Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Game Over - Scum win  (Read 52028 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Night 1: Old Boots
« Reply #255 on: February 02, 2015, 08:35:02 pm »

The sun begins to rise, a smaller group of trolls gathering in their cave. Day 2 dawns.
Jim Groovester is missing. It seems he was left out in the sun. Pawing through his belongings, you find nothing interesting. He was Doe, a Regular Troll.

Votecount
Comrade Shamrock: {0}
hector13: {0}
Nerjin: {0}
origamiscienceguy:{0}
Peradon: {0}
Scripten: {0}
Zormod: {0}
Not voting:  oragamiscienceguy, Zormod, Peradon, Scripten, Comrade Shamrock, Nerjin,  hector13

Day ends Thursday, Feburary 8, 8:00 PM SMT (GMT-7).

Jim Groovester was killed in the night. He was a Vanilla Townie.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 02, 2015, 08:54:45 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Welp, happy to have replaced in.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2015, 09:20:08 pm »

Okay...

What are everyone's thoughts on the lynch and night kill?

Looking for particular input from Shamrock, Nerjin and Zormod. You guys were missing most of D1, consequently I don't have much on you.

Nerjin, you dropped a vote on mastah, admittedly with good reasoning, but then disappeared after mastah called you and Scripten out on the tag-team 2-on-1 you were doing on him. What say you to that?

Shamrock, you voted for Scripten, who was pushing mastah hard for the lynch. Are you still comfortable with that read?

Zormod, you did not vote at all, alongside zero to minimal scumhunting. What happened? :o

Scripten, what are your thoughts on the mislynch you pushed, and the scum killing Jim?

Peradon and Origami, you guys seemed to be quite eager for the day to end. Further, Peradon voted for mastah, while Origami unvoted Scripten, which essentially resulted in mastah's mislynch. Why did you decide to night kill Jim?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 02, 2015, 10:20:52 pm »

Honestly, Scripten convinced me that he was not a something else, but I didn't have time to post because I was busy. By the time I got on, I noticed that the day was over.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 02, 2015, 10:33:07 pm »

Mastah had convinced you that Scripten was a something else, despite irrationality and Scripten's arguments to the contrary.

You claim to consider things logically, yet I don't understand why mastah's irrational post convinced you of Scripten's scumminess. I think you unvoted him because of how foolish it would make you seem in the eyes of the town, and you backtracked to hide your nature, and demanded the end to the day so people wouldn't notice it as much, you evil not-troll!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Day 1: A thin soup
« Reply #260 on: February 02, 2015, 10:40:03 pm »

As you can see, I didn't rely fully on mastahchees's argument, I came up with my own as well.

So am I scum with Hector13 or am I scum with Nerjin? Or is OSG scum with me?

See, this is why we don't do associatives before flips. You start looking silly.
This seems to me like scripten is trying to remove Mastahchees’s ethos. By trying to make mastahchees’s arguments sound unsolid, he seems like he is trying to defer anybody outside of their argument off of him.

But scripten eventually convinced me otherwise.
So am I scum with Hector13 or am I scum with Nerjin? Or is OSG scum with me?

See, this is why we don't do associatives before flips. You start looking silly.
In this quote, It looks like you are calling mastahchees silly.

Doing associative reads before anyone's flipped is silly. Pointing out interactions is fine, but in that direction (associative conspiracy theory) lies WIFOM/madness.

Hence, calling the play silly. And even then, I'm not discrediting him because he's a so-and-so. I'm discrediting his argument because it's silly and ridiculous.

So I decided to unvote. I didn't have time in my life to figure out who to vote for, and when I finally had free time, I noticed the day was over. (posting when the day is over is a big no-no.) I wanted to make sure that we weren't allowed to talk before I made my vote. Thus the question:
Shouldn't this day be over by now?

Hector13 You have been suspicious of me since day 1, what has been the biggest factor contributing to your suspicion?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 02, 2015, 10:50:31 pm »

It's not a single thing, it's an amalgamation of your actions in the game, my previous post sets everything out.

Add to that your flip-flopping on voting Scripten, though.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 02, 2015, 10:55:33 pm »

I didn't agree to the whole of mastahchees's post. Just this part.
You get cookies and town cred if you can go back, pick it out, and tell us what it is. Hector13 can be in on it, too.
This smells like a trap, but I'll play.

I asked hector what he thought about the interaction between you and mastah. This was becauseI was running out of questions, and needed something new.

He answers and comes back at me with the same question. I am assuming this is what you are reading as buddying.

I give him my answer, and he comes back and complements me on a well thought out post. This probably helped cement your convictions of us buddying.

He then ask's what I thought about the rest of the players. I flagged him as nuetral. This is the only thing that I did that might be construed as buddying. The rest hector did. When I flagged him as nuetral, I did so legitimately.

If this isnt what your thinking of, then I have no idea.
...Well, clearly what's going on here is that Hector is scum, trying to buddy you so as to get you killed in the event that he dies. Scripten is probably in on it, knowing that if he kills you, and you turn up as town, then "whoops! Guess it wasn't buddying after all." and he can forget the whole case on Hector.
I thought that his logic here was sound, and I come up with my own logic as well. But, as I said earlier, Scripten convinced me otherwise.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 02, 2015, 11:08:54 pm »

Nerjin, you dropped a vote on mastah, admittedly with good reasoning, but then disappeared after mastah called you and Scripten out on the tag-team 2-on-1 you were doing on him. What say you to that?

The same thing I usually say when life decides to say "Fuck you [Name], you're doing our stuff now" which is to say: I was busy and didn't have time for much mafia. My activity this week is likely to be spotty as well. I'll attempt to act when I can. Unfortunately that isn't tonight. I'm just here to state that I'll be low on activity for a while.

My suggestion to ALL players: Reread day 1. Take note of how people acted. Who did they target and not target? Why. That sorta thing. You'd be surprised how helpful it is.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Peradon and Origami, you guys seemed to be quite eager for the day to end. Further, Peradon voted for mastah, while Origami unvoted Scripten, which essentially resulted in mastah's mislynch. Why did you decide to night kill Jim?
I didnt mean to be eager, I just thought it was supposed to end 8 hours earlier. I kinda got timezones mixed up...

I voted for mastah due to the WIFOM he was sending us in, which in my opinion is a scum action. I was clearly mistaken though. Looking back, Nerjin started the ball rolling on mastah, and didnt invest much into the argument. Though, according to him, life got in the way. Scripten attacked mastah pretty heavily, but he doesnt seem like a scum to me, mainly because of the amount of activity he has, plus he put a ton of pressure on mastah. A scum probably wouldnt try to draw as much attention as he has.

I guess by my own logic that makes me a prime suspect...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2015, 02:06:28 am »

Hector13:

Scripten, what are your thoughts on the mislynch you pushed, and the scum killing Jim?

The mislynch was justified, if unfortunate. Mastahcheese's gambit wasn't really all that well thought-through and it backfired on him. (Honestly, even if it had worked, it'd have just gotten a different townie lynched.) As for Jim, I can't really say. In a game without a scum IC, I would say that the choice would suggest an experienced player as scum, since a newbie wouldn't know Jim's reputation and would likely focus on myself and Nerjin. (Unless they thought that having us on the mastahcheese wagon would get us lynched later down the line, but I doubt that.)

Peradon:

I guess by my own logic that makes me a prime suspect...

If you're town, then you're confirmed town to yourself. It doesn't really matter what you've done. If you can justify your actions, then doing so is pro-town, since you're avoiding your own mislynch. There's not any point in even entertaining the idea of scumreading yourself as a townie. Doing so does sometimes appeal to other townies' emotions, but if you're relying on AtE to survive as town, you need to concentrate on scumhunting to really show that you are town.

I was hoping to see a few scumtells come this morning. A lot of the time, newbie scum will "brag" by stating how sad it is that a certain player died. (This is especially true when they kill town PR's.) Watch for scum in later games to talk about how terrible it is that the PR died in the night.

Right now, I'm guessing that the scumteam is Origamiscienceguy and Zormod/Comrade Shamrock. Zormod's absence is pretty telling on a TvT exchange like what happened between myself and mastahcheese. All he had to do was sit back and let us kill one another. OSG looks most scummy in general this game, but his play in Operation Overlord shows him to be a more competent and confident player than he's been acting like here. Comrade's play has been lurky, occasionally active-lurky, and I didn't really like the way he was interacting in the Scripten-Mastahcheese exchange.

From most to least scummy:
OSG
Zormod
Comrade Shamrock
---------------------------- Line of lynchability
Nerjin
Peradon
Hector13
Scripten

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scripten. This is my first time playing the first few days of a mafia game. I tried to follow the wiki and do an rvs, but it just doesn't work for me. Now that I have some information, I can put together an argument based off voting patterns and day one acts. I don't have time now, but after school, I'll try to organize my thoughts and analyze the field.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LII: A damp troll hole - Day 2 - New dawn and a dark gather
« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2015, 10:11:03 am »

*Bubbles in the stew*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scripten. This is my first time playing the first few days of a mafia game. I tried to follow the wiki and do an rvs, but it just doesn't work for me. Now that I have some information, I can put together an argument based off voting patterns and day one acts. I don't have time now, but after school, I'll try to organize my thoughts and analyze the field.

I understand. You have time now, so no worries.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2015, 04:13:44 pm »

Zormod, you did not vote at all, alongside zero to minimal scumhunting. What happened? :o
Most of the interactions I noticed were Mastacheese VS Scripten, which I refused to take part in. Dani replaced, and i couldn't think of a question for my life.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27