Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 106

Author Topic: Paranormal 24 - Game over! Doppelganger Victory!  (Read 216727 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 24 - Day 1 always ruins vacations
« Reply #345 on: January 24, 2015, 01:47:57 am »

Hrrrrrm. Okay.

Do you personally think the flabort/4maskwolf/pisskop kerfluffle is worth continuing to discuss?

The kerfluffle itself? No. It's still worth keeping an eye on the players, though.

With Flabort posting his reads he's looking a lot better, though he seems to be basing them an awful lot on post count and I'm not sure that's a good idea.

Pisskop was acting a bit strange at first but that could be due to the situation he was thrust into. Time will tell with him.

4mask is obviously no longer in the game.

At that point the thread might as well remain unlocked during the night.

If everyone's PMing everyone else it's basically a sprint game. I'm fine with the idea of being able to PM players in the middle of the night, but maybe limit it to 2-5 players or something? In that case you could still set up a network where you PM people with PMs containing other people's PMs plus your own and... Blaaargh. I dunno, it's up to Meph.

By the way, Jim, is your avatar M. Bison or something else?

Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 24, 2015, 02:25:33 am »

Honestly, you could probably just CC the entire playerbase so we all know the information is there. Meph gave the okay for quoting PMs from dead players who had PMed you in the night before, so long as I didn't talk to them after night had formally ended.

That's actually fairly pertinent.

Mephansteras: Given that there are no restrictions on sending messages to all players during night time, and these may be quoted, would you leave the thread unlocked at night to save the trouble of having to type out everyone's name in the PM box? Am I pushing my luck?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 24, 2015, 02:30:46 am »

PFP

Mephansteras: [stuff on PMs and Night] Am I pushing my luck?
Que? :P

I'd be wary of the PMs, however--it reminds me of a time long past, where the game was 'Dwarf Fortress Themed Mafia' and Solifuge was still here (as well as Mephansteras): the concept of the little kid and such.

It adds quite a...spin to the game, so to speak. Given how I understood the game, anyway ._.

Err, adding this in. The real point of the brevity in this post is on the orange part.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 24, 2015, 02:39:15 am »

Well- it essentially means trying too hard to gain more when you've already been quite lucky already. To try to get more out of your fortune so far unwisely.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 24, 2015, 02:47:57 am »

Honestly, you could probably just CC the entire playerbase so we all know the information is there. Meph gave the okay for quoting PMs from dead players who had PMed you in the night before, so long as I didn't talk to them after night had formally ended.

That's actually fairly pertinent.

Mephansteras: Given that there are no restrictions on sending messages to all players during night time, and these may be quoted, would you leave the thread unlocked at night to save the trouble of having to type out everyone's name in the PM box? Am I pushing my luck?

Yeah, I'm going to oppose this. If that's the case it makes the night phase totally pointless and it may as well be a sprint game.
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 24, 2015, 06:50:46 am »

-sigh-...

*Deep breath*
Okay then, let's get started and try to spur a bit more activity. This is going to be a big list on... Well, everyone. Except me, obviously.
It was originally going to be a big list where I went over the rest of this thread with as fine a toothed comb as I could manage to try and get some stuff going on, but... The first person I started to look at was scummy enough to convince me to tunnel, at least for now, and that person is... Deathsword

Spoiler: My Reason(s) (click to show/hide)

Now, for the questions I want answered.

Why the failure to deliver on your 'more soon?'
Why the lack of follow-up on your questions to pisskop?
Why the lack of content in general?
Why the seeming 'active lurking' (something that you said yourself is highly scummy behavior)? You've made 13 other posts since your last one in this topic, so it can't have been a 'real life getting in the way and can't be on the forums' situation.
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 24, 2015, 07:11:20 am »

I was reading through the tech and stuff to get an idea of what may happen over the coming night, and this lead me to wondering (since you said there shouldn't be any draws.)

What happens if everyone is targeting one player (or there's a chain that links them all up) and he plasma bombs himself?
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 24, 2015, 07:11:47 am »

Ah, crap, I meant to put a Meph there.
The circle is complete.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 24, 2015, 10:32:19 am »

Persus13

pisskop:
I hope you will agree this is my town game.
Stop worrying about how you are being perceived because of wolf and try to find an alternative to your lynch.
I'm not sure how you expect me not to respond snarkily to that.  Do I make a comment like 'oh, so you're suggesting I need to frame somebody' or 'haha, its always cool when somebody criticizes meta-talk with meta-talk' or just ignore you?  [sigh]  In any case, I don't care for your attitude,  Why don't you be a responsible adult next time and read the whole thread before plopping down a vote like a lazy meanie? 

UXLZ

I don't know if I fully approve of you, but I certainly approve of your vote atm.

-But can you tell me what changed from here?
He [pisskop] keeps mentioning someone being 'quick on the draw', but the testiness is somewhat understandable for someone coming into a... Rather hostile situation.
  -You didnt seem so suspicious of it here.

DeathSword

Deathsword:  I think you are following your pattern set by your previous games.  Namely your scum game is a more cautious and inactive one.  Adding the assumption that scum have private chat distracting them from their public face, I think you are the one person I'd like most to get a wagon onto.

-Do you think you have hunted?
  -Do you think you have justified your votes thus far?
  -Who do you think is most likely in the town group?

Here, lest it be forgotten.  I think the chance of you being scum is pretty good atm.  I would take you as I see you now over a claimed vig any day.

speaking of . . .

Flabort
That lst wall of links of your's was pretty staggering.  Impressive, actually.  I'm reading so much affronted Townie than scumball fakeclaim.  I'll get to each individual bit you brought up when I'm in a more comfortable place physically, but for now I'd like to say that the answers to most of your linked questions can be found a mere post of two away.

for the record, I definitely do not support a Flabort lynch today.  Not after that.

Tiriun
I appreciate the compressed reads, but can't help notice all of the neutrals you put in.  Do you have a 'top 4' list, or even a couple of FOS?  You kind of give me an '8 ball vibe', where nobody is given anything more than vague and neutral-positive marks.

You also commented on the pm limits.  Have you been sending PMs?  Do you think they help or hurt town?  Why?  How easy would it be to lie in a PM about your role/goal/alignment and be believed?

MastaCheese

I judge "posting" by the amount of content in them, not the number of posts themselves.
You don't make many individual posts, but your posts contain more context than most.
Hence, in my mind, you post plenty.
If I did the same you'd be about where I have you; Nullscum.  You do not impress with the quality of your posts, and I would vote you if Deathsword and UXLZ hadn't caught my attentions.  Do I mark you down for having attempted to buddy Jim?  I'm going to call you 'fluffcat' for now.

More today or perhaps tomorrow (Im hope)  We have a regular 30of blizzard out.

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 24, 2015, 11:18:42 am »

Unvote. I may be wrong (and I hope I'm not) but I'm thinking now that flabort and pisskop are both townies that ended up at cross purposes.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 24, 2015, 11:25:58 am »

The Whiteboard
pisskop: Deathsword, Persus13, flabort
Deathsword: pisskop, UXLZ
Shakerag: ToonyMan
TheDarkStar: Jim Groovester
Tiruin: notquitethere
ToonyMan: Scripten
UXLZ: Shakerag
flabort: Cheeetar, TheDarkStar, Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday

The thread will be locked at night. If you wish to go through the effort of contacting everyone, you may, but anything said at night is by default private.

What happens if everyone is targeting one player (or there's a chain that links them all up) and he plasma bombs himself?
The Exterminator is never effected by his own bomb, so that would be a very effective trap.

Note, though, that in the case that everyone dies the game is allowed to end on a draw.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 24, 2015, 12:28:25 pm »

Unvote Toonyman

This post seems town enough to warrant looking elsewhere for the time being.

Tiruin:

I tried to simplify your reads. Is this basically what you posted? If not, can you revise your list to make this more accurate?

Cheetar -- leaning town
    notquitethere -- null
    pisskop -- null/third-party
    Jim Groovester -- null
    TheDarkStar -- null
    Persus13 -- null leaning town
    Shakerag -- null
    mastahcheese -- leaning town
    ToonyMan -- leaning town !!!
    Deus Asmoth -- leaning town
    flabort -- null
    UXLZ -- null leaning town
    Scripten -- null
    Deathsword -- null
    Toaster -- null

Deus Asmoth:

Since you're leaning toward flabort and pisskop being town, where do you think scum is hiding?

You know, I'd actually forgotten that Deathsword was even in this game. That's some impressive active lurking. Let's see some real scumhunting come from over there.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 24, 2015, 12:36:07 pm »

Piskop/4maskwolf: Besides the fact that I don't believe his gambit is town-sided, here are the facts:
1)I don't recall him saying what the 'other' reasons are, and
2)As opposed to what assumption?
3)3 and 1? Where did this come from?
4)Didn't you promise reads?
5)This seems off, too.
6)UXLZ was right, I hadn't snipped that line from when I snipped the role, Still don't remember why I did snip that.
7)((In his defense, I didn't expect it either but I got accuse of this too))

1) Here I list three posts that I disapprove of
2) The assumption I am scum is opposed to the assumption I am town.  I was noting that she didn't include any hint that I could be scum, and wanted to see her reaction.
3) There are 4 egg thingies, which are the dopplgangers.  I was musing about the odds that all 4 were scum.  I had believed there were 3 scum and 1 'other' anti-town.  Since then Meph has stated that the 4 eggs were the 4 members of the scumteam, and that any third faction(s) would be separate.
4) I have given them, just not in one single post.  I have highlighted my 4 most suspected players.
5) I will not be cowed by others.  Simple as that.
6) So he was.  I unvoted him after here.
7) Not something I need to reply to.

Quote from: More Flabort
I'll ask you some questions now.

Which players do you intend to follow or watch if you're a reporter like 4mask claimed? Why?

What are your reads?

What do you think of Jim Groovester and Toaster so far? What do you think of Shakerag and TheDarkStar so far?

I am not completely sure.  I have a few ideas, and suggestions have been sent to me by a few people.  Most likely 'the scummiest person'.  I am considering watching you, at this point.  Would be interesting, to say the least.

I would like to wagon/question Deathsword, and Mastacheese, atm.  I'm less sure of the rest, to varying degrees.  I liked Tooney's response, and Cheetar is still just as null as before.

Jim is -null-.  Nothing on him either way, but I know nothing about him, so I'm watchful.
Toaster seems kinda town.  No real suspicion of him.
Shakerag is looking, so there is that.
TheDarkStar I am suspicious of, but have nothing to present.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 24, 2015, 12:46:28 pm »

ToonyMan:
An interesting feeling. Let me think, why specifically would Flabort claim town vig if he wasn't, and how does that affect you?
Dude.  I just said.  "Which makes me think that he's possibly a war vet or has sentry guns ... or is scum."
How does that affect me?  Well, it would make me leery of visiting him at night if I had an ability that would trigger war vet/sentry guns.  As it stands, I'm not sure if flabort did something incredibly stupid or if his claim is a ruse in some manner or another.  It's enough for me to keep an eye on him and see what he does and/or what happens around him.
Right.

I noticed that, you unvoted from pisskop, who was involved in the huge 4maskwolf/pisskop and Flabort storm that swept through earlier Day 1. Why not stay on him? Are you going to go back to him, or someone else? Personally, I think Flabort is an okay lynch choice. I mean, worst case, he could actually be a town vig but shoot all the wrong people, right? (this isn't rhetorical)
I just wanted to prod at pisskop a bit after he replaced in to see how he'd wobble.  I didn't have any good reason to keep a vote parked on him, and it was close enough to the end of the day that I didn't want to chance the day ending without me getting back to look at things more closely. 
I'm undecided on a flabort lynch.  There's a non-insignificant chance that he could be town and went full derp by claiming.  If you're trying to rally my vote for a flabort lynch then you'll need to be a bit more persuasive.
Would you say you decided to avoid being involved with Pisskop/4mask & Flabort? The day was extended so it doesn't really matter, but if Day 1 really did end on yesterday then I think it would have very likely been a Flabort lynch based on this post. Your post just to unvote shortly later doesn't seem to be doing anything besides distancing.

Pisswolf
Hahaha, I'm sorry.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 24, 2015, 12:54:58 pm »

Flabort
((although This post is a point in his favor))

Why?  The thing that sticks out to me on there is him saying you're not a good lynch.

How big a metric is post volume in your scum ratings?

Why not "gain some standing with the town" by hunting scum?

Tiruin:  I can't say I've seen you attacking or even seriously probing anyone this game.  Even with your read post, I feel you're really standoffish this game; your lack of vote highlights this.  What's up?

Mastahcheese and Deus:  I notice you're also not voting.  Why?  Why doesn't your chief suspect warrant a vote at this time?

Unlikely I can do a more in-depth read this weekend; hopefully early Monday.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 106