Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: Reign of Terror!  (Read 26054 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Terror!
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2015, 08:24:41 pm »

No, we need to secure our source of power, and that means spoiling Mora so she WANTS to stay.

> 3!

> Do send Sir Loin to capture some of those unontrolable constructs for studdy as a side thing
+1.
-1 So that she can fight her way out when she's being resuced? Heck no.

I'm going for the graveyard.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2015, 09:21:05 pm »

-1 So that she can fight her way out when she's being resuced? Heck no.
I'm voting for 3 now, just for the off chance it'll end in such a giant anti-climax.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2015, 10:31:49 pm »

No, we need to secure our source of power, and that means spoiling Mora so she WANTS to stay.

> 3!

> Do send Sir Loin to capture some of those unontrolable constructs for studdy as a side thing
+1.
+1
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2015, 01:09:01 am »

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2015, 01:59:46 am »

> 3!

+1.
+1
+1
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2015, 04:54:22 am »

It seems the consensus is to make Mora an archer. Robert sensed it's location a few days ago, and now he's pinpointed it in the hands of a bandit chieftain, hiding deep in the center of his clan. Robert detects a few magic users there.

How much money do you want to spend on the mission? Sending in yourself or your henchmen costs nothing, but it's dangerous to go alone.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2015, 04:57:32 am »

It's dangerous to go alone!

How much money we have anyway? I would say to spend another 300.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2015, 07:49:29 am »

It's dangerous to go alone!

How much money we have anyway? I would say to spend another 300.
+1
And bring death knight with us
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2015, 07:57:19 am »

How much can Robert do in terms of combat? There will be a lot of bandits, so offensive magic could be usefull.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2015, 08:13:04 am »

With Robert around there will be a strong bonus to all undead under his control. He knows some direct combat spells such as fireball, lightning and decay, etc as well as basic magic missiles. He mostly relies on utility and support spells. His undead will also be tougher and faster. He is vulnerable to fire, healing spells and light spells.

For Sir Loin, he is a skilled warrior and a decent spellcaster. He has basic combat spells and some good equipment. All undead under his command have unnatural discipline and an innate knowledge of tactics. He is vulnerable to fire, light spells and healing spells. He can also be turned by priests and paladins.

George has above-average combat spells, such as disintegrate, immolate and havoc. He is an incredibly strong warrior and fighter. He has a bonus to all his minions and henchman, giving them an insatiable bloodlust. (Does not stack with Sir Loin's aura.) He owns a magic item called the Ring of War. He is vulnerable to pure damage, chaos damage and failure.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2015, 08:16:01 am »

Have Robert make some minions and put them under Sir Loin's command

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2015, 08:46:37 am »

Hmm. Send Sir Loin in with the main force (2 brutes, 10 warriors) and have Robert cover him with a group of 10 archers.

Edit:
Between Robert's fastness bonus and his ability to sense magic users, he should be the best equiped to deal with the magic users.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:00:54 am by AfellowDwarf »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2015, 09:04:43 am »

Posting to watch.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2015, 06:25:15 pm »

Mission 3 Go!

You, Robert and Sir Loin return to the Rood Part of George. As you climb up the stairs, Robert gives Sir Loin a tour of the tower.

"So, this is the first floor. It's a reception room of sorts. Now, the second floor is where the servants lounge around." There is a pile of bones on the floor. "On to the third floor, we have this torture chamb-"

He is interrupted by the squealing of Princess Mora and the quick steps down the stairs. "Yayayay! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She leaps and gives you a hug in midair. You see Robert pout and glare, so you set the Princess down with one arm.

"Thank you so much for getting me that bow!"

"How did you know we were going to get it?"

"Magic?" she says with mischief.

Robert shuffles closer. "You know, Princess, I was the one who found its locati-"

Mora glances at him and for the briefest moment you see a bit of sadness in her face, which quickly returns back to her happy self. "Oh, hey, who's the new guy?"

You explain Sir Loin's existence. You throw Robert a pouch of 400 gold to make minions for the trip, to which Mora squeals in delight again and runs off to her room. You pat Robert on the shoulder. Sir Loin follows your lead, patting him on the shoulder perhaps a bit too hard. Robert begins summoning, and returns with two brutes, ten warriors and ten archers. You cast your teleport spell on them and they disappear.

From your mystical orb you see what transpires with your henchmen. You see the bandit lair up ahead, a wooden fortress built into a tree with many surrounding guard tower tree houses around it. There are a lot of elf bowmen and bandit warriors, and Robert detects the magic users scattered around the fortress. Sir Loin readies his minions and begins scaling the trees. The elves try to pepper them with arrows, but they simply go through the skeletons' ribcage or bounces off Sir Loin's armor. Robert orders his archers to fire, hitting some of the elves and causing them to fall to their deaths.

Sir Loin finally reaches the top and charges. He slashes left and right, darting away from sword blows and arrows. The two brutes swing their clubs and bash away, but one of them is taken down by a barrage of arrows. The second one is pushed off the treetop. The skeletal warriors don't last long, but they manage to keep the bandits busy while Sir Loin finishes them off. Robert continues his assault, meanwhile shooting fireballs to the leafy canopy. The fortress is ablaze!

Finally you see the magic users, three tall elves wearing robes. What are these wizards doing with bandits? You don't have time to think as Sir Loin is blasted by three bolts of magic at once, causing him to nearly fall off the bridge. He casts chill on one of them, rooting his foot to the ground with ice. Robert teleports to the top, blasting with magic missiles. One of them is hit and trips and falls off the roof. The other two retaliate harder. Sir Loin is finally knocked off the tree. He falls with a thud and it seems his legs are shattered, but he doesn't feel any pain. The archers continue firing, but their arrows bounce off a force field of sorts.

Robert pools his efforts and casts decay on the rooted wizard, causing the flesh slough off his face and body. The Wizard next to him grimaces and spits.

"You'll regret this." He teleports away.

Robert enters the treasury of the bandit lair. He senses the Bow of True Shot and the Ironhide armor. There is a bunch of loot and treasure as well, giving you 1000 gold. The Wizard that fell is still alive, so Sir Loin crawls over and asks for orders. Using your magic crystal ball, you can "speak"  through Sir Loin.

((Sorry. Ran out of time writing this so I ended it like that.))
Dying of laughter?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2015, 06:42:26 pm »

Teleport him the ring or war, maybe that can help. And have him chill the wizard down and kill him, by strangulation if need be
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15