Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Nuclear Throne - Fish Can Roll  (Read 15844 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear Throne - Fish Can Roll
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2015, 04:55:53 pm »

My favorite by far is golden crossbow.  If you pair it with a spammy weapon the stock crossbow is useful all the way to the throne (although you'll likely find something better).  Golden wrench is fun, not necessarily a huge help tho.

Machineguns are borderline worse than revolvers so Golden Machinegun is at the bottom of my list.  Golden Plasma Rifle SOUNDS great but is comically overkill until around the point you could have gotten it anyway.

Golden screwdriver can be used to continually visit the mansion until you get a different golden weapon that you like.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2015, 05:05:18 pm »

Chicken, golden wrench and the crown of blood is my favourite play style. So much death. (I haven't played in a month or so, you still can choose a crown right off the bat, right?).

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2015, 10:30:42 pm »

Plant, golden wrench, autocrossbow and crown of blood is my prefered playstyle. Unfortunately after taking a massive break from the game and playing other titles like Hotline: Miami 2 the 30fps is really jarring. It doesn't seem like the devs have any plans to uncap that either.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2015, 01:25:33 am »

Plant, golden wrench, autocrossbow and crown of blood is my prefered playstyle. Unfortunately after taking a massive break from the game and playing other titles like Hotline: Miami 2 the 30fps is really jarring. It doesn't seem like the devs have any plans to uncap that either.

They make arcade games. Why would they have more than 30fps?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2015, 01:56:47 am »

60hz has been the majority standard for arcade machines since the mid 70s.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2015, 02:00:17 am »

Say, is Big Dog still playable? I don't have the game so I can't say.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2015, 08:30:18 pm »

Say, is Big Dog still playable? I don't have the game so I can't say.
Yes, but he's not mentioned in any update logs so its not clear if they intend to keep him.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2015, 06:04:54 pm »

New update today. Added in new 'seeker' weapons. Basically, they fire out seeking bolts that are slow but home in on targets. I got a Seeker Pistol with Robot. Combined with Scarier Face...that thing was NASTY. Sadly, my weapons weren't very good for a throne fight at the end since the game decided not to give me any decent replacements. A Devastator and Seeker Pistol just don't cut it, although they did prove to be very effective in the Palace.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2015, 10:57:37 am »

Have they implemented window scaling yet?

Last time I played, it was either a 1:1 window (tiny) or humongous full screen. 2x or 3x window scaling would be grand.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2015, 11:06:39 am »

Not sure, I only ever play full screen.

Also, I've decided that the Seeker Pistol is probably OP at the moment. I looped with robot using a seeker pistol and Heavy Assault Rifle, and really didn't need anything else. At least up to the looped Big Dog fight, which is where I died. Impressive for a weapon you can pick up fairly early on.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2015, 12:19:59 am »

Funny, long, multi-loop play by Sleepcycles. Just for those that don't know the game.

It gets hard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jH35OkAdsKo
It's a game. Have fun.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2015, 07:23:22 pm »

Anyone have any good strategies for actually looping now? Gotten to the throne a few times and beaten it in the last update, but no matter what I can't seem to manage to destroy enough of the generators to actually loop and kill the Throne.
Come play Mafia with us!

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2015, 09:53:29 pm »

I would recommend a good spammy weapon (like auto-weapons) and focus on the generators before switching to killing the throne.

In other news, I just got up to Ball-mum as Rebel. I had a really good build for just spamming Rebel's active.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2015, 10:08:06 pm »

Anyone have any good strategies for actually looping now? Gotten to the throne a few times and beaten it in the last update, but no matter what I can't seem to manage to destroy enough of the generators to actually loop and kill the Throne.
Back muscle is good.  Leave the chest weapon on the ground if AT ALL possible as you may not have any ammo left after killing the throne.

The most important thing is pure, unadulterated damage.  Not even DPS (although that's a serious concern as well), just how much damage can you do before running out of ammo.  Also, try to keep something long range so that once the generators are down you can run so that the throne is offscreen and then keep hurling stuff at it.  Bullet weapons + recycle gland are good.  Dodging the throne isn't unbelievably hard or anything but you'll have less practice against it than everything else (or at least I do) so... keep trying I guess.

Unfortunately, builds that are good at looping tend to be bad against the horrible swarm of maggots in your face that can happen in the first ten seconds of looping.  But hey, at least you can say you looped...

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2015, 11:36:34 pm »

You tried Impact Wrists?

The collateral damage from kills might thin out the loop hordes a bit.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6