Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win  (Read 52033 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

the scum most likely voted together

This is actually not usually the case. More often that not, you will find one scum on a lynch wagon and one off of it. When the game's over, ask NQT about it. He has stats.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Peradon how do you feel about the mislynch?
Well, I was surprised. Mastah's posts were incoherant, he was insulting Scripten, and then he sent us into WIFOM. It looked like he was desperate to get out of a lynching, so thats why I voted him. So, when he turned out to be town, I didnt know what to think.

So, Origami, why didnt you vote on D1, and what did you think about the interaction with mastah?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

i was voting for Scripten because everyone was pressuring me to make a descision. But he convinced me not to. And I didn't have enough time to justify voting for anyone else.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Day 1: A thin soup
« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2015, 09:46:36 pm »

Mastahcheese, that is a very plausible observation. At least the part about scripten. Hector and Scripten seems a bit far-fetched though.

Vote Scripten
This is when you voted for scripten. How were you pressured?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

my no-lynch was met with everybody freaking out and telling me to vote for somebody.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

my no-lynch was met with everybody freaking out and telling me to vote for somebody.
So what your saying is that as soon we give you a little pressure(Which I cant find what your talking about, but ok), you abandon logic and hop on the first bandwagon that comes along? That doesnt look too good for you.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Night 1: Old Boots
« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2015, 10:16:45 pm »

Votecount
Comrade Shamrock: {0}
hector13: {0}
Nerjin: {0}
origamiscienceguy: Scripten, Peradon,  hector13 {3}
Peradon: Comrade Shamrock {1}
Scripten: {0}
Zormod: {0}
Not voting:  oragamiscienceguy, Zormod, Peradon, Scripten, Nerjin,

Day ends Thursday, Feburary 8, 8:00 PM SMT (GMT-7).
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2015, 10:17:56 pm »

This is what I said:
Towards the end of the day, I will either vote for the person who acted the scummiest, and if nobody seems scummy enough, i'll just vote no lynch. In fact, until I see someone acting very scummy, I'll just vote No Lynch/cook
This was the responce:
Whoa whoa whoa, there. No lynching is a bad idea. The only action you get information from is the NK, and that is spotty at best, because we won't know why the scum chose who they did, given the lack of any lynch wagons.

If this is serious, Vote Origami.
No lynching on D1 is suboptimal play both for town and scum. Yes, it's pro-scum, but scum don't want to be caught -doing- it. Likewise, despite the odds against hitting scum with a lynch, a no lynch puts control of the game into the hands of the scumteam, which is a bad position for town. They can just NK anyone and have town be just as confused after the night's end! It's like day 1 all over again, but with one townie down.
So, in short, just don't do it.

But then you're basically wasting D1.

I understand, even appreciate the mathematics behind your reasoning, but human behaviour can't be quantified.

If we don't scumhunt D1 because we're waiting on a cop, which might not even exist, then we have no information to base our future actions on.

Even if the cop did exist, they can't reveal that directly because they'd just get NK'd, which means they'd only be useful once, and there are two scum.

PPE:
Spoiler: OOG stuff (click to show/hide)
I was pressured into voting for someone, but I didn't have enough time to make an argument, so I went with the person whose argument made the most sense to me.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile

Peradon kinda switched sides on my reads list, for many reasons.

That's nice. Care to elaborate? Otherwise this is just another of your 'active-lurk' posts. Zormod you need to post more content. Otherwise you're simply gumming up the game with little bits of nothing. Y'know?

Nerijin, out of curiosity, how many games have you played in?

Hm... I doubt that "several" is a satisfying answer. I remember my days of modding more than my days of playing to be entirely honest.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 04, 2015, 11:16:29 pm »

This is what I said:
Towards the end of the day, I will either vote for the person who acted the scummiest, and if nobody seems scummy enough, i'll just vote no lynch. In fact, until I see someone acting very scummy, I'll just vote No Lynch/cook
This was the responce:
Whoa whoa whoa, there. No lynching is a bad idea. The only action you get information from is the NK, and that is spotty at best, because we won't know why the scum chose who they did, given the lack of any lynch wagons.

If this is serious, Vote Origami.
No lynching on D1 is suboptimal play both for town and scum. Yes, it's pro-scum, but scum don't want to be caught -doing- it. Likewise, despite the odds against hitting scum with a lynch, a no lynch puts control of the game into the hands of the scumteam, which is a bad position for town. They can just NK anyone and have town be just as confused after the night's end! It's like day 1 all over again, but with one townie down.
So, in short, just don't do it.

But then you're basically wasting D1.

I understand, even appreciate the mathematics behind your reasoning, but human behaviour can't be quantified.

If we don't scumhunt D1 because we're waiting on a cop, which might not even exist, then we have no information to base our future actions on.

Even if the cop did exist, they can't reveal that directly because they'd just get NK'd, which means they'd only be useful once, and there are two scum.

PPE:
Spoiler: OOG stuff (click to show/hide)
I was pressured into voting for someone, but I didn't have enough time to make an argument, so I went with the person whose argument made the most sense to me.
We werent pressuring you to vote, we were pointing out that a no-lynch isnt good. Also, what was it about mastah's post that made sense? It seems complete rubbish to me.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

not all of it, just the first part about bussing.

While it may not have been your intention, your reaction did put me under alot of pressure.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 04, 2015, 11:54:24 pm »

You get cookies and town cred if you can go back, pick it out, and tell us what it is. Hector13 can be in on it, too.
This smells like a trap, but I'll play.

I asked hector what he thought about the interaction between you and mastah. This was becauseI was running out of questions, and needed something new.

He answers and comes back at me with the same question. I am assuming this is what you are reading as buddying.

I give him my answer, and he comes back and complements me on a well thought out post. This probably helped cement your convictions of us buddying.

He then ask's what I thought about the rest of the players. I flagged him as nuetral. This is the only thing that I did that might be construed as buddying. The rest hector did. When I flagged him as nuetral, I did so legitimately.

If this isnt what your thinking of, then I have no idea.
...Well, clearly what's going on here is that Hector is scum, trying to buddy you so as to get you killed in the event that he dies. Scripten is probably in on it, knowing that if he kills you, and you turn up as town, then "whoops! Guess it wasn't buddying after all." and he can forget the whole case on Hector.

Which would mean that Hector and Scripten are scumbuddies, who are attempting a highly unusual method of buddying town members, then having the other member call it out to get them lynched.

*Reads back over more of the thread*

Actually, it goes deeper! Scripten's arguing with me (over what's really a matter of playstyle, and isn't overly indicative of alignment in and of itself) is a clever attempt to appear to be distancing from me, which is basically reverse buddying. I noticed Hector mention it a little while back, along with other people.

It's genius, by acting scummy, and pinning it on the town, they can get away with developing their own incriminating evidence. They don't have to go hunting for ammo, because they're farming it themselves!

...No, I am not drunk, before anyone asks.

Slap a slam-tacular vote on that there Scripten.
Would you care to REFUTE this?
I may be missing it, but where is the bussing in this?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sorry, I meant buddying. I just read it wrong.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Scripten, I'm curious what differentiates Comrade Shamrock and Nerjin in your eyes.

From my view, the only appreciable difference in their play so far is that Nerjin supported you in your push on mastah, whereas Shamrock didn't, and voted for you too. Is there something beyond that that makes either Shamrock look scummy or Nerjin look town in your eyes?

Zormod, your posts aren't particularly helpful to us.

While Origami has been... erratic, to say the least, he looks like he's at least trying to scumhunt, while you haven't really done anything, and you failed to give us any real information in that "reads" list you just gave:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This doesn't look like it has been done in any particular order, which doesn't tell us what your reads really are, it just tells us what you think each player has done, in the most vague terms, and then we can't ask you why you think someone's town, another person's scum etc.

It looks like you're trying to hide something, and that bothers me, greatly. I still think Origami is scummier than you are at this point, but you'd better do something to stop your slide down my scum-list, sunshine, else I'll be sliding my vote over to you as well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 05, 2015, 12:07:35 am »

Ha! I got you!
Mastahcheese, that is a very plausible observation. At least the part about scripten. Hector and Scripten seems a bit far-fetched though.

Vote Scripten

Here you say that the part about Scripten and Hector doesnt make sense. This is the only part about mastah's post that has to do with buddying! So, you just contradicted yourself!

What say you, Origami you scum!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27