Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Reign of Terror!  (Read 26033 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Terror!
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2015, 09:01:44 pm »

Wait, OH, Well judging by George's insanity and Ego perhaps it's not to far Out of Character  :P, But that will only add to adventurers being unable to decode the backwardness, They'll be to busy snickering to notice the true meaning of the name!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2015, 09:03:04 pm »

How about if we raise the knight as a death knight? That exists in this setting?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2015, 09:08:59 pm »

How about if we raise the knight as a death knight? That exists in this setting?
If possible, lets do that.

And maybe the wizards as liches and the rogue as a wraith.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2015, 10:12:10 pm »

+1 perfect for our lair!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2015, 10:29:36 pm »

+1
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2015, 10:39:24 pm »

+1
Can we name the tower?
I vote for tower Rood Part
(Trap door spelled backwards, one the adventurers figure it out it'll be too late  :P)

So awesome, But we should call it the Rood Part of George to maximize our Ego.
"Have them burn everything down. I want the corpses revived and to help build a large lodge for the thieves and rouges. They'll also rebuild the surrounding village which shall be named Thalus. Oh an make sure to get our Knightly friend over their. We could always use an armored Zombie right?"

Burn and then rebuild the village with the skeletons and dead people. Rename town and open up the thieves lodge.

Who knows maybe we CAN get some assassins or some hearsay news from there.
+ all
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2015, 05:59:56 pm »

"I want a thieves' lodge built here. Rob, reanimate the corpses to help the construction. I also want a death knight."

Robert nods and raises both his hands. The dead guards and villagers stand once more, eliciting screams from the living. They are then ordered to begin construction immediately. The downtrodden peasants do as they're told, overseers by some zombies. Construction will take about a week or so at the pace they're going.

Meanwhile, you drag the corpse of the dead knight to the center of the village. Robert prepares a circle and some candles. You had him 300 gold for the other ritual requirements. He reappears and begins the ritual of binding. Thunder claps in the background and ghastly screams can be heard from deep underground. The death knight awakens.

"I am returned. What is thy bidding, master?"

"Sweet."

You know have another henchman: Sir Loin of the village of Steak. He is a death knight capable of mounted combat and undead magic. All undead under his command are more disciplined and under control. In the meanwhile, you rename your Tower into the Rood Part of George, to which Robert sniggers and Sir Loin lets out a rasping sound, which is probably a laugh.

It's time for mission 2! As always, you have three options, but Spam isn't the only source of quests in this game.

1. Build a graveyard of eternal death. Robert wants this magical graveyard built here to provide a source of never ending corpses as a labor source. This will speed up construction, and afterwards there will be a limitless number of guards for this village. You'll need to fight a powerful wizard and take his soul.

2. Find the armor of Death Chill. A powerful set of armor that will make Sir Loin one of the most fearsome death knights known to the land. You'll need to send a team to venture a deep catacombs and fight uncontrollable undead and animated constructs.

3. Princess Mora wants to join some of the action! If you can find her the Bow of True Shot and the Hide of Ironboar, you can gain yet another henchman capable of sniping from incredibly long distances.

The thing about magical artifacts is, unless they're bound to a person or corpse, they tend to move around. Dungeons and tombs also have magical seals that open up every once in a while, so chances to steal things might be lost for now, only to pop up later on. Magic also flows inconsistently, so building magic buildings also have a limited timeframe.

I'm making these clear so you don't choose one thing, then immediately say you want to do another. Or multitask. It's like a multiple choice on a test; you can't choose A and B at the same time, and it's a one time choice. You move on to the next question after.

This doesn't mean your choices are limited either. You can do creative things with the choices you make, such as turning the knight into a death knight and gaining yourself another henchman.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2015, 06:04:29 pm »

I vote the ternal graveyard thing. That sounds awesome.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2015, 06:08:37 pm »

That Death Chill armor though.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2015, 06:13:24 pm »

+1 for 3. I think a ranged fighter would be very useful.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2015, 07:01:51 pm »

Hmm. I suppose we know something about the general location of the stuff Mora asked for? I don't know how we would go about searching for anything with our current resources.

With the team's high expertise in undead, obtaining the deathchill armor should be right up our alley. Then again, George is already a pretty great warrior.

The graveyard should allow us to build up the village considerably. I'm inching towards this, but all options sound pretty sweet. We could find a wizard in a tower, then bring that tower down. The beardy slob will inevitably come flying out or save himself via some other magicy bull, but we can subsequently turn him into a pincushion if we move enough undead archers nearby.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2015, 07:12:42 pm »

I vote the ternal graveyard thing. That sounds awesome.

+1
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2015, 07:13:34 pm »

No, we need to secure our source of power, and that means spoiling Mora so she WANTS to stay.

> 3!

> Do send Sir Loin to capture some of those unontrolable constructs for studdy as a side thing
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2015, 07:15:47 pm »

No, we need to secure our source of power, and that means spoiling Mora so she WANTS to stay.

> 3!

> Do send Sir Loin to capture some of those unontrolable constructs for studdy as a side thing
+1.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2015, 07:29:09 pm »

Going into the Caves we have a chance of finding a wizard, we can make whats her face a bow and whatever else she wants with funds.

+1 to the armor.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15