Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Reign of Terror!  (Read 25975 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Terror!
« Reply #180 on: February 19, 2015, 10:24:40 am »

Rob and Mora: Finish the last inn, send out orders for food and drinks to be delivered from sources that work with evil people (I'm sure there is a general supply chain in this world that caters to evil). Train the people as inn workers and storehouse laborers, lax their hours from 24/7 to about a 7~9 hour work day. Allow them to rebuild houses but have them be a distance away and feed them. Create a few more skeleton workers to help farm, collect some of the ashes as fertilizer if you have to but leave some for visual effect. Decorate in a gothic tone, as long as Mora stays gothic/dark she can do whatever she wants.

Loin and George: "We would like to open up a thieves guild hub in a town that I control. It has inns, taverns, and store houses all it needs now is people who want to travel there and do business"

7-9 is too little. 10 hours would be good since we know that good inn keepers open up at that time. Plus i'm sure most theives are young are usually on the  go so we have to have someone their for their needs/wants. Also we are evilz. An Bourgeuis capatalistic.

Oh an stress we'd love their services on our side when another rescue is mounted against us. Also it'd be nice to have a dragon on our side...just saying.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 10:27:44 am by 3man75 »

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2015, 12:22:56 pm »

Rob and Mora: Finish the last inn, send out orders for food and drinks to be delivered from sources that work with evil people (I'm sure there is a general supply chain in this world that caters to evil). Train the people as inn workers and storehouse laborers, lax their hours from 24/7 to about a 7~9 hour work day. Allow them to rebuild houses but have them be a distance away and feed them. Create a few more skeleton workers to help farm, collect some of the ashes as fertilizer if you have to but leave some for visual effect. Decorate in a gothic tone, as long as Mora stays gothic/dark she can do whatever she wants.

Loin and George: "We would like to open up a thieves guild hub in a town that I control. It has inns, taverns, and store houses all it needs now is people who want to travel there and do business"

7-9 is too little. 10 hours would be good since we know that good inn keepers open up at that time. Plus i'm sure most theives are young are usually on the  go so we have to have someone their for their needs/wants. Also we are evilz. An Bourgeuis capatalistic.

Oh an stress we'd love their services on our side when another rescue is mounted against us. Also it'd be nice to have a dragon on our side...just saying.
+1, though I'm pretty sure evilz and bourgeois capitalistic are synonyms
I do stuff, I guess

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2015, 12:32:34 pm »

Some could argue that Fascist and Communist have more things alike then Liberals or Conservatives. In fact apparently theres a new spectrum thats a circle to accommodate the theory.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2015, 08:43:29 am »

Some could argue that Fascist and Communist have more things alike then Liberals or Conservatives. In fact apparently theres a new spectrum thats a circle to accommodate the theory.
You know something? Let's make our new hive of scum and villainy the epicenter of the new spread of bourgeois capitalistic liberally moderate fascist communism
I do stuff, I guess

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2015, 08:36:40 pm »

Robert and Mora:
"I want you to finish construction of the last inn as soon as possible. Send orders out to other evil merchants and have them bring in food and supplies to the village."

"At once, your Highness."

"I want your people re-trained as innkeepers and storage laborers," she says, looking at the weak and exhausted workers. "And relax their work time to around ten hours. Make them work shifts."

The town elder seems visibly relieved. "The townsfolk will be overjoyed, your Highness."

"And finally, you are permitted to start rebuilding your houses a distance away from the thieves' hub. We will lend you some undead workers to help you farm, and you are free to take some ash as fertilizer."

"We are in your debt, Princess," he says, teary eyed. "Most of the buildings here are ready for you to decorate. Please, ask any of the townsfolk if you need assistance."

The elder scuttles away with joy and leaves Mora and Robert to start decorating. They get some workers to help decorate the first inn. All the wood has been stained grey and black because of all the ash, so that helps the gothic outlook. She has Robert conjure more bones and remains (clean, of course) and uses them as decorations. She replaces all the wooden mugs with skull mugs that have the top of the skull open for drinking. The walls are adorned with paintings of George, paintings of undead, and a big banner with the symbol of evil on it. Robert enchants the candles and torches to glow in a bright green-blue. To top it all off, the Princess makes flowerpots and places roses in them.

"I don't think George would like pretty red roses in his evil inns," Robert says.

"You're right." Princess Mora uses the tiny bit of necromancy she learned from Robert to kill the roses and bring them back, fading the red roses into black ones.

"Well done, Princess!"

"Thanks, Rob," she says with a blush. "Even if it's undead it deserves to look pretty."

Mora instructs the workers to decorate all the other inns in this fashion. She personally makes the black roses. The roads are paved with bones, enchanted to be hard enough to withstand carriage wheels and horse-hooves. The town is starting to come together. Now it needs a name.

Sir Loin and George:
"We'd like to open up a thieves' hub in a town that I control. It has inns, taverns and storehouses. All it needs now is people who want to travel there and do business."

"Easily accomplished, master George. I trust there is more?"

"We'd love some assistance in our weekly matters. We have a Princess under our control, and that means punks bust into my tower and try to steal her. Frankly, it's a nuisance."

"We don't specialize in being bodyguards, while we certainly hire our own, and we can't offer much help in that regard. We're not quite militaristic. However, we do work in the shadows, and quite well if you don't mind me saying.

"We can offer two options to help you: we can pull some strings to make it, say, difficult for the rescuers to arrive at your door. They'll attack only once every two weeks instead of weekly.

"The second option: we can do some bribing and intimidation to reduce the number of volunteers that attempt a rescue. They'll attack every week, like usual, but their numbers will be greatly reduced and will be much less powerful."

"We'll think about it," you say.

"Also, backtracking to your new thieves' hub. We want to be the only thieves' guild there. Monopoly, if you'll understand. We don't mind if you bring in other kinds of guilds like a witch coven or band of goblins, but we are to be the only thieves. Also, I assume you're using this town to cater to evil adventurers? We'd like to know what sort of level tier they're at, so we can adjust our goods and prices accordingly.

"Are they going to be beginner level, novice level, intermediate level, professional level, elite level or master level? I doubt elite and master level adventurers would go into a relatively new town, though. You can also make a mix of which type you want to bring in to your town. Make your choice and we'll restock accordingly."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2015, 11:14:07 pm »

Name town: Georgetown

Discussion with thieves: The first option please. We would also like just any evil adventurers in, have them write their names and level in a ledger. We should cater to goblin warriors in case we want to hire cheap mercenaries.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2015, 11:50:38 pm »

Discussion with thieves: The first option please. We would also like just any evil adventurers in, have them write their names and level in a ledger. We should cater to goblin warriors in case we want to hire cheap mercenaries.

+1

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2015, 01:09:30 am »

+1
+1
Also, put out advertisements or messengers advertising the new town to attract people
I do stuff, I guess

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2015, 08:17:34 am »

How aobut it we take option two, but we tell them to get rid specifically of priests? That would be better, they are the main threat.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2015, 08:22:39 am »

How aobut it we take option two, but we tell them to get rid specifically of priests? That would be better, they are the main threat.
If we are going that route why not just ask for option one but instead of stop them every other week, have the traps specify in anti-priesty things with some others mixed in so we still get the weekly attack but with a severely harmed or no priest at all and some heavily scuffed up other guys

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2015, 08:24:45 am »

If we are going that route why not just ask for option one but instead of stop them every other week, have the traps specify in anti-priesty things with some others mixed in so we still get the weekly attack but with a severely harmed or no priest at all and some heavily scuffed up other guys
Umm, yes, I was saying that, but I think that it is option 2 (because they still come every week, as stated)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2015, 08:34:20 am »

((No option two is bribery, I was saying ask to modify option one so instead of traps that stop attacks every other week, have traps that kill/maim priests and injure the rest of the party but still get attacked every week))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2015, 08:36:00 am »

((No option two is bribery, I was saying ask to modify option one so instead of traps that stop attacks every other week, have traps that kill/maim priests and injure the rest of the party but still get attacked every week))
Ahh, I get it now.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2015, 08:49:04 am »

I do stuff, I guess