Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Reign of Terror!  (Read 25987 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Terror!
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2015, 01:25:20 pm »

What if we set the house on fire to draw her out and then have some of our mooks sniper her with a crossbow or a longbow? Do we still have our skeletons?

As for the shades have them dip out of the mansion and into cover outside of the mansion. When they are outside we can have the shades lie in wait outside and be ready to pounce when they feel they can take her body or that of a body guard. That way we have two ways to take her out and then the jewel because I am pretty sure once shes dead we can just take what we want as the guards surrender.

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2015, 04:53:55 am »

What if we set the house on fire to draw her out and then have some of our mooks sniper her with a crossbow or a longbow? Do we still have our skeletons?

As for the shades have them dip out of the mansion and into cover outside of the mansion. When they are outside we can have the shades lie in wait outside and be ready to pounce when they feel they can take her body or that of a body guard. That way we have two ways to take her out and then the jewel because I am pretty sure once shes dead we can just take what we want as the guards surrender.
That is genius. And maybe if she is feeling up to it we can have the princess sniper instead. Save on resources. But I feel that the shades should go in pairs so even if she traps one the other can still trap her.
I do stuff, I guess

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2015, 06:59:13 am »

The lady isn't evil though...At least not to our knowledge.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2015, 05:17:24 am »

You grind your teeth so hard it cracks, but it quickly regenerates anyways. You summon a berserker yourself and open a portal to the old bitch's room, using the dead body of Mortimer as a sacrifice. You have the berserker leap and swing to the lady with her back turned. The twin axes lop both her arms clean off. You smile menacingly, but it quickly fades when you don't hear her scream. She turns around and reveals that she's carrying her amulet in her mouth. She leaps past the berserker and spits the amulet through your portal.

"Wrong move, monster."

The amulet flies right towards you as the portal closes and explodes in a flash of something. It isn't quite light. It isn't magic, either. But it hurts. Really bad. A quick survey of your body reveals you've lost both legs. They'll take forever to regen. That bitch is gonna pay.

"I'LL SHOW YOU!" you scream. Not because of the pain. You've gotten worse. You scream because of your pride.

You command some shades to possess some guards, preferably with crossbows or bows. The guards are clueless enough to be easily taken and the possessed guards easily kill their unsuspecting brethren. They make a ruckus outside the lady's study and barge in. One of them is instantly taken down by the armless lady. You can see in the background the butchered remains of the berserker you sent in earlier. Who the fuck is this lady? You call for Mora loudly, and as the Princess makes it to the top floor she gasps and drops her teacup.

"Oh gods. What happened to you? Do you need Robert to help?"

"I'll be fine. Get your bow out. I need you."

She awkwardly gets her bow ready. She has a confused look on her face. You open the portal again by sacrificing one of the shades. The possessed guard's body is ripped apart and replaced by a portal.

"Shoot her."

"B-but why? She's not a monster-"

"Shoot her."

She readies her arrow and closes her eyes. She releases her notched shot and it whizzes through the portal, sticking dead center in that old hag's forehead. Blood trickles down the old woman's face, but her smile won't go away. Mora opens her eyes and begins crying, frozen with fear.

"Evil spreads, today," she says with a voice not entirely her own. Fire begins to engulf her. "But evil ends tomorrow!" The fire takes her away completely, and the rest of the manor most likely. Just as the fire threatens to invade the portal and burn Mora, you crawl anddrag her down, shielding her. The portal closes and Robert and Sir Loin come to the roof to help you.

The next day, the representative from the Golden Sun Company arrived to meet you in your chambers. You've been stuck on your throne for a while, since, you know, you have no legs. The man is smartly dressed and impeccably clean, and speaks in the most formal of tones.

"Pleased to meet you, O evil one. I am Phineas Finch, one of the founding members of the Golden Sun Company. You've accepted our request to retrieve a jewel from Lady Mary Anne, and it seems you succeeded!"

In your hand you still have the amulet that the lady spat at you. It didn't get destroyed when it blew up. "What is it?"

"Exactly what we want to find out! We heard about Lady Mary Anne becoming more and more obsessed with a new form of magic, and recent intel showed that she used an amulet that her friend Mortimer gave her when they were children in a strange ritual."

"Mortimer? I think one of my shades possessed him. His 'friend' had his throat slit."

"Yes, quite sad. In fact, Mortimer came to us to tell us about his friend's growing strangeness and the amulet. He went to her yesterday to try and take it away from her. We are very pleased with your work, master George, and you will be compensated generously."

You throw the amulet to Finch. "Be careful. I lost my legs because of that."

"We'll be very careful, master George."

The man exits the tower and leaves you a note with a beautiful print of a Golden Sun in gold ink. On the back it states the address of one of their hideouts, in case you wish to use their facilities or fence stolen goods. Along with that, he left three entire bags of treasures, equaling to nearly three thousand gold, and a black iron statue of yourself. You sit on your throne and contemplate your next move.

A. Find a way to get your legs back faster. Your legs should have started regenerated by now. Maybe you need help from the greatest cleric known to evil: the Anti-Pope. He might be able to help, but he'll want something back, for sure.

B. Go and check out one of the Golden Sun hideouts. See what that's all about.

C. Make your town ready for habitation for the Golden Sun. Having them nearby will increase your influence on the land and start racking in gold.

((I see no reason why you can't do more than one of these quests. Just assign different people to do different things. I don't know how long that'll take to write, though. I might try to make these shorter.))
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2015, 05:52:08 am »

C and B.

I'm iffy about antipopes.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2015, 05:59:59 am »

> Don't bother about the legs, even disregarding time that wouldnt be worth the price, just put the lower halves of a bunch of skeletons to a chair with some straps and such and something to control them subconsciously in order to get around spider style.

> spaking of that, maybe it's time to spend a full turn or two on varius stuff with improving our base? Traps. Workshops. Furniture. Minnion types.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2015, 06:09:41 am »

C. And send Mora! She sure knows about decoration, right?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2015, 07:30:25 am »

B: ourselves and sir loin, always good to have some muscle when going to places like this. Maybe have sir loin carry us on his shoulders push us around in a wheel chair?

C: Send Robert in to staff the town with skeleton workers till real people can fill in their spots and have Mora command decoration and construction (not full building construction but interior design type stuff, maybe have one of the survivors that knows how do that bit)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2015, 09:27:14 am »

B: ourselves and sir loin, always good to have some muscle when going to places like this. Maybe have sir loin carry us on his shoulders push us around in a wheel chair?

C: Send Robert in to staff the town with skeleton workers till real people can fill in their spots and have Mora command decoration and construction (not full building construction but interior design type stuff, maybe have one of the survivors that knows how do that bit)
+1
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2015, 09:42:45 am »

Also we should thank mora for taking that shot

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2015, 10:16:53 am »

+1

+1 Also I agree we should thank her

UnicodingUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent at Incompetency.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2015, 08:21:27 pm »

+1

+1 Also I agree we should thank her
+1
I do stuff, I guess

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2015, 09:44:58 pm »

((I completely forgot how much money we have :p))

"Robert, I need some kind of wheelchair," you say begrudgingly.

"I got just the thing!" the boy says and scampers off downstairs. He returns with a throne of skulls floating in the air with two wheels of bone. "Ta-da!"

This kid has way too much time on his hands. "Sir Loin, you and I are going to the Golden Sun hideout."

"I will follow."

"Robert, Mora, you two are going to town to oversee its staffing and progress. Mora, you can decorate." The Princess' eyes shine for the first time in a while. "And Mora, thank you for taking that shot. I know it was difficult, but that's part of the job of being an adventurer, or in your case, a henchman."

Mora and Robert:
The pair enter the literal ghost town's entrance: a smashed gate with a broken sign. The old name carved into it is unrecognizable now. The townsfolk are still hard at work creating inns and taverns and storehouses with apathetic faces plastered on each of them. The ground is still grey with ash and the clouds have been blocking sunlight into the village for a week. Zombie overseers are busy looking intimidating the more lazy workers with grunts and growls.

"Hey Princess! Watch this!" Robert says with a big smile on his face and raises a whole bunch of skeletons from the ground. The skeletons quickly rearrange their bones to make a palanquin for Mora and carry her.

"Whoa!" she exclaims as the skeletons hoist her up to the palanquin. "Hahaha!" she gigles. "I haven't ridden in one of these since I was a kid. And certainly never ridden one made of bones." The skeleton palanquin and Robert begin to enter the town and the skeletons begin singing. The townsfolk stop what they were doing and watch curiously.

"How do you want to start, Princess?" the town elder asks on his knees. "We've built three inns and have another one halfway done. We have five storehouses ready for storage, and many buildings are ready to set up shop once evil adventurers come to visit."

Sir Loin and George:
The wheelchair seems to move according to George's will. He got the hang of it halfway through their journey to the Golden Sun hideout. The entrance was a hidden stone door in the side of a cliff, covered with trees and shrubs. It was marked by a golden sun painted outside, but hidden enough to be concealed to the average traveler. George rapped the door three times and was greeted by Mr. Finch. Finch bids you welcome and shows you inside.

"Here is where we lounge and enjoy ourselves: the common room." The common room isn't the seedy robber's tavern you were expecting. It was clean, furnished and elegant. The bar wasn't grungy and cheap; instead it had an entire wall of alcohol behind it and the bartender was smartly dressed. The lounge members were talking on the sofas and playing board games, some were busy discussing business, and others were just enjoying the violinists.

"Well, this is unexpected," you say.

Finch smiles. "Many of our business partners say the exact same words, Master George." He orders three cups of golden wine for you, Loin and himself. "Come this way, to my office."

His office is a small but equally furnished room with a desk and some chairs. There is a bookshelf laden with ancient tomes and personal journals. "You have an interesting collection of magic books, Mr. Finch."

"Ah, yes. I used to be an explorer, you know. I was particularly interested in magic lore. I wrote some of those books myself. Here, take one." He hands you a book: The Intricacies of the Arcane by Lenaeus Mana. "I used another name then. And used other names for other books as well. You might have heard of me by another name somewhere."

"I'm not a fan of reading." You can't read all that well. "But my friend Robert might enjoy this. Anyways, let's get down to business."

"Of course. Since you got us Lady Mary Anne's amulet, we'd be delighted to become partners with you. What would be your terms of partnership?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2015, 10:46:40 pm »

Rob and Mora: Finish the last inn, send out orders for food and drinks to be delivered from sources that work with evil people (I'm sure there is a general supply chain in this world that caters to evil). Train the people as inn workers and storehouse laborers, lax their hours from 24/7 to about a 7~9 hour work day. Allow them to rebuild houses but have them be a distance away and feed them. Create a few more skeleton workers to help farm, collect some of the ashes as fertilizer if you have to but leave some for visual effect. Decorate in a gothic tone, as long as Mora stays gothic/dark she can do whatever she wants.

Loin and George: "We would like to open up a thieves guild hub in a town that I control. It has inns, taverns, and store houses all it needs now is people who want to travel there and do business"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15