Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Nuclear Throne - Fish Can Roll  (Read 15846 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Nuclear Throne - Fish Can Roll
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2015, 06:52:45 pm »

Crosspost from own thread:
heh heh
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
ahahahah
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
BWAHAHAHAHA oops
Oh what the hell, I don't even care.  That was glorious.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Steroids loves his crossbows
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2015, 12:36:19 pm »

Man...did the game get harder after the last patch or did I get worse somehow?

I'm not good at the game as it is, I've only ever reached the throne twice. But now I am having trouble even getting past the junkyard, when I used to get to the ice city pretty reliably at least.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 04:11:49 pm »

Don't think so. Little Hunter did get balanced quite a lot, though.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 04:48:52 pm »

So uh, you can play as big dog. Part of the april fools day patch, not sure when it'll get removed.

It's strange to play, and incredibly ineffective.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 06:43:32 pm »

So uh, you can play as big dog. Part of the april fools day patch, not sure when it'll get removed.

It's strange to play, and incredibly ineffective.
Not as good as the one where they made it 3D.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 09:01:07 pm »

They even made Big Dog Ultras. I wasn't around to see the game as it was in 3D.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2015, 09:14:23 pm »

I really hope they keep that around, it'd be cool.
Oh, and Jefmajor does pretty frequent sessions of this game too, so that provides a good amount of hilarity.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2015, 10:30:26 pm »

Big Dog would need a bit of balancing I think.  He needs a better way to get through walls, and he mainly seems to live or die based on whether his missiles randomly drop explosive ammo or some other kind of ammo.

But for giving an almost identical mechanical copy of the first boss to players as an April Fool's joke... pretty damn balanced.  Its really fun and hilarious to try to flatten against a wall as a huge monster because a sniper is shooting at you.

I took all the files in the steam folder so I'll have this in case it is temporary.  Hopefully everything needed to run the game is in that one folder.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 10:34:52 pm »

Yeah, Big Dog is interesting. Makes me hope they put in an actual character that is bigger than normal. It really changes how the game works and makes different perks more important than ones for other characters.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2015, 10:57:17 pm »

Actually, with Plutomium Hunger, Hammerhead, Extra Feet, Second Stomach, and maybe Gamma Guts and a few other mutations like say Back Muscle, Scarier Face, Throne Butt, Stress, and Sharp Teeth, Big Dog could be a pretty awesome build.
I wanna try that out now. I hope they keep him in, maybe as a feature you unlock after you loop.
Sig! Onol

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2015, 11:35:04 pm »

Chicken loves her Big Dog.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2015, 11:57:27 pm »

Actually, with Plutomium Hunger, Hammerhead, Extra Feet, Second Stomach, and maybe Gamma Guts and a few other mutations like say Back Muscle, Scarier Face, Throne Butt, Stress, and Sharp Teeth, Big Dog could be a pretty awesome build.
I wanna try that out now. I hope they keep him in, maybe as a feature you unlock after you loop.

If you take boiling veins, you can rapidly right click to become a moving explosion.  If you drop enough health kits outside Big Dog's hitbox you might even survive.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2015, 12:05:40 am »

Boiling veins only works under 4 HP though.
Sig! Onol

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2015, 12:59:20 am »

That's what makes it funny.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2015, 01:46:17 pm »

Oh, man, picked up a Golden Laser Pistol on a recent run. That thing is my favorite golden weapon to start with yet. The accuracy boost means that it is pretty reliable even into the ice city, although you really want to have a damage boost at that point to really keep with it. I had plant's special, so I was doing a snare/shoot combo. But the pistol was doing as well as the auto shotgun I had, which is pretty impressive. I imagine that scarier face or laser brain would have been equally as effective.

So far my ranking for starting with a golden weapon goes:

Laser Pistol
Shotgun
Machine Gun
Crossbow
Wrench
Grenade Launcher (Fun, but kills you a bit too much before you get a decent secondary to be a good starter weapon)
Screwdriver

Haven't gotten one by looping yet, so I can't comment on how good those are. Although I imagine a Golden Assault Rifle or Plasma gun would be a fantastic start.
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6