Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Nuclear Throne - Fish Can Roll  (Read 15836 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear Throne - Fish Can Roll
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2016, 08:56:11 pm »

I like eagle eyes.  Any weapon that fires in a cone, it'll narrow the cone; if you want the spread to be wider you can just drag the mouse while shooting.  Or you can move the mouse back and forth along a crescent moon shape; take the ideal arc you want to fire along and then shorten it by a few degrees on either side.  All that advice also applies if you want to hit multiple enemies with an assault rifle, assault slugger or laser cannon.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2016, 01:41:58 am »

I'm finding in my loop runs that Big Dog is becoming a Lil' Hunter-esque beef gate.  Its a suprise considering how much of a pushover he's become in the normal game.  He always seems to spawn in a completely open arena.  The scrapyard enemies are very annoying to fight at the same time as Big Dog so my usual strategy is to go in blasting and kill everything in sight with no regard for ammo.  In loop that... tends to summon more problems, in a way that forces you to run around like a headless Chicken.  Not safe at all.

Got a great loop run going with Eyes.  Had a lightning hammer and a gatling bazooka; didn't have any mutations related to either of them but I made do.  I also had throne butt + euphoria + monster style.  It gave me a whole lot of control over distance and let me say "no" to being shot at; pretty powerful considering this is a bullet hell.   Unfortunately, this backfired big time against Big Dog because I could either repel his bullets or his missiles but not both at the same time.  Not to mention that Big Dog gets pulled.  Ended up being chased around by everyone's favorite police force and then inadvertently pulling a missile on top of myself.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2016, 12:15:54 am »

So, ah, there's a mod that adds steam API integrated online co-op into this game.  Now, you might say, "hat, that's not how modding works".  And, you would be right.  Whoever did this is completely insane.  But it got featured on RPS so presumably it works.  I haven't been able to test it because no one is online right now (its 1 AM where I live).

...anyone want to play Nuclear Throne?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2016, 01:19:13 am »

Seems interesting. I'm hosting a public lobby now (v9832).

Edit:
Played a few runs, and it works very well. There were occasionally periods of lag, but it wasn't very disruptive, and there were no desyncs. I haven't played in ages and haven't seen the new content, so it was funny getting carried (I think I got hit by 80% of the cop vans). We didn't finish more than one loop, and often we were stuck with some pretty pitiful weapons (like fighting the second phase of the throne boss with a wrench and grenade launcher), but it was pretty damn fun.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 02:36:17 am by UrbanGiraffe »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2016, 01:42:10 pm »

Got a match with a B-skin robot, it was really fun.  We immediately developed a primitive democracy by hovering over the mutations we wanted to pick.  Throne B took a fucking century because I ran out of ammo and devoted myself to destroying projectiles with my guitar (I was fish), and the other guy kept getting downed.  I had a really nice setup (guitar + heavy machinegun) but I found my first ultra weapon ever, a grenade launcher, at L1 1-2 so I had to take it.  Robot took my guitar, and then in the bullmum fight *I* kept getting downed and then we died as a result.  Should have stuck to playing that music (also the way ultra grenade launcher works doesn't seem that helpful, it doesn't detonate on impact instead it does damage).

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2016, 03:11:18 pm »

Yeah, picking the mutations works well, the people I've played with were very cooperative. I didn't know they were shared for both players at first though, so now I feel guilty picking shotgun fingers during my first run. Also a lot of the balance seems to have changed. Is scarier face no longer worth taking? I've always automatically picked it in SP, but the people I've played with always preferred something else to it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2016, 03:58:05 pm »

They might just not be that great.  i played with one guy who ran around with a constantly out of ammo triple machinegun from desert to labs.  That's not something that someone who reaches throne often would do.  They also chose last wish going into palace at about 60% health/ammo, which makes me think they were reaching the lategame for the first time.  Not that I mind, in a lot of ways playing co op with lower skilled players is more fun than playing with experts.

What makes scary face so good is that it stacks infinitely with everything.  There is no build in the entire game that doesn't want scary face.  It might not be clear to newer players that if your heavy crossbow wants trigger fingers and bolt marrow what it actually wants is trigger fingers, bolt marrow, AND scary face.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]