Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544212 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #13140 on: March 01, 2016, 10:53:41 pm »

Oh no, I was unclear. I'm not throwing away my vote because I was a Sanders fan, I'm throwing it away because, at this point, I'm finally resigned to all the candidates being bad.
That's politics. Voting for the lesser of evils. Usually.

I found Ted Cruz to fit right with me with almost everything. (except the tax plan, but you can't have everything.)

(Plz don't kill me.)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13141 on: March 01, 2016, 10:56:00 pm »

Tell me, OSG- is your problem with Cruz's tax plan that he has too much tax?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13142 on: March 01, 2016, 10:56:15 pm »

The one saving grace for Sanders is that the bulk of the black-heavy states are tonight.

Yes, time is linear.  He wont take his lumps in these states again.  The thing is it was pretty much the worse case scenario everywhere but Oklahoma and Minnesota for him.

The wizard puts it best of course:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/super-tuesday-primaries-presidential-election-2016/?#livepress-update-11918052
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13143 on: March 01, 2016, 10:57:58 pm »

Oh no, I was unclear. I'm not throwing away my vote because I was a Sanders fan, I'm throwing it away because, at this point, I'm finally resigned to all the candidates being bad.
That's politics. Voting for the lesser of evils. Usually.
That usually is going to turn into a myth at this rate. One with a crappy ending.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13144 on: March 01, 2016, 11:01:04 pm »

The one saving grace for Sanders is that the bulk of the black-heavy states are tonight.

Yes, time is linear.  He wont take his lumps in these states again.  The thing is it was pretty much the worse case scenario everywhere but Oklahoma and Minnesota for him.

The wizard puts it best of course:
http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/super-tuesday-primaries-presidential-election-2016/?#livepress-update-11918052

*lalalalalalala* NOT LISTENING

(sigh...yeah, that's what I meant about ceding delegates in the South. My hope is that people go "wow, he won more than Vermont!" and that gives him a boost of some kind. And then superdelegates start defecting. And then Hillary short-circuits and incinerates a baby with her eye-beams on live TV. A BLACK baby.)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13145 on: March 01, 2016, 11:02:45 pm »

Tell me, OSG- is your problem with Cruz's tax plan that he has too much tax?
No. I think that a flat tax over everybody is a bad idea. I think that businesses should be taxed more than the people etc. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more taxes if it was being spent on sensible things. (like the debt.)
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13146 on: March 01, 2016, 11:04:23 pm »

Right now the most plausible path to a Sanders presidency is an agrarian revolt.  Have fun out there.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13147 on: March 01, 2016, 11:05:01 pm »

Do you guys think it's possible that Cruz might get past the 50% mark and take all of the Texas delegates? His percentage is slowly rising and there is a LONG way to go over there.

I wonder who'll get Alsaska....

Right now the most plausible path to a Sanders presidency is an agrarian revolt.  Have fun out there.

Lol maniac......

Also, it seems like EVERYBODY will take it to the convention, unless they run out of cash first.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:06:40 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13148 on: March 01, 2016, 11:06:08 pm »

The Grange II: Organic Boogaloo

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #13149 on: March 01, 2016, 11:06:28 pm »

While I doubt that Sanders will get the nomination, I think his strong showing in this primary will have interesting repercussions for the Democratic party in the next few years. Win or Lose, the fact that he's been a serious contender in any way is going to have an impact.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13150 on: March 01, 2016, 11:09:04 pm »

I do hope so, I love his platform.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13151 on: March 01, 2016, 11:11:23 pm »

I do hope so, I love his platform.

Hillary loved it so much, she stole it!  :P

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13152 on: March 01, 2016, 11:12:17 pm »

I always thought Sanders was just a platform candidate. He's campaigning to get his issues into the election dialog, but not necessarily to be the one to execute them. He still looks like a viable veep for the ticket.

And on the other side, Cruz is urging rivals to quit so he can take on Trump. But anyone who can't accept Trump won't accept him as the alternative.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13153 on: March 01, 2016, 11:12:32 pm »

It seems the margin of Trumps victories has receded a bit from earlier.  He had a strong night but not so strong to give him an overwhelming lead.

Lol maniac......

Looking at the county by county results the conclusion is inescapable.  Did you not see the Oklahoma video I posted before?  There is plenty of historical precedent for this.

While I doubt that Sanders will get the nomination, I think his strong showing in this primary will have interesting repercussions for the Democratic party in the next few years.

His appeal to younger, whiter voters probably fore tells something big but it's hard to say exactly what.  It will probably be quite significant in hindsight.

In the end, you could argue that that was the point of his candidacy this whole time. Not so much for him to win, but for his ideas to be shoved into mainstream politics. Let's face it; Clinton's rhetoric would be far different if he never ran.

I think probably moreso in future elections then in this one.  A lot of future candidates probably got a lot of ideas these past couple months.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:16:01 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13154 on: March 01, 2016, 11:17:32 pm »

In the end, you could argue that that was the point of his candidacy this whole time. Not so much for him to win, but for his ideas to be shoved into mainstream politics. Let's face it; Clinton's rhetoric would be far different if he never ran.

I think probably moreso in future elections then in this one.  A lot of future candidates probably got a lot of ideas these past couple months.
Agreed. Gotta shift that Overton Window.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 875 876 [877] 878 879 ... 1342