Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Reign of Terror!  (Read 26035 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Terror!
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2015, 07:23:33 pm »

He's severely crippled and barely alive. The Wizard that is.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2015, 07:49:40 pm »

Acquire wizard soul.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2015, 09:44:31 pm »

Teleport him back to the tower. We need a Lich, made the old way.

By the way, does someone know a kind of undead that sucks magic away?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2015, 09:51:44 pm »

Hum..

Haunters drain lifeforce through fear. Switch their feeding to mana and they'll prolly suck mana through fear.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2015, 09:55:40 pm »

> Lets just put the wizard in a cell in our tower for now
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2015, 09:59:35 pm »

We could just use him for the graveyard.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2015, 10:00:15 pm »

This is a D&D-like universe, right? Because otherwise with need Felbeasts, but those are demons.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2015, 10:51:17 am »

We should try to get this wizard to part with his reason of being here and the location of his peers. If Sir Loin can't get him to give us this information, use his soul to create a sentient oven tray and keep baking cakes until he caves.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 10:54:28 am by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2015, 11:25:59 am »

We should try to get this wizard to part with his reason of being here and the location of his peers. If Sir Loin can't get him to give us this information, use his soul to create a sentient oven tray and keep baking cakes until he caves.
Yes.yes yesyesyesyesyesohgodsyesiamalmostthereyesyesyeeeeeeeeeees. Or the clean version of that Elvin song: Thiiiiiiisss
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2015, 12:50:13 pm »

Yes.yes yesyesyesyesyesohgodsyesiamalmostthereyesyesyeeeeeeeeeees. Or the clean version of that Elvin song: Thiiiiiiisss
Yes
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2015, 01:42:48 pm »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2015, 03:40:01 am »

You channel your energy through the crystal ball and speak through Sir Loin. "What's a wizard like you doing with a bunch of thugs? I thought you guys were against evildoers."

The wizard coughs up some blood. "Pah. Like I'd ever tell you, monster! You're going to get what you deserve! Yeah, I see you, hiding behind your crystal ball! Don't think I can't either!"

You are prepared to turn him into an oven and make him bake cakes until he breaks, but as soon as you have the thought the wizard screams in horrible agony. Blinding light begins to engulf him, powerful enough to turn Sir Loin away. Sir Loin panics and runs a few steps backwards, smoke rising from his singed flesh. The wizard begins to laugh maniacally.

"We see you!" he screams in a voice not entirely his. He disappears without leaving a trace. The wizard bodies closer to Robert disappear as well.

After Robert teleports the loot, the bow and the armor back to the tower, he begins healing Sir Loin. That was some potent pure damage back there. He teleports back with Sir Loin and meets you and the Princess on the top floor. Princess Mora has a blindfold around her eyes, giggling excitedly to herself. You sit on your throne, pondering menacingly, when Robert reveals the armor and bow to Mora, whipping the cover off the gifts with a flourish.

"Yayayayayay!" she cries and runs and hugs Robert, picking up the thousand year old boy necro and twirling him around the air. You swear he's blushing, but he really can't because there's no blood circulation in him.

Mora dons the Ironhide armor and the True Shot Bow. A magical quiver appears on her back, empty. You tell her to pull out an arrow like you normally would. She does so, and an arrow magically appears in her hand. You throw a rotten apple in the air, and she turns and fires the arrow in an instant.

"Wow. I didn't think I could do that!"

"You can't. The bow does it for you," you explain to her.

"Oh. Sweet! No need to practice!" You've gained a new henchman: Princess Mora!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's time for the third mission for the week, the weekly rescue party!

"I'm the first princess you've captured, right George?" she asks. "There's a few things you should know. Firstly, I'm not allowed to participate actively in the rescue, ie. I can't help the rescuers by sabotaging the lair, nor can I help you by fighting the rescuers. It's all in the Peach-Zelda Code, written by my two great grandmothers."

"The what code?" you ask.

"Princesses aren't the actual daughters of monarchs. They're a race of women governed by Zelda and Peach. We're the wealthiest race in the world, as well as the most influential. When we come of age, we're lent to a king for him to raise and protect. Evil bosses sometimes capture Princesses to consolidate their power, like you did. Kings are only allowed one Princess each, so to have one stolen from them is a big loss to their rep.

"Kings will send powerful parties to rescue the Princess. Princesses don't have to worry about this, because according to the code Princesses must not be harmed in the conflict. If a Princess is hurt, or worse, dies, then the attacker will feel the full fury of the Princess race on them. I'll be safe. I like it here, honestly. The skeleton butlers don't gossip about you, it's quiet here, there's a nice view on the roof, too."

She is, however, allowed to tell you about the rescuers. "Just like the great Mario and Link, many heroes dream of rescuing Princesses. There's a big college dedicated to it, called Link Memorial School of Rescue. The party that's coming are a bunch of graduates from the LMSR trying to get job experience. It's a party of eight or nine, not sure about their composition, but they're decently leveled."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2015, 06:21:24 am »

> Hmm, so you're not allowed to *fight* the rescuers... BUT that doesn't mean you have to act as a prisoner would be expect to, no? What about you quietly sneak out the back door and hide in some random tree deep in the forest where they wouldn't think to look and even if they did probably climb up and get you?
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2015, 09:13:14 am »

Still got the minions from earlier when we had Robert make a few guards correct?
Let's make a few more, toss Robert 500 gold and let him make minions at his own discretion. Let the princess watch the battle from the rooftop. Make sure any brute Robert raises go under Sir Loin's command.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2015, 08:24:55 pm »

also
> Set up a zipline that the princes just "happens" to discover and use to "escape" just before she'd be rescued from the top of the tower to very far away in the forest.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15