Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1544245 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Donald J. Trump's Jet Fuel Can't Melt Steel Beams 2016 Megathread
« Reply #13125 on: March 01, 2016, 10:33:46 pm »

Give it time. Once Clinton is the nominee, I guarantee you'll see a lot of muttering about "pulling a Vince Foster on her".

Sanders looks set to win Minnesota, Vermont, and Oklahoma and has a decent shot at Colorado. So far, this is probably a better night than expected for the Sanders camp, despite getting shellacked hard in the South.

EDIT: Kasich within 600 votes of Trump in Vermont.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:40:37 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13126 on: March 01, 2016, 10:38:54 pm »

So far, this is probably a better night than expected for the Sanders camp

As the resident killjoy, I'm gonna say you are wrong on that.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13127 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:24 pm »

Agreed; I was basically expecting him to start and end in Vermont. I'm putting it down to state polls being dodgier than national ones, especially in flyover country.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13128 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:44 pm »

Eh?
Needs numbers.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13129 on: March 01, 2016, 10:41:50 pm »

I would be disappointed if you didn't.
It's a mixed bag -- symbolic victories by taking at least four states. Possible strategic losses by ceding more delegates in the South.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13130 on: March 01, 2016, 10:42:34 pm »

Don't know why Minnesota hasn't been called for Sanders yet, maybe the more populated areas haven't sent all of their votes in yet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13131 on: March 01, 2016, 10:45:54 pm »

It's a mixed bag -- symbolic victories by taking at least four states. Possible strategic losses by ceding more delegates in the South.

Symbolism and momentum only really matter going into Super Tuesday.  This is the point where it's simple delegate accumulation.  Clinton pretty much got the nomination in the bag with the blowout victories tonight.  Sanders would need to have a near miraculous surge and win remaining states by like 15% where he is currently losing by 20%.  He neeed to be running the tables in New England to make up for his deficit in the south.  Instead it's basically tied in Massachusetts.

Even in the crazy pants banana town that is the republican nomination, it's really getting to the point where the count of delegates starts to be the most important thing.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:47:42 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13132 on: March 01, 2016, 10:47:19 pm »

In that case, *sigh*.

Then again, those states might sway the later ones.  I don't actually KNOW, but hey, there is a chance.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:49:16 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13133 on: March 01, 2016, 10:47:56 pm »

Hinsdale County, CO: 100% reporting, 14 votes, 10-3 to Sanders

A triumphant and decisive victory. I guess 7% of the vote in that county went to Vermin Supreme.

Someone wasted their vote on O'Malley, I bet.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13134 on: March 01, 2016, 10:48:02 pm »

Eh. At this point, I'm probably going to write-in Stalin or something...but I dunno about writing out Sanders. I mean, I really doubt he's going to win the nomination, but with southern states out of the way, he could make a comeback.

Again, I have no stake in this argument plz no murder.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13135 on: March 01, 2016, 10:48:37 pm »

Eh. At this point, I'm probably going to write-in Stalin or something...but I dunno about writing out Sanders. I mean, I really doubt he's going to win the nomination, but with southern states out of the way, he could make a comeback.

Again, I have no stake in this argument plz no murder.

Come on now. People throwing away their vote only makes it worse.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13136 on: March 01, 2016, 10:50:30 pm »

Symbolism and momentum only really matter going into Super Tuesday.  This is the point where it's simple delegate accumulation.  Clinton pretty much got the nomination in the bag with the blowout victories tonight.  Sanders would need to have a near miraculous surge and win remaining states by like 15% where he is currently losing by 20%.  He neeed to be running the tables in New England to make up for his deficit in the south.  Instead it's basically tied in Massachusetts.

Even in the crazy pants banana town that is the republican nomination, it's really getting to the point where the count of delegates starts to be the most important thing.

The one saving grace for Sanders is that the bulk of the black-heavy states are tonight. He could potentially do a lot better in the Mountain West and the upper Midwest. And even in the more diverse states, the gap is closing. Clinton's lead here in NC is down to +10 in the latest poll, which means I'll probably be voting in the Dem primary after all.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13137 on: March 01, 2016, 10:50:42 pm »

Oh no, I was unclear. I'm not throwing away my vote because I was a Sanders fan, I'm throwing it away because, at this point, I'm finally resigned to all the candidates being bad.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13138 on: March 01, 2016, 10:50:57 pm »

Oh no, I was unclear. I'm not throwing away my vote because I was a Sanders fan, I'm throwing it away because, at this point, I'm finally resigned to all the candidates being bad.
Huh?
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13139 on: March 01, 2016, 10:52:41 pm »

He'll still get a significant number of delegates, enough to have a strong voice in the Convention.

I read somewhere (forget where, might have been a 538 article or a Politico history section article) that if a candidate (Jessie Jackson in the case I'm remembering) gets enough delegates (15%?)they get something called a 'minority report' (nothing to do with the movie) and they have a major say in the party's policy platform. But that one was back in the 80's, so, I don't know how it works now.

"warning, 7 new posts came while you typed" lol.

edit: The civil rights activist, not the outlaw (I had Jessie James in by accident).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 10:55:01 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 874 875 [876] 877 878 ... 1342