Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I roll for Mundane tasks as well? Or should I keep the current system?

Roll for everything!
- 0 (0%)
Roll for mundane tasks and difficult tasks.
- 3 (42.9%)
Keep the same system.
- 3 (42.9%)
Slap a sticker on this baby and send her to Forum Games and Roleplaying.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a troll. Goodbye!
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]  (Read 9184 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]
« on: January 06, 2015, 03:24:16 pm »

THE CAVE

Welcome to the cave! This is an RTD that centers around Exploration, combat, Roleplay, and survival. Here's the general story:

The Cave is set in the Medieval age, meaning that guns and things like that do not exist. Please do not reference modern occurrences. The most advanced bit of tech you know about are crossbows.
You are a group of children (With ages going from around eight years old, to the eldest of you being fifteen.) who entered a forest nearby your town, seeking a hideout for your mischievous games together. You discovered a cave, and entered. That's where you are now.
Assume that each of you know each other enough to know each other's general backstory.
Feel free to build on to the plot in your own constructive ways. Just don't derail things, and don't do things to affect the gameplay, like conveniently located a hidden escape route in a trap, where I have not mentioned an escape route existing.
Without further ado, here are your character sheets:
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Traits will affect what makes your character really unique. I'd like to ask that if you see that someone else already took a trait, do not take it unless it's really necessary to your character development, or you have NO other option.
Spoiler: Traits (click to show/hide)

I'll take five players for now.
Magic may or may not exist in the world. As far as you kids know, it's rumored to exist.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 04:05:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:33:26 pm by Pufferfish »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 04:33:11 pm »

Spoiler: Odo (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 04:41:18 pm by Harry Baldman »

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 05:48:34 pm »

Name: Duncan
Trait: Aspiring Swordsman
Back-story: Duncan was raised on stories of Chivalrous Knights, whose duties were to the people of the realm. Ever since of the tales of Ser Harris the Hydra Slayer, Duncan has trained in the forest swinging sticks at trees and rocks. After some time, his parents saved up enough money to buy a wooden sword for Duncan to train with. This gift solidified Duncan's aspiration for knighthood, hoping one day to catch the eye of a knight into page hood.
Physical Attributes: Duncan's father worked as a lumberer, so carrying smaller logs was most of Duncan's childhood. He is well toned, being able to swing hard, but it also stunted his swiftness, making him hit less fluidly. He has curly long brown hair, and brown eyes.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 05:52:02 pm by Nidilap »
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 05:57:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:20:42 pm by Ama »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 06:20:34 pm »

Name: Yonzy
Trait: The Leader
Hyper-Active
Back-story: Tends towards a loner's lifestyle, quiet enough that those that don't know him have taken him for a mute. Has no family and avoids the orphan homes, gets by begging or stealing from the adults and digging in the trash behind the inn. The few pals he does have are so because he knows how to get things.
Physical Attributes: Has a miniature build such that even the younger boys could carry him in their arms, cultivates a skinny and unhealthy appearance that has helped him avoid beatings on a number of occasions out of pity. Has stoney grey eyes that look right through you.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 11:48:45 pm »

Name: Towa
Trait: Prepared
Back-story: Poor all of his life, he was left to be raised by humble parents in a humble shack, on the very very edge of town. Mainly because they were tanners. He, himself, though, grew small crops around the house. not healthy enough ones, to be taken, but, healthy enough to keep his family from starvation, when the hides were scarce. Hearing a chance he could leave his humble, boing, and rather lack luster light, behind, he took it with barely a second glance.
Physical Attributes: His cloths are but the basic coverings, and already are covered in dirt. His hair is dirty blond, and he reeks of. . . well, the dirt. Everything about him seems to be a shade of brown. Even his skin.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:52:45 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 12:09:08 am »

Name: Rhygor

Trait: Eye for Detail

Backstory: The son of a scholar and a healer, Rhygor would often sneak into his father's study to read. The papers were mostly boring articles with drawings of plants, which were his family's specialty. His knowledge of local flora was also built upon by his mother. This has given him a bit of respect among the local children as "that kid that knows where the Funnygus grows", Funnygus being a mildly hallucinogenic mushroom incredibly similar in appearance to Horrorcap, another hallucinogenic fungus with terror-inducing effects.

Often mocked by his peers for his ability to read in the first place, Rhygor nonetheless fits in fairly well with the rowdy village boys, and often accompanies them on trips into the wilds to play and forage.

Physical appearance: An unremarkable build, of average height and perhaps less-than-average strength, Rhygor's most striking traits are his vividly emerald eyes and the shock of white, cow-licked hair that sits above his left eye.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2015, 05:50:15 am »

Name: Dorothea
Trait: Prepared
Backstory: Dorothea was born to a family of farmers, but unlike her other siblings, who showed aptitude for this, Dorothea was the one who freaked out over possible diseases and infections of the like.
Appearance: She is of  normal stature for a girl her age, and has fairly dark skin and hangs her dark brown hair loose.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:03:10 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2015, 02:56:50 pm »

Spoiler: Accepted Players (click to show/hide)
I apologize to all those whom did not make it.

wipeout1024, I could not accept you because you did not include a trait.
Pufferfish, I could not accept you because the "Raised by wolves" and "Rehab" backstory. It just does not fit with the time.
I'm sorry, Ama, but your backstory was a bit too unbelievable. Children could not become rich in the medieval days. They were moreso property of their parents, so their parents would get all the money.

Writing up the intro now, just wanted to give you a heads up...
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2015, 03:40:36 pm »

Yonzy leads the small troop of boys into the cave. They enter the cave single file. Yonzy bounces up and down, obviously over-excited to be entering the cave. The largest of the group, Duncan, enters behind him, letting his practice blade rest at his side, holstered. Odo follows right behind, studying a feather he found in the forest. Rhygor comes next, examining the cave behind him. The roof near the entrance is lined with cracks, while it becomes more smooth and solid the further they go. Towa enters last,  then pauses to heft his pack all the way up on his back. As he enters the cave, he hears a small rumbling beginning from behind him. He taps Rhygor, and together they look out the entrance. Curious, the rest of the party joins them, peeking out.

A herd of large elk stream past, looking magnificent. All of you take a moment to break a smile at this rare occurrence. Suddenly, the ceiling starts shaking. You hear heavy thuds coming from above. There must be elk running on top of the cave, too. Suddenly, a chunk of rock hits the ground right next to Yonzy. Duncan immediately leaps back, grabbing hold of Yonzy and Odo with him. Towa throws his pack to Duncan, then dives out of the way. Rhygor, having seen the first rock dislodge itself even before it fell, already flung himself back into the cave, with an alarm call. The entire party now stands, most of them being bruised. Only Odo, remarkably, remains unbruised. Possibly because of the way he landed when he fell. The group shakily looks to the entrance, and finds yet another wall of rock. A slight breeze hits their heads from behind, and they slowly turn around, hoping beyond all hope that this breeze means there must be another way out.

Welcome to The Cave.

Start posting your actions!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 03:45:53 pm »

Check out the bag of it's contents, return it to Towa. If there is a loan term or something of that nature light it up.

Is everyone alright?
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 03:57:24 pm »

Aww, boo! No wild child for me. At least this should be fun to watch :D

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 04:44:21 pm »

"Mirac'lous, tha's wha' th' priest said. Mirac'lous..." Odo trails off, presenting his uninjured form to Yonzy and Duncan. He then shrinks in place a moment, and takes a cautious step, followed by yet another cautious step.

Examine fresh supply of rocks. Any shiny objects in them? Take the shiny objects if yes, take them now.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 06:30:06 pm »

"Miraculous my cock. We are stuck here. Umm. . . . . What was your name again . . . Duncan, help me with these rocks. I didnt bring much for food, and those rocks hit me in the bleeding face .
nurses my wounds and tries to dig at the same time.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9