Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I roll for Mundane tasks as well? Or should I keep the current system?

Roll for everything!
- 0 (0%)
Roll for mundane tasks and difficult tasks.
- 3 (42.9%)
Keep the same system.
- 3 (42.9%)
Slap a sticker on this baby and send her to Forum Games and Roleplaying.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a troll. Goodbye!
- 1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]  (Read 9189 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The Cave [Exploration and Fighting RTD]
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2015, 04:11:24 pm »

((Yes, but don't worry. I plan to split you up soon. Say your goodbyes! You'll probably all meet up at one point. If you live, that is.))
((Way to spoil everything. >:c))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2015, 04:18:09 pm »

((Cmon, you MUST'VE seen it coming!))

Towa quickly grabbed the berries, and put them in his pack. He stood up, stretched, then walked over and joined Yonzy near the exit. Duncan put the wine satchel in a pocket, and drew his wooden practice sword. He searched around for a skulking creature, and found [Hidden Roll] a curious, small lump of brown fur which was gently rising and falling. Upon closer investigation, he located eyes, a nose, and a small snout. It looked peaceful.

Farther away, near the cave entrance, Yonzy was simply having a look around for other exits. He quickly located two branching paths. One was covered with mossy stone with small trickles of water heading down it, whilst another was sealed off with a curious looking gate. Upon closer investigation, he discovered that it was sealed, and would need a key. He wondered where it could be.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2015, 04:27:49 pm »

There's a door over here! Bring the bloody key would you? Meanwhile have a drink of that water.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2015, 04:59:42 pm »

"Odo! Catch!" Rhygor shouted before tossing the first stone. Grabbing the stone from the pedestal, he moved to inspect the gate and key.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2015, 05:11:27 pm »

"Odo! there is a gate! I think this is a temple!"
Stop Rhygor from drinking the water.
"Hey, didnt your mother ever teach you any better than drinking water from anywhere that isnt a well?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2015, 05:13:17 pm »

Stop Rhygor from drinking the water.
((Rhygor isn't drinking any water, that's me. It's just rain water besides, no big deal.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2015, 06:18:18 pm »

"Three shiny rocks. Mirac'lous."

Grab that opal, then go find Yonzy. He'll know what to do.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2015, 06:30:48 pm »

Examine the creature. If it's something aggressive, beat it down. If not, move away.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2015, 06:42:21 pm »

Duncan cautiously bends down, and the creature wakes with a start. It's gaping jaws open as it raises its head towards Duncan, and he is about to beat it down, when he realizes that it's yawning, not attacking. After blinking a few times, the creature locks its gaze on Duncan, and stares at him intently. As he moves away, it rises carefully to its paws, and follows him. It is a rather plump, shaggy, brown furred mammal. It would appear to be male. Duncan thinks it might be a bear cub.

Meanwhile, Odo gets multiple commands at once. He catches a flying stone, and gets yelled at by Towa. He trots over to Yonzy, after picking up the Opal, and awaits further command. Meanwhile, Towa runs up to Yonzy, who is simply trying to drink some water, and tries to make him stop drinking. [3 v 3, re-roll. 5 v 1] Towa pushes Yonzy away from the water, causing his head to collide with a rock wall. Yonzy temporarily lapses out of consciousness. ((Sorry Mate.)) Rhygor, ignoring the commotion, grabs the new stone, and walks over. He tries the key in the lock, and with a loud sound of metal clanking, the gate starts to rise like magic. Small Gears are moving to the top of it, but Rhygor doesn't know what is happening. He freaks out, and leaps backwards, slipping and falling onto his back. Ow. That hurt. The gate reaches the top of its rise with a clank. All is still, except Towa, who is busy shaking Yonzy.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2015, 06:54:55 pm »

"... four shiny rocks? Think that's four."

Examine brand new shiny rock that got thrown my way. Help Yonzy pull himself together.

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2015, 07:10:23 pm »

Feed it a scrap of meat.

Hey, little cub...
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2015, 07:44:19 pm »

Brushing himself off yet again, Rhygor stares in mild shock at the scene. "Towa! You might have killed him!"

Try to revive Yonzy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2015, 07:48:43 pm »

Odo peers into his new shiny rock, and sees all that its twin can see. Moments later, he is polishing it, crooning to it, and hugging it. It has taken his heart. Duncan pets the small little bear cub, and pulls out a scrap of meat. From somewhere. He feeds it to the cub. [4] Its eyes light up, and it flings itself at the meat, devouring it. When it is done, it looks at you, eyes bright, obviously excited. When you move backwards, it trots after you, a bounce in its step.
Duncan has adopted an unnamed bear cub.
Rhygor pushes Towa away and instantly sets to work reviving him. [6] He is doing CPR, and is about to give Yonzy the kiss of life when Yonzy's eyes fly open. The next few seconds are very awkward.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2015, 09:04:04 pm »

Yonzy puts his hand on Rhygor's face and carefully pushes him away. We never speak of this. Go look at what's beyond the gate.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2015, 10:36:12 pm »

"That was over the top and weird. Sorry Yonzy. I didnt mean to bash your head open. Just ment to keep you from killing yourself."
Examine the moss. it probably can be used to to help heal up the wound on the both of our heads. I mean. . . . thats what mom said the time I hurt myself.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9