Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I roll for Mundane tasks as well? Or should I keep the current system?

Roll for everything!
- 0 (0%)
Roll for mundane tasks and difficult tasks.
- 3 (42.9%)
Keep the same system.
- 3 (42.9%)
Slap a sticker on this baby and send her to Forum Games and Roleplaying.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a troll. Goodbye!
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]  (Read 9196 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2015, 07:15:37 pm »

(( PHOENIX DOWN ))

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2015, 08:41:56 pm »

Stand there with a look that says "come back here you"
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2015, 08:52:42 pm »

Everyone stay together! Hoi Duncan, Towa, perhaps try your bag and blade on the appropriate indents. Who knows what it'll do, but it's not as if we have anywhere else to go.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2015, 09:39:46 pm »

Towa looked at everyone else in surprise. "Are you telling me that nobody else sees Duncan playng with a BLOODY FLESH EATING BEAR?"
try to evaluate the sanity of my comrades and choose if I should really be hanging out with them, or if I will probably die because of them on this adventure. Then try not to freak out, and just do what i am told, you dont argue with crazy,
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2015, 11:30:50 pm »

"It's probably not a good idea to just pick a bear cub up, Duncan..."

Prepare to help Duncan if Bran becomes hostile.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2015, 06:57:52 am »

Duncan glares angrily at the bear cub, but the cub just sits up, and starts licking his paw. One eye is open, and looking pointedly at you. Duncan continues glaring at the bear, while Rhygor stands by to provide assistance, but it seems it will not be necessary. Towa, in the meanwhile, begins to realize that everyone currently in the cave is crazy. Excluding him, of course. He then does as ordered by Yonzy, and moves towards the bag slot.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2015, 08:11:58 am »

"Mm... aha!" says Odo, pocketing the feather. Though having a feather that stabs him in the chest for giggles may not be necessarily desirable, maybe he can pawn it off on someone.

Towa looked at everyone else in surprise. "Are you telling me that nobody else sees Duncan playng with a BLOODY FLESH EATING BEAR?"

"Towa, you stupid," says Odo. "Bear is not bloody flesh eating, bear is small little kiddy friendly bear. Angry bear mommy who is not far is what you be scared of, Towa."

With that in mind, step away from Bran and Duncan and check out avenues of escape. Does this room lead anywhere, or is it a dead end?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2015, 09:34:43 am »

"Thank you for making this worse, Odo." Towa spoke as he took a few strips of jerky out and placed his bag into the slot shaped for it. Ok, they hyperactive little twit is the least insane. . . . Maybe I CAN trust him.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2015, 11:04:04 am »

Slap my side looking at the bear, and head to the sword indent try my blade into it.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2015, 03:21:33 pm »

Odo, worried about the possibility of an angry Momma-Bear, slips the feather into his pocket, and searches for possible exits. Apart from the way he entered, the only way they haven't examined yet is the moss-covered water tunnel. He moves towards it now.

Meanwhile, Towa removes some contents from his bag, and places the pack in the indentation. It slowly moves away from him, causing him to worry if he has lost his bag. Then, it returns. He opens it to make sure everything is still there, and his eyes nearly pop from his head. The bag is far bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. He does a double take, closes it, re-opens it, re-examines it, checks the outside, then stuffs his head inside the bag. It's pretty roomy in there. Near the bottom, there are a bunch of supplies. Seems the bag came with a ladder too. He could easily enter it, climb down, and grab the supplies, which appear to be food.

Duncan moves away from the bear, summoning it. After a few seconds, it slips away from its hiding spot. As Duncan reaches the door, he turns to see the little cute creature bounding over some small rocks in the glade to reach him. Adorable. Duncan enters the room, and places his sword in the indent. As it floats away, he checks out his surroundings. Why does Towa have his head stuck in a bag? As Duncan is wondering whether to help Towa get his head out, his sword returns, as he turns to look at it, his eyes catch the shine of metal. His practice wooden sword has lost its two adjectives- practice, and wooden. He now brandishes some curious mix between a broadsword and a longsword.

Then, suddenly...
A roar is heard from somewhere in the glade. Just as Odo is about to say "Told you so... Angry Bear Mommy!", a curious looking sleek black cat pops out. None of you have ever seen the likes of you, but the animal appears to have only one intention in mind- Food. Its eyes lock on the cub, Bran, and it bears its teeth, which are red with fresh blood. It pounces.
((Poor Bran, but you guys need some sort of push to move along!))

((EDIT: Just to clear it up, Bran is not dead yet. The large cat has simply jumped ahead of Bran, and is preparing to attack. I'll roll to see who goes first in combat when the combat turn comes.))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2015, 03:47:07 pm »

Towa slowly pulls his head out of the bag. "Hey guys, I don't know if I am the one loosing it but I think this bag just got bi- and, finally, as he gets his head out, he is faced with a very scary enemy. And can't help but shriek. . . . with all his lung force.
Possibly even loud enough that it distracts the big cat for a second or two.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:19:25 pm by zomara0292 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2015, 03:51:46 pm »

And can't help but shrek
Shrek is not a verb..?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2015, 03:54:48 pm »

"Ah! Cat!"

Throw the piece of copper ore at the cat's head with all the force I can muster. Hope for critical hits!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2015, 04:19:37 pm »

And can't help but shrek
Shrek is not a verb..?
right. fixed

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2015, 05:22:23 pm »

Grab the biggest rock I can find. Duncan! Fastball special! Like we practiced! Be thrown onto the cat's back by stronk Duncan. Grab the cat by the scruff of his neck and pound it's skull in! Odo! Towa! Run!!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 05:24:38 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9