scum lurking. I think its the latter.
    You even vote with your top scum pick.
    Zormod: Why do you suspect Dani more than anyone else?
    He hasn't asked any questions that I have seen. Not even a mundane one.
    O_o

Its true. I didnt see that until now.

I still have my eye on you zormod....

Unvote Zormod
    Vote Dani

Then there's that weak OMGUS you launched at Scripten when he voted you.

What say you to this?
    I already answered that back in the first day.
    Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • It’s shite being Scottish
      • View Profile

Zormod: Now that we have a day under our belts, what are your thoughts on the other players, and why?
    Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #281 on: February 03, 2015, 11:24:55 pm »

As for Jim, I can't really say. In a game without a scum IC, I would say that the choice would suggest an experienced player as scum, since a newbie wouldn't know Jim's reputation  [. . .]
    Scripten, TheDarkStar is a scum IC
    In as Scum IC.
    This has been his ONLY post on this entire thread. It is also CLEARLY stated on the front page

[. . .]

Why would you think that there wasn't a scum IC, unless YOU ARE a scum who noticed that TheDarkStar hasn't been on?

This looks like a very big scumslip. Scripten, you have some explaining to do.

This is called a leap in logic.  As Scripten has said this was a hypothetical situation. And if he WAS a Scum IC than he wouldn't have brought it up. While you can twist his statement into a scumslip to do so would require a lot of smithing. Please be more careful in cases in the future. I know the rush that comes from 'figuring it out' but you have to remember that sometimes 'figuring it out' is just your brain making bad logic.

As I said I don't really have a ton of time. I expect a little extra time tomorrow, however, and will attempt to be a bit more comprehensive at that time.
    The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

It actualy makes sense why the scum would NK Jim. He's an exerianced player and was just replaced in. So he didnt really flip much intel.

Origami, what have you contributed to the game? Why didn't you vote on D1? Are you active-lurking?
    Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

Zormod:
    Who are your top scum picks? Why?
    Zormod: Now that we have a day under our belts, what are your thoughts on the other players, and why?
    Well, here's something.
    Spoiler (click to show/hide)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile

Continuing on from my analysis before I had my false "aha" moment.

The three people that voted for mastahcheese are Scripten, Nerijin, and Peradon. Scripten and Nerijin are both IC's along with mastahcheese. The mafia would obviously want the most expirienced players to be out of the picture, which is probably why Jim was killed. Mastahcheese and Comerade Shamrock voted for Scripten, and nobody voted for nerijin. TheDarkStar would inform the mafia if they are inexpirienced to try to get rid of the most expirienced players. Mastahcheese is obviously innocent of this accusation which leads me to believe that Comerade Shamrock is as well, because the scum most likely voted together. That leaves ony Peradon, Scripten and Nerjin as people who voted for the same person.

Peradon how do you feel about the mislynch?
    Scripten, Nerijin, out of curiosity, how many games have you played in?
    Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27