Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I roll for Mundane tasks as well? Or should I keep the current system?

Roll for everything!
- 0 (0%)
Roll for mundane tasks and difficult tasks.
- 3 (42.9%)
Keep the same system.
- 3 (42.9%)
Slap a sticker on this baby and send her to Forum Games and Roleplaying.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a troll. Goodbye!
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]  (Read 9192 times)

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2015, 10:37:38 pm »

"Never."

Go find Duncan.

((Perhaps it was a bad idea to give the simpleton the magic rock?))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2015, 11:05:26 pm »

"That was over the top and weird. Sorry Yonzy. I didn't mean to bash your head open. Just meant to keep you from killing yourself."

Examine the moss. it probably can be used to to help heal up the wound on the both of our heads.
Has your head gone soft?! It was only water! Yonzy cupped his hands beneath the stream coming down from the ceiling, looked pointedly at Towa, then splashed the water over his head. Ow, ow, ow...

No, no more touching me, you've done plenty! Yonzy hopped away from Towa and towards the gate, muttering things under his breath.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2015, 12:59:07 am »

"Yah dont drink water from anything not a well! Learn common sense, you pot licker!"
digs in my bag for the wine and tosses it at him.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2015, 03:22:18 am »

Do you see any bleeding wells down here?! Who knows when we'll find fresh water again! Everyone drink while you can!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 11, 2015, 04:51:42 am »

Odo, in the process of showering his affections upon the rock, suddenly stops and looks upon his compatriots. None must see.

Kiss the nice rock and put it in my pack for now. Wander toward Yonzy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2015, 08:39:57 am »

Odo, cautious about the thieves currently surrounding him, showered the stone in love once more, then hid it away. He walked after Yonzy, to discover that he was gone. Yonzy, at the time, had already put the embarrassment of the situation behind him, and cautiously entered the room. It was an empty room, with some simple, primitive wall carvings. What interested him were the slots on the walls. There was one shaped like a sword, one like a feather, and yet another like a pouch. He realized that these fit each member of the party- Duncan had a sword, Odo had come in bearing a feather, and Towa of course had his pouch. Rhygor had that curious stone, as well. But there was no slot for that. Nor was there a slot for Yonzy? That saddened him. He wondered what would happen when every person's items were entered into the slots.

While Yonzy was exploring ancient man-made caves, Towa was searching around in his bag for the wine. It was gone? He remembered that Duncan had taken it. What a damn shame. Speaking of Duncan, Rhygor was searching for him. He stumbled upon Duncan with his back turned to a bear cub! It was running at him! Duncan was in danger!

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2015, 11:38:54 am »

Lift up the bear into my hands

I'll name you Bran.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2015, 12:43:59 pm »

"Ooh..."

Put my feather into feather-shaped hole. See what happens.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2015, 12:56:51 pm »

((One more person, please. I really would like to get a post out now before I have to go somewhere...!))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2015, 01:51:17 pm »

Where is that Duncan.  . . . .must have gone even farther ahead. . . Maybe I missed it.
Down the mossy path I go.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2015, 01:55:52 pm »

Duncan, overjoyed to have a new pet, lifts him into the air, deciding to name him "Bran". Bran struggles, looking uncertain about being lifted into the air. He begins to panic.

Meanwhile, Odo puts his feather into the slot in the wall. The feather quickly moves away from the opening, further into the wall. Then, a flash of light emits from the slow, and Odo is forced to look away. When he looks back, the feather is now returning. However, it is orange, and gives off a gentle light like it was a fire.

While this happens, Towa decides to explore ahead, thinking the rest of the group is ahead as well. However, just as he puts his feet on the first mossy stone, he slips. He hits the ground facing the way he came from, and sees Duncan cuddling a bundle of fur. He hesitates, uncertain what to do now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2015, 03:53:33 pm »

"Nice feather... nicer than rock, maybe? Rock might feel bad."

Take the feather. Is it warm? Does the warm feeling go away? Drop it if it's hot, putting injured fingers in mouth if needed. Look at it otherwise. Sense its secrets.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2015, 04:30:29 pm »

Head into the room if that is where everyone else is.
"Duncan, where did you get the fur coat? Hell, how could you have even afforded something like that?"

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2015, 07:01:20 pm »

Place Bran down carefully, cooing him to calm. Begin training him to scratch on command.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2015, 07:13:54 pm »

Odo takes his new feather. The moment his fingers brush it, he is struck with visions. He sees himself being struck in the chest by a spear, and falling. The feather floats out of his pocket, and lands on the ground. Suddenly, it bursts into a massive flame, and a form appears within it. When the fire subsides, he stands there, born anew. The feather turns to ash. The visions end, and he is holding the feather.

Towa heads into the same room as Odo and Yonzy, and asks Duncan about fur coats or something.

Duncan places the cub down, trying to soothe him. However, the moment he hits the ground, he scrambles away, then pokes his head out from behind a rock, looking suspicious and mischievous.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9