Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 1342

Author Topic: Murrican Politics Megathread 2016: There Will Be Hell Toupée  (Read 1545353 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ted Cruz's Adult Coloring Book and Chill 2016 Megathread
« Reply #12180 on: February 20, 2016, 12:36:55 pm »

Spain being dicks doesn't help anyone, it just makes it so someone else has to solve the problem.

The UNHCR says that there are 573,828 persons of concern in Germany, 142,628 in Italy and 17,258 in Spain.  So I'm going to stand by my statement that Germany is doing more to help then Italy or Spain.

The measure of the compassion of a society is whether they help people, not whether they win style points while not helping people.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12181 on: February 20, 2016, 12:47:44 pm »

Spain being dicks doesn't help anyone, it just makes it so someone else has to solve the problem.

The UNHCR says that there are 573,828 persons of concern in Germany, 142,628 in Italy and 17,258 in Spain.  So I'm going to stand by my statement that Germany is doing more to help then Italy or Spain.

The measure of the compassion of a society is whether they help people, not whether they win style points while not helping people.
Prudent, because the USA and UK have helped far more with no flair whilst for Germany it was all about grand bold international declarations that helped no one.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12182 on: February 20, 2016, 12:49:16 pm »

Besides half a million people, no one.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: February 20, 2016, 12:53:24 pm »

Refugees aren't actually people to Europollers right now, mainiac, sorry. Which is why I stopped following the thread. :V
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12184 on: February 20, 2016, 12:55:58 pm »

Besides half a million people, no one.
With the two largest foreign aid budgets in the world they've helped hundreds of millions whilst Germany brought disaster to Europe to parade 500,000 refugees around like diverse trophies. Germany gets thanks from swpl hipsters reblogging on the internet whilst our aid goes to people so desperate they can't even flee war. The very fact that you think only half a million have been helped by US and UK just goes to show who's helping because they are compassionate, and who's helping because they want style. No heads of states went on television to be applauded by the world to do the right thing as Merkel did. They just did it.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12185 on: February 20, 2016, 12:56:58 pm »

The very fact that you think only half a million have been helped by US and UK just goes to show

... that you are projecting things onto me that I am in no way saying or coming remotely close to saying.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12186 on: February 20, 2016, 01:00:18 pm »

What exactly are you accusing Merkel of failing to do? I ask because so far I haven't heard anything that wasn't intentional and driven by her core beliefs.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12187 on: February 20, 2016, 01:03:16 pm »

... that you are projecting things onto me that I am in no way saying or coming remotely close to saying.
Did you mean something else by this?

Or was your 500,000 in reference to Germany's refugees? In either case do not bother assuming there are any personal accusations on you, I do not care for that - this is my point:
No heads of states went on television to be applauded by the world to do the right thing as Merkel did. They just did it.
No power grabs were made under the crisis as Germany did with Frontex and no one sabotaged the borders of other countries as Merkel did irregardless of their own wishes, and with less money more were helped with no publicity. Compassion is not measured by PR.

What exactly are you accusing Merkel of failing to do? I ask because so far I haven't heard anything that wasn't intentional and driven by her core beliefs.
I would say being intentionally inept or accidentally inept makes no difference, she had no mechanisms to distinguish between asylum seekers, refugees, migrants and militants, was struggling to cope with 60,000 a year and had capacity for at most 500,000 a year and ended up with 1.8 million a year and rising, forced poorer nations into submitting to her policies - When you so ill prepared for what you have started that you have to begin confiscating the possessions of asylum seekers in order to try and pay for everything, you have failed to prevent and you have failed to accommodate this happening. The NYE attacks for example, were an egregious failure.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 01:08:50 pm by Loud Whispers »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #12188 on: February 20, 2016, 01:12:14 pm »

The way that you blame sabotaging borders for "problems", I wish there were a fuckload more sabotaged borders in this world.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12189 on: February 20, 2016, 01:18:46 pm »

The way that you blame sabotaging borders for "problems", I wish there were a fuckload more sabotaged borders in this world.
Give me two oceans for walls and I'll throw my borders away in a blink. What do you think of the rest of my post? The power grab, the whole thing about actually helping vs helping those for style points and power? Is the real problem then that Barack Obama does not take selfies with the people he helped as Merkel did?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #12190 on: February 20, 2016, 01:26:25 pm »

... it's funny you talk about ocean walls when the US has an undocumented immigrant population about a sixth the size of the UK's total body count. Also a total immigrant population (counting first and second gen) about the size of germany in its entirety. Hella' walls going on there :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12191 on: February 20, 2016, 01:33:11 pm »

Oi, get your filthy eyooro politics out of glorious America Thread. Refugees are not an american problem, as evidenced by the complete lack of them over here. :P

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12192 on: February 20, 2016, 01:34:28 pm »

Refugees aren't actually people to Europollers right now, mainiac, sorry. Which is why I stopped following the thread. :V

Most of the immigrants aren't refugees. No European country has any moral or legal obligation to care for them.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12193 on: February 20, 2016, 01:37:04 pm »

... it's funny you talk about ocean walls when the US has an undocumented immigrant population about a sixth the size of the UK's total body count. Also a total immigrant population (counting first and second gen) about the size of germany in its entirety. Hella' walls going on there :V

For the USA where two large oceans separate the old world from the new, everyone who sets foot there has either snuck in from North or South or was given permission.
Funny innit, turns out Mexicans aren't from Pakistan after all

Oi, get your filthy eyooro politics out of glorious America Thread. Refugees are not an american problem, as evidenced by the complete lack of them over here. :P
I saw someone slagging off the USA as not doing anything whilst Germany was so compassionate and so I was summoned here by law of skub, as I cannot stand people slagging off the country doing the most whilst saying the USA should emulate the power that did the least. Basic bitch PR games and signalling
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 1342